Instructions Suck!

Instructions are for people who know less than you so why are they written FOR people who know more than you. Why are they incomplete or outdated? Some of us know-nothings need our hands held, after all, we are paying for it. Thanks to God and WHT or else I'd be bald.

What actually are you talking and whats the company about.

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    What actually are you talking and whats the company about.
    The little green men in the sky.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

reseller hosting
    Just one example:

Follow the process outlined below to modify any Image files in your SuperSite/PartnerSite:
    1. Login to your SuperSite or PartnerSite Admin Area. Click here to learn how >>
    2. In the Admin Area, click on the Add/Modify Content and Themes link. Then, click on Browse adjacent to the Themes folder.
    3. Click on Browse besides the Theme which you need to modify.
    4. Click on Browse link next to the Images folder.
    5. This interface lists all the images used by the SuperSite/PartnerSite.
    6. In the list, look for the name of the image you wish to modify. Click on Edit, adjacent to it.
    7. Click on Browse, and select the image you wish to upload in place of the default.
    8. Click on Upload Image. This will replace the default Image with the one you have provided, such that every page where the old image file was being displayed, would now display your uploaded image file.
    every page still displays old image. I can't find it in the css files.

may be it was happen because you are not refresh SuperSite cache? After each content modifying you usually need select Refresh Cache (i don't remember exactly but sure you will find something like Refresh) and refresh Supersite content. As i remember most of Supersite cached so if you not update cache you will see old images, text and prices.
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

Thanks rustelekom, but I've tried that each time. I emailed support because prices weren't updating (and logo), prices updated but not logo. So I don't think I did that wrong. Support can't answer a 2 question support ticket. Do you think it could be something on their end? I was hoping to find answer here before sending a support ticket.

Have you created a Default Theme first.

You are required to do that first, then modify it, then reload the cache.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Can't give you specific advice re Supersite, but about instructions, it's a real skill to be able to bridge the gap between the mind of the person who designed something and the minds of users. A good technical writer is able to both understand what's going on technically and how to explain that in terms of user tasks, not system features.

When instructions suck, to use your phrase, it's usually because the design is complex enough to require instructions, but the writer doesn't understand the design, doesn't understand how the product will be used by real people, or can't write...or any combination of these.
    Need money? Got money? Want to talk? The Money Forums
    New! Web hosting jobs!

I did exactly that.
    Created a theme, uploaded my logo, reload cache.
    When I mouse over yourbrand.gif it shows my logo.
    In the supersite admin, not at the site.
    Thanks

Have you made the created theme to be default, if yes.

Then check your site in a different browser, may be the logo is there in your browser's cache.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Yes, if you see your own logo inside SuperSite then it is probably browser caching issue.
    Rustelekom LLC Dedicated server since 2002, RIPE NCC member, LIR, AS51168

Clearing browser cache was first thing I thought of. Host has several services to resell. I really want to resell domains from them but this problem is holding me up. Thanks for all your help. I think I'll just move on.