Thread: Hosting

Hosting

Which is best a Small Hosting Company who can supply everything I will need to host my website or a Large Company where I may have to buy extra stuff (MS SQL etc.)I have an ecommerce website which is being built at the moment and having read these forums there seems to be problems with some of the larger companies and there overselling issues.

I have a good budget and once the site is up and running I expect to have alot of visitors.

your advice would be grateful.

Cheers

I would say check out the Support on who ever you decide to go with, do not pay an out right yearly fee pay monthly that way you are not tied in for the year if something goes wrong.

Other then that I would look in the WHT - Web Hosting Offers and see what is in there.

Well, this is the place to be.

Take a look at the WHT Offers forum and you may find a special offer.
    Quality Web Hosting at its Best!
    100% Satisfaction Guaranteed | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Hosting Solutions
    www.QualityHostOnline.com - Proudly Serving Thousands of Customers Since 2001

This may sound corny, but you will do well to find someone large enough to take care of you...and small enough to WANT to take care of you.
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!

Have you tried cartikahosting.com ? they do offer MSSQL if I'm not wrong.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you keep your domain names separate to your hosting. This means you always have the freedom of switching quickly if things don't work out.

It looks like you need to work with the hosting company on daily basis. This might not happen with some of the biggest web hosts, but you can still try. Do you have any specific server configurations that you want to be made? I would suggest you to send a list of requirements to a few web hosting companies so you should be able to compare what do they offer.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

That is a great question and more often than not I prefer to work with smaller-sized companies who can meet my needs (technology and otherwise)customize their offering based upon by business demands, and offer a level of customer service that the big players cannot match. On the hosting and VPS front I have found such a company and cannot recommend them highly enough. From VPS to SharePoint they have exceeded my expectations. They are worth a look...3dgwebhosting.com.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by The Hosting Team View Post
    This may sound corny, but you will do well to find someone large enough to take care of you...and small enough to WANT to take care of you.
    Cheers I have found a small hosting company that I will use, I will keep you updated if anything bad happens but at the moment I am impressed 5 minutes to answer an email on my questions about the hosting.

Well done, Simon (especially if that email was early on Saturday morning!).
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!