Home office = Not productive

I have noticed that working from home is becoming increasingly more unproductive, due to the amount of distractions (which have increased now that I just got out of a long term relationship and live alone).

I can't seem to get anything done at home, theres always something else I could be doing...

I decided last night that I had to get an office somewhere... So I started hitting up craigslist etc and came across these:

http://granvillesuite.com/home.html

All looks good, and they are walking distance from me...

Should be interesting.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Wow that looks a bit too cushy for me, I prefer the sharp and defined office space you see in a "regular office building"

But to each their own! I wish you the best of luck.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Wow that looks a bit too cushy for me, I prefer the sharp and defined office space you see in a "regular office building"

But to each their own! I wish you the best of luck.
    its a bit 'cushy' for me, but its local and affordable.
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I couldn't imagine working anywhere else but my home office. Besides, when you leave the "office" and come home, you'll be working from a laptop anyways.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    I couldn't imagine working anywhere else but my home office. Besides, when you leave the "office" and come home, you'll be working from a laptop anyways.
    My goal is to not work when I come home, i'll have monkeys for that.

I have decieded that I really need to get a office as well, as I do not really get anything done at home. I was looking at these: http://www.blakebuilding.net/, the office I was looking at was 250sq feet, and was on the 5th floor. The building is old though, and they still have a elevator operator to operate it, and he only works until 5pm. The office is cheap in internet capable, but I still have not decided if its the route I want to take.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    My goal is to not work when I come home, i'll have monkeys for that.
    Are you calling the people working for you "monkeys"?

Nice office, btw.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

I agree working from home is many distractions. I come home from work and work at night when family is around. Even though my office is located in the basement (it's a finished basement) I still have many distractions.

Even on days off, I can't stand a dirty house so I feel that I have to clean or do laundry, etc. An actual get away office would be nice. But I like the rent payment for the office at my own house vs paying for an office.

I have heard of people working in storage lockers before! Cheap!
    Atech St. Louis - Web Hosting - Website builder - 24/7 Support
    Dads In Distress - Dads helping Dads in Distress

I would LOVE to get an office outside of the house, due mainly to the fact that I've got the XBOX here and it pulls me away too often. (Man I love COD4 online) but I always tell myself it's not worth it because I would just find other distractions on the net...

Are you sure you can assume that you won't find distractions in an office not in your home?
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!

That's basically what I just said. I have never researched getting an office because I know I will find distractions wherever I go. (I assume you reply was meant for me)

I have to agree that working at office is much better than at home. I had been working at home around 2 years, there are many things that you can spend time on them, especially when you are sharing house with others. Each way (working at office or at home) still has its advantages and disadvantages, but I still prefer office for working and home for living. Please do not merge them

Not specifically - I was thinking more of the OP, though I can see your point.

Having worked in both environments, it's just my experience that where one is on the focus-distractability spectrum is for most people (though admittedly not all) more a function of what we do than what goes on around us.

Quote Originally Posted by kcackler View Post
    That's basically what I just said. I have never researched getting an office because I know I will find distractions wherever I go. (I assume you reply was meant for me)
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!