Need Your Opinioin on "Resources"

Hello there,

I'm currently running a non-profit board that has a little over 300 members. The site is hosted under my reseller plan (3GB space and 50GB bandwidth) but was recently told that I have to pay an additional fee since it's using high resources.

2% Resources
    3% RAM

So, my question is, do you think I should go ahead and pay an additional fee to keep my website running? Isn't 3GB/50GB enough to maintain a phpBB board? '

Please share your thoughts and opinions on this matter. Thanks.

Re: Need Your Opinioin on "Resources"

Originally posted by xelA
    Hello there,

I'm currently running a non-profit board that has a little over 300 members. The site is hosted under my reseller plan (3GB space and 50GB bandwidth) but was recently told that I have to pay an additional fee since it's using high resources.

2% Resources
    3% RAM

So, my question is, do you think I should go ahead and pay an additional fee to keep my website running? Isn't 3GB/50GB enough to maintain a phpBB board? '

Please share your thoughts and opinions on this matter. Thanks.
    phpBB is known to be resource intensive....ever consider switching to vBulletin?

edit: the answer to your question: pay nothing, switch to another host if your current forces you to pay

My personal OPINION is that those are really not alot of resources.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

how much better is vbulletin over phpbb?

phpbb runs on php too

I'll consider vBulletin when my site becomes really popular. As of now, over 300 members is not worth paying for a board especially since I'm on a tight budget.

In addition to what my hosting provider said, they somewhat mentioned that I'm their No. 1 resource hog on their server.

I've moved from server to server 5-6 times, mostly due to frequent downtimes, and now this??

I highly doubt you are their #1 resource hog using very little (relatively) resources.....ask them for justification...