Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Paypal

Forum Jump

Paypal

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2002, 02:02 AM

Angry

Paypal

I had $700 in total sent to my account, which ended up being fraudulant cash. Anyhow, when paypal saw this, they debited that amount out of the account, leaving it at -$700. (I had transferred the cash to my bank account after a day or so as I sure as hell didnt want someone to somehow steal it (guessing a password)).. Anyhow, paypal keep asking me to topup the account, but wont give me the access to do so! My account remains frozen, while the ask me to get money in it! I have sent them countless emails for them to at least accept payments... but no.. instead they keep moaning about me puting money in there while not allowing me to do so.

If the well known paypal attendant could help me out on this one, it would be great! Thanks yall.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2002, 02:05 AM
Web Hosting Master

ima little confused....if you deposited $700 in fraud cash to your bank account from your paypal account, and paypal wants this money back....don't you think u should give it back???

maybe im missing something..........

Old 08-20-2002, 02:06 AM

That is exactly what I mean! I am wanting to give the cash back, but they will not allow me to do so because my accounts STILL remains frozen!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2002, 02:07 AM

And BTW, I didn't deposit the $700, a few customers did, which added to a total of $700

Old 08-20-2002, 02:09 AM
Web Hosting Master

ah....gotcha

ya that's a pretty mind boggling sitch....waiting for the paypal guy might be the best bet (i hope u emailed them too )

Old 08-20-2002, 02:10 AM

Countless times

Old 08-20-2002, 02:10 AM

Just so you know, I have been waiting for some action to be taken for about.. oh a month or 2?

Old 08-20-2002, 02:16 AM

Do the paypal support staff hang in these forums at all?

Old 08-20-2002, 02:19 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by faculty
Do the paypal support staff hang in these forums at all?
Ya, Damon from Paypal hangs out here. Doubt he'd be here at this hour though

Old 08-20-2002, 02:21 AM

Are there any paypal staff on MSN or any other IRC like system?

Old 08-20-2002, 04:18 AM
WHT Addict

I'm not saying that you should be dishonest and that, but what if you don't pay it back? Did paypal say they'd take legal action against you or something?

Old 08-20-2002, 04:31 AM

Well no... I mean it isn't my fault that someone gave me fraudulant funds. But the things is, I do wish to use this paypal account to again collect payments of those whom wish to pay by paypal, or already do! I have lost about 50 accounts due to not being able to provide the paypal gateway I am supposed to, and I think enough is enough!

(I can prove these 50 clients I have missed out on).. Just for informational purposes.

Old 08-20-2002, 04:32 AM
WHT Addict

Can't you open another account?

Old 08-20-2002, 05:15 AM
Web Hosting Master

Actually in the beginning, how could a fraud takes place on the Paypal network ? Opening an account there isn't all that simple, with the account not being activated until you are charged $1.50 or so and only activated after you enter the security code found on your credit card bill. Of course, if someone stole the card and also sold your credit card bill to enter the key to activate the account. The email address would be tied to that credit card.

Of course, to get chargeback probably means that the customer signed on the web hosting account, use it and decided he did not want to pay and say it is fraud.

I understand that the Paypal policy is that if you do not have prove of delivery via one of the courier company package, as a vendor, you are just unsecured. So much for all the security on Paypal.

Perhaps, it is better off to get out of Paypal if you can. Lose a few customers through it is better than being bitten twice.

Old 08-20-2002, 05:19 AM

why dont u try pming this demon guy from paypal that someone was mentioning?

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Trend Micro Report Identifies Malware Risks for Mobile Shoppers Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 11:05:01
EBay Buys Braintree, PayPal Offers Small Business Loans Web Hosting News 2013-09-26 12:14:40
PayPal Nears Braintree Acquisition Deal: Report Web Hosting News 2013-09-23 14:03:32
PayPal UK IPN Issues Impact Web Hosts, Users Web Hosting News 2013-02-01 09:34:43
CIRA Warns .CA Registrants of Fake Domain Renewal Email Phishing Scam Web Hosting News 2012-08-10 11:02:44