Advice Needed: Similar looking logos

Hello All,

I'm after a bit of advice on a subject, it's not related to web hosting per say, but it is a design issue, and as I'm here every week anyway I thought I'd call upon the great people of WHT!

Ok...

About 14 months ago I had a logo designed by a graphic designer and never got round to using it for the intended project. A few months later I found someone else in the same sector using a very similar looking logo. What I want to know is if I'm treading on dodgy ground if I now use my logo. Both companies are UK based.

The two logos are different, but they're the same basic idea. Both logos feature the outline of a person doing a star jump. My logo is more detailed, in that you can make out the persons ears, hair, knees, shorts etc, he/she also has 5 fingers. The other logo is a much more basic version without the above mentioned detail and with just 4 fingers. The company name is included in the design of the actual logo in my case, but doesn't appear to be so in theirs.

I wish to get this logo printed on products so I want to make sure I'm safe to do so before proceeding.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give.

Hello,

Just wanted to bump the thread and see if anyone knows anything about this subject?

Show us both logos/websites Then we'll be able to judge what is what.