Build a simple and plain sports site

I'm planning to make a sports website which includes some news and results on NBA and soccer leagues in England, Spain, Italy, etc.

I want everything simple and plain, like the news will be short and brief, say 50-100 words long, and there won't be so many sections on one page.

I got this idea since I find it quite difficult to read nba.com or some other sports sites like espn.com, skysports.com, foxsports.com...

Do you guys think it's a good idea and if it's worth doing so?

If you add some sport betting tips - then yes
    Every website should be both informative and useful. If you add sport betting tips - you'll gain additional visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by VentureMaker View Post
    If you add some sport betting tips - then yes
    Every website should be both informative and useful. If you add sport betting tips - you'll gain additional visitors.
    Thanks.
    But I'm not a sports gambler and I don't like it either.

OK, but anyway you have to make your website different in some way.
    Right, you'll have it more user-friendly and not so overloaded, perhaps better organized.

But you'll have to add some exclusive feature(s) that will make your website differ among others not only in terms of design.

Quote Originally Posted by VentureMaker View Post
    OK, but anyway you have to make your website different in some way.
    Right, you'll have it more user-friendly and not so overloaded, perhaps better organized.

But you'll have to add some exclusive feature(s) that will make your website differ among others not only in terms of design.
    Yes, user-friendliness is my major concern. I find many sports sites are not so user-friendly, with too much stuff on them. That's why I wanna make it simple and plain.

Hi,

I think it's a great idea and it has already been done in NASCAR with huge success. A site named Jayski.com (I can't post links on this forum yet) started doing a feed of the latest news and rumors and it did so well ESPN bought it and still has him run it the same way. It was because his site was simple, user friendly, and NASCAR's site was covered in advertisements, videos, and overall is just confusing. But it's funny you mention that NBA.com is hard to navigate because it is the same people that run NASCAR.com. I am seeing a trend here

Leilani
    leilanimunter.com (my racing site)

Quote Originally Posted by leilanimunter View Post
    Hi,

I think it's a great idea and it has already been done in NASCAR with huge success. A site named Jayski.com (I can't post links on this forum yet) started doing a feed of the latest news and rumors and it did so well ESPN bought it and still has him run it the same way. It was because his site was simple, user friendly, and NASCAR's site was covered in advertisements, videos, and overall is just confusing. But it's funny you mention that NBA.com is hard to navigate because it is the same people that run NASCAR.com. I am seeing a trend here

Leilani
    leilanimunter.com (my racing site)
    Thanks.
    I just took a look on jayski. Well, honestly, it looks awful as if a 90s website.
    I'm sure I can make a better one.

By the way, just give me any idea you can think of.
    Thanks again.