Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ah, he's still technically a "Kitten" until 9/11 of this year, but if you notice the subject line is "Giving a Cat a Bath..." He was officially a Kitten when we got him, but now he's a cat, I'd say... But still has to eat kitten food.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    He was officially a Kitten when we got him, but now he's a cat, I'd say... But still has to eat kitten food.
    Oh so now ur also underfeeding your cat, like amy would say "animal molester and the kitten/cat should be taken away from you. Now. "

Good for you that you do not have a bunny, else you can be sure seeing inspector bunny at your doorstep !! Or if situation is worse, full fleshed BUNNY Attack , cause than you would be treated as Terrorist by the Bunny Jury !! Oh if you think bunnies aint got no arms training , thing again, we can take up arms to save our fella bunnymen !!

Cheers
    Last edited by Energizer Bunny; 04-05-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: forgot to scare the user !!
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Ah I'm not worried about it, technically he is still a kitten, but if you look at him, you would call him a cat.

Ah well.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

I don't understand why you would want to bath a cat. Cats hate water and if anyone else had been bathing him he may have made his displeasure more obvious.

I had a bath a cat once because he got beaten up by another cat and messed himself, protective gloves were a MUST.
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

Last edited by derek.bodner; 04-05-2008 at 10:27 PM.

Giving cats a bath is a good thing if the cat has fleas!

I've got to agree, that is one huge kitten. Even if it's just around a year old (when a kitten becomes a 'cat'?), it's still big.

My two try to take a bath with me every once in a while, it's rather amusing, they'll get up on the side of the tub, then slip and fall and run like hell.

Cats are not (by nature) water loving creatures, personally I say let 'em clean themselves, they will eventually
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

We give our cat a bath every 2-3 weeks whether he needs it or not. Keeps him acclimated to it. He likes the water, just doesnt like the soap.

Our cat absolutely LOVES water. We can't keep him out of it. Its insane. If he hears the kitchen faucet turn on, he jumps up on the countertop and tries to get in. He pretty much destroyed our Christmas tree last year - between climbing up inside of the branches and knocking everything down...we would get in the tree stand and splash around in the water. Almost ruined the floor.

He got into the crawl space of our house the other day and came out covered in dust and spiderwebs and junk. We gave him a bath and he just sat in the sink perfectly content while we sprayed him off with the faucet sprayer.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

My wife and I got a kitten about 4 months ago and have been giving him a bath about once a month or so, trying to get him used to it while he is young and easy to handle.

Well the first time he threw a fit and I had to "Scruff" him to keep him still and wahtnot. Second time was about the same.

Tonight I gave him a bath, I put him in the water and he just sat there and hissed for like the whole 10 minutes I was giving him a bath... it was quite hilarious. Inbetween hissing he was growling - you'd think somebody was trying to kill him. What was really funny was that with all of this hissing and growling he just sat there and let me wash him, while he was voicing his opinion on how much he disliked it!

I don't know... it was just humorous and I felt like sharing it.

Here's a picture of the cat chilling under my desk lol:
    http://www.mddent.net/images/cat3.jpg

Cats are pretty clean on their own. Unless they are rolling around in crap I wouldnt do it. He is probably pissed because now when he licks himself he has to taste SOAP or whatever you used. I'd be pissed too and unhealthy if i had to eat soap.

BTW I have a Silver Bengal and they love water... she tries to get in the shower with me but is scared of the water spraying so hard.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by omitraffic View Post
    Cats are pretty clean on their own. Unless they are rolling around in crap I wouldnt do it. He is probably pissed because now when he licks himself he has to taste SOAP or whatever you used. I'd be pissed too and unhealthy if i had to eat soap.

BTW I have a Silver Bengal and they love water... she tries to get in the shower with me but is scared of the water spraying so hard.
    You should probably read the whole thread before responding friend The cat dug to the bottom of the trash can, hence needed a bath, he was absolutely disgusting.

You should probably read the whole thread before responding friend The cat dug to the bottom of the trash can, hence needed a bath, he was absolutely disgusting.
    Missing information : Was the trash can empty or full ? And was trash can sitting outside or inside house ? Was trash can actually filthy ?
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

My wife and I got a kitten about 4 months ago and have been giving him a bath about once a month or so, trying to get him used to it while he is young and easy to handle.

Well the first time he threw a fit and I had to "Scruff" him to keep him still and wahtnot. Second time was about the same.

Tonight I gave him a bath, I put him in the water and he just sat there and hissed for like the whole 10 minutes I was giving him a bath... it was quite hilarious. Inbetween hissing he was growling - you'd think somebody was trying to kill him. What was really funny was that with all of this hissing and growling he just sat there and let me wash him, while he was voicing his opinion on how much he disliked it!

I don't know... it was just humorous and I felt like sharing it.

Here's a picture of the cat chilling under my desk lol:
    http://www.mddent.net/images/cat3.jpg
    DONT EVER wash your cat.

its very annoying to them and destroys their psychology. except the rare ones that like it. since your cat is growling and hissing, its a definite no to wash him. him letting you do it does not mean its ok.

cats already have antiseptic saliva. they can clean themselves way better than you can clean them. in extreme cases of dirt, get a semi wet towel and rub them with it. he'll probably like it. the rest he can do with his tongue, very well.

he's gonna be a very handsome boy btw. when he gets to age 4-5, he's gonna have a head that fits in your whole palm.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaOrange View Post
    that's an awfully big kitten :O
    not as big as he's gonna be in a few years' time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12