Thread: Is this good?

Is this good?

What do you think of their cheapest plan?

http://www.brightlightwebsites.com/services.html

Do you think it would be enough for little website (about 1800 hist per day with 60 megs of zip downloads everyday).

I also have a forum using mySQL.

Thanks a lot!

Who's they? What's the plan

Well, the plan probably looks good enough for your requirement. The 60mb downloads would take up about 1.8gb/mth.

You might want to write to them to determine if the download contents is deemed legitimate with them first and also about running the Forum. Some consume tons of CPU processing power and may pose an issue for the server in questions, these especially the Perl based ones.

Also when you sign up, go for the monthly plan so that you could take the time to evaluate their system and service before moving to annual payment, if you so desire.

The important point is writing to them would give you the confidence that you are not violating their policy and also a good way to guage their response time.

Beyond that, I cannot comment on their service level because I do not know anything about them.

One thing, their order form doesn't seems to be secured.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

You are correct, the order form is not secure, but the payment area is (2checkout).. Thanks

Hello,

I am a customer/client of BLWS's. I have been hosted with them for for probably 2 months or more, so far, I have not had any problem with my website. No downtime which i am aware of, great support and I have been told by visitors to my site, they are fast (I am on a 56k modem so I can not tell so much).

With them I have only had good experiences, like last week, someone deleted my whole sites content. After a quick message to BLWS, they helped me to get my site back up and working as quick as possible.

As well as good support, their prices are very cheap and competitive as you may of already noticed.

If you would like to ask me any questions regarding them, I will be happy to answer them.

Regards,
    Andy
    - Andy
    Free browser based game:
    http://www.critticage.com
    Play in your spare time!

This might be a good deal if you will never ever need more than the space that comes with the smallest plan. As soon as you upgrade it gets incredibly expensive! Their support area isn't really visible to visitors, so I can not judge on that, and no FAQ anywhere. Their forum is basically empty, so I doubt they are in business for more than a few months. That's all I can tell from here.

<<Removed: Please do not spam the forum with your URL>>

Hope this helps!

Stephen
    Last edited by Chicken; 08-27-2002 at 03:59 PM.
    Stephen's Independent Hosting Provider Review
    http://hostingreview.rahn.net

<<Removed>>
    Stephen,

Thank you for your insight but i think refferals and any sort of advertisements that promote a particular hosting company are banned from this forum.

Your site seems to be hosted by page-zone and are reffering its services to WHT members. There is nothing wrong with it but can you please place your recommendations in the appropriate advertising forum.
    --------------------------
    This page and all linked documents are copyrighted by Stephen Rahn.
    Absolutely no publication or reproduction without permission and no commercial use.

This page is hosted by Page-Zone:
    ------------------------

Nothing personal, just a thought Have a nice day!
    Last edited by Chicken; 08-27-2002 at 04:02 PM.

I'm going to sign up today

Hello ForumsAddict,

it's good you are sensitive about such issues, I support it even, and of course I know it's not personal (we never met each other I guess).

Of course my webpage tells more about the host I know that about the ones I do not know.
    But please note that I have added reviews of hosts that other people asked me to do, and that I clearly state that some of the other providers that are so good that I considered them for myself might be very well suitable for many other people (not everyone needs streaming media).
    I can't sign up with any host I want to review and then have that review on anothers host servers, just to look 110% independent.

To clarify things completely: My previous host died away killing my account and several hundered others. After getting over my frustrations I put up that review page in order to help my fellow victims in getting a new host. I was happy to have found a host that's good (up to now) and many people told me my report was of use to them. So I guess it's going to be very hard for me to abstain from telling those who ask for information about it.
    Stephen's Independent Hosting Provider Review
    http://hostingreview.rahn.net

no problem

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot to all of you! This is really securising me. I'm still thinking about going with a pay host or not (I have always been with free hosts) and have only paid for my domain name. But now that my actual host (a small host for fantasy/adventure sites) is down (has been for 3 or 4 days now), I really think about paying for a good one.

I'll continue to read your advices.