MySQL Stops allowing external connections

Hello,

Recently I've upgraded my MySQL server. I connect to it via a conection from NIC to NIC (Internal IP addresses). Since the upgrade/format, I've managed to get everything back to the way it was. Everything works fine for 15-20 minutes. Then the PHP server can no longer access the MySQL server.

I tried logging in from the PHP server, I get access denied. I then tried logging in locally, on the MySQL server and I get in fine...

It's not like it's a firewall issue though, it's strange...

Any ideas? I tried updating PHP/MySQL to a few releases, even the RC's to no avail...

Something to note is that when I try restarting MySQL it can take 4-5 minutes, sometimes not even complete.

Regards.

What error is it getting? As it may be just limits that are being reached.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Have you upgraded the php mysql client after mysql was upgraded. I suggest you recompile your Php as well to accommodate the new mysql version
    Sam
    Supportlobby.com - Expertise in Windows/Linux server support, IaaS and PaaS Management
    Spiralbean.com - Custom Software Development
    Email: exec @ activelobby.net | Skype: unni_active