Directi (a.k.a. resellerclub.com) review

Directi (Directi.com) is a mixed bag. One one hand they are a great registrar, on the other hand, not so much. Let’s start with the positives.

They have a domain reseller program with no monthly or yearly fees, and, once you get to a good enough slab you are getting some of the best domain registration prices in the industry.

You can add funds in multiple different ways, whether it be PayPal to a Credit Card.

The support is great. The response times of their staff is great and your questions are usually answered completely.

Not only can you offer domains, but you get a wide array of products ranging from SSL certs, hosting, email hosting and more.

They include a website for you, so you can really just sign up for an account with them and be ready to go.

Free privacy protection which is great, especially compared to other companies such as GoDaddy that charge about the same as the domain to have privacy protection.

Completely brand your website. They allow you to upload your own images, set your own links, etc.

They run specials often, so even if you are in a lower slab, you may still be getting a price close to other ones (at least during that special)

They have a built in domain suggester. Though, sometimes it will suggest domains that are already registered.

Now for the negatives.

While their domains are remarkably cheap, you do need to get to a certain slab to get them at these prices. To get the cheapest products across the board you will need to have deposited (and/or spent) a total of $11,999. Now if you have $11,999 to deposit in your account right of the bat then no problem, but if not, you will be paying more than their lowest prices.

Here’s the real kicker though, their system has a lot of errors. I have clients email me often saying that they are getting errors when trying to login or when registering a domain. Additionally, when I try to register domains from my reseller account I get an error almost everytime. While I am always able to register the domain, I do have a bit of trouble doing so.

They have scheduled downtime more often than one would like. Now as I said, it is scheduled, so it’s not as if they go down all the time, but it is kind of annoying.

Branding the site is a bit complicated, but it’s not that bad.

They do take fees when you make a payment that charges them. So if you pay VIA PayPal or using a credit card they are going to charge you the transaction fees. However, if you pay with a credit card that has a good rewards program, you will only be paying a small amount.

The bottom line is: There are a lot of positives and that’s why I continue to use Directi’s reseller program, however, there are quite a few negatives and the errors and downtime are big turn offs. It really comes down to what matters more to you.
    TitanTutorials.com, Making Flash Tutorials Affordable Again, Always Up For Custom Jobs

How long have you been with directi?
    EZHostz.Biz (Established in 2003) a DotJunction.Com Company.
    EZHostz.Biz <-> Reseller Info Domain Name Sales, WebHosting, Email Only Hosting, & Much More.
    Providers of Directi & Enom Reseller Accounts.

I'm not positive, a few years at least though.
    TitanTutorials.com, Making Flash Tutorials Affordable Again, Always Up For Custom Jobs

You didn't mention the not-so-good control panel in the negatives.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2 View Post
    You didn't mention the not-so-good control panel in the negatives.
    Not everyone dislikes there control panel. Maybe it's not the best of the big ones, but there are much worse control panels out there.

The control panel can be a little difficult to master. I usually only see errors on pages that have been modified when the default page has been changed by Directi. It's generally easy to fix, simply go to the site manager and update all of the pages by clicking update.

Other than that, I've had trouble free service for several years.
    UD Network Solutions
    http://udns.us

Well, for me the Control panel is good.

By the way, i have many customers with them and never any of them have problems. The more near case is the maintanance window, and is not too much recurrent.
    Each registrar is a tool. Not all Tools are for the same thing

We are working together with them for years. We pay about $15000 deposit. So we can register domains with cheap prices. But we like their prices only. All of the other things are bad. For example: Their control panel useless and very complex for our customers. Most times their pages giving errors and the servers are too slow. The support response time maybe acceptable. But they cannot resolve the problems quickly.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Well my experience with RC has nothing but great,
    Where do you see slownedd and complexity in their panel? Its so easy and feature rich, Everybody needs time to understand, and once you understand you will prefer it over anything else.

I have never faced slowness with them ever, maybe your connection ^^, I manage 1000+ domains of my own in thir panel and never had a single problem

Well may be I am a lucky one never had a single problem with them since I joined them more than 4 years ago. For me their control panel had been an easy one from the beginning, support had always been fast (only support I have needed is regular tickets to billing "Add Funds"), I pay cash so no charges.

The biggest plus is having unlimited reseller chain under me.

Free API so you can use WHMCS, whoiscart or whatever billing system supports it.

All of them have got their own PLUS & MINUSES, here we have more PLUS. And that is what counts.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Well may be I am a lucky one never had a single problem with them since I joined them more than 4 years ago. For me their control panel had been an easy one from the beginning, support had always been fast (only support I have needed is regular tickets to billing "Add Funds"), I pay cash so no charges.

The biggest plus is having unlimited reseller chain under me.

Free API so you can use WHMCS, whoiscart or whatever billing system supports it.

All of them have got their own PLUS & MINUSES, here we have more PLUS. And that is what counts.
    I agree with vinsar, they offer you more for what actually you pay.

[QUOTE=vinsar;5047578]Free API so you can use WHMCS, whoiscart or whatever billing system supports it.QUOTE]

Can anyone use their API without a billing software? I think, it cannot. Because it's too complex. They don't provide an easy to use and install software.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    Can anyone use their API without a billing software? I think, it cannot. Because it's too complex. They don't provide an easy to use and install software.
    It's an API, not a software, they provide you with some integration help. Basically you just need the documentation and the rest you write yourself.

I wrote some stuff myself just for batch-processing which is easier that way than through the interface.

[QUOTE=dhcart;5047799]
    Free API so you can use WHMCS, whoiscart or whatever billing system supports it.QUOTE]

Actually they updated the API in march, and they provide kits for most platforms (such as php, asp, ect..). And it's also more robust then ever.

Directi, makes improvements constantly, both in their API and the supersite they provide.

Most talking negative about them, I bet don't use them, or haven't used them in years.
    EZHostz.Biz <-> Reseller Info Domain Name Sales, WebHosting, Email Only Hosting, & Much More.

[QUOTE=dhcart;5047799]
    Free API so you can use WHMCS, whoiscart or whatever billing system supports it.QUOTE]

Try downloading godaddy's api and install it and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    dhcart, a reply like that is not expected from someone who himself is a developer, should know what API stands for.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by ebay-nut View Post
    Try downloading godaddy's api and install it and use it.
    An API that can be downloaded and be installed isn't really an API, is it?