XO pricing Tampa/FL

Anyone have a ball park figure of what to expect $/MB? on a 100 or 200 megabit Commit From XO in the Tampa/FL market. Also other than Cogent Who else has aggressive pricing at the same commit level as above in the Tampa Market?

Quote Originally Posted by mams482 View Post
    Besides XO, I see Level 3 with capacity, AT&T, Global Crossing. All at wholesale rates. Maybe some Savvis available in Level 3's DC but (Sonet ports only)
    Which facility(ies) in Tampa are on-net with AT&T? Last I heard, we had to backhaul to Orlando to get any decent options with them.

I don't show them on-net for ATT without a loop, at least not with GE or FE.

You mean at the XO facility? Not sure what you mean by show "them" on-net. My question was in the broader sense, asking if any of the well-known colo facilities or carrier hotels in the Tampa area have been lit by AT&T. I know we can get Level3, MCI/VZ/UUnet, TWTC, SAVVIS, Global Crossing, XO, Cogent, quite easily at most local facilities. But last time I looked at AT&T, we would've had to backhaul up the I-4 corridor to Orlando to reach them. Just wondering if AT&T now has a viable presence in Tampa, other than someone's private interconnect with them.

Quote Originally Posted by bndwdthbroker View Post
    I don't show them on-net for ATT without a loop, at least not with GE or FE.
    @Ecompro ---- "On-net" is essentially saying that ATT would have their infrastructure already build out to the building you are looking at, making them "on-net"/on-site. But, in this case they are not, requiring you to also front the cost of some type of connectivity loop from the facilities you are looking at, to an on-net building for ATT.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubz31 View Post
    @Ecompro ---- "On-net" is essentially saying that ATT would have their infrastructure already build out to the building you are looking at, making them "on-net"/on-site. But, in this case they are not, requiring you to also front the cost of some type of connectivity loop from the facilities you are looking at, to an on-net building for ATT.

Hope that helps!
    Ummmm... thanks, but you're preaching to a 22 year veteran of this industry. I already said we could get AT&T, but ONLY IF we backhauled to Orlando to reach them.

THAT is why, when Marcus said he saw AT&T available, I asked if AT&T had (recently) lit any buildings in Tampa that I wasn't yet aware of.

We can get any carrier desired IF we backhaul to their POP, whether it's Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, DFW, or wherever. But I have little/no interest in doing that. What I *am* interested in is AT&T, if they have recently turned up a POP in Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecompro View Post
    You mean at the XO facility? Not sure what you mean by show "them" on-net.
    Just trying to help answer this. There's no reason to be rude in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdubz31 View Post
    Just trying to help answer this. There's no reason to be rude in return.
    Then you've misunderstood the tone of my message. Had you heard it by voice instead of printed word, you would have known differently. Honestly, I was not trying in any way to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecompro View Post
    We can get any carrier desired IF we backhaul to their POP, whether it's Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, DFW, or wherever. But I have little/no interest in doing that. What I *am* interested in is AT&T, if they have recently turned up a POP in Tampa.
    Isn't Bellsouth/ATT the ILEC in Tampa? If so I'm sure they have IP in Tampa although it will probably still be on the Bellsouth ASN.
    Tranquil Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by TQ Mark View Post
    Isn't Bellsouth/ATT the ILEC in Tampa? If so I'm sure they have IP in Tampa although it will probably still be on the Bellsouth ASN.
    Nope, Tampa Bay area is Verizon territory.

Which data center is that?

I'm glad you asked that-- wondering that myself. That address is outside the city, southeast of Orient Park, about a mile south of I-4, adjacent to 301. (thus sayeth Google maps)

Whatever facility that is, I'm not familiar with it.