hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : SEO / SEM Discussions : SEO scripts - is there ANYTHING useful out there?

Forum Jump

SEO scripts - is there ANYTHING useful out there?

Reply Post New Thread In SEO / SEM  Discussions Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Web Hosting Master

SEO scripts - is there ANYTHING useful out there?

Hey,
I've seen so many different types of SEO scripts "submit to 1 gazillion SE's" "Create a gazillion dorways" etc etc - but have anyone here actually seen any useful SEO scripts?

Anything that might actually improve your listing...white/grey/black hat?
We get asked all the time by clients and would like to have a few answers ready...

Ditlev

Give it a spin at www.TryOnApp.com, and see why we're behind 1 out of 3 public clouds online.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Community Liaison 2.0

I've never seen a worthwhile script of any kind, particularly submission scripts. SEO is a strategic procedure. There is no "magic" software that does it for you.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:32 AM
WHT Addict

i agree their is no magic software or script but i do use seo elite. not because it has tought me anything new but it just makes things a bit quicker for me to do. if it saves me 10 minutes per day, that is well worth it to me. but if you looking for a product that will make your site go from 1,000 to the first page, dont count on it.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eming View Post

Anything that might actually improve your listing...white/grey/black hat?
We get asked all the time by clients and would like to have a few answers ready...

Ditlev
BlackHat method surely does improve listing but for a short period of time and in a illegal way by fooling Search Engines.

When your client asks for a tool that helps them improve their search engine ranking. Simple recommend them softwares like "Web CEO" or "IBP" - these are few software which helps a webmaster find out the mistakes on their website and helps them with basic SEO'ing their website.

If they require proper SEO services, recommend them a very well known SEO Consultant who is been in the industry for a very long time or an SEO company.

There are few software which works imrove your position in SE, like "blog commenting software" and eBooks which teaches you some basic tips of SEO.

Note: There are different kind of blog commenting softwares.

1- which is illegal and lets you post automatic comments to mass amount of blogs.

2- This one is legal, one which acts like a search engine and lets you find a blog related to your niche and redirect you to the blog post and lets you read the post and post your comment, not a spam comment. Comments are written by you manually, make sure these comments does not look spammy in a way or so, post comments related to the post.

Or the best, if you are getting these queries often from client -why dont you start providing SEO services?

I'll be glad to hear from you

Last edited by Zafar Ahmed; 04-03-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
Devil's Advocate

pm sent..

owm

Old 04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Community Liaison 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
pm sent..

owm
C'mon, share with the rest of the class

Old 04-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Big fan of RajiniKanth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
May be pirated scripts. lol

Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pm View Post
It's probably ******.

There is some useful scripts and programs, but they are not a magic bullet... They simply automate tasks you would normally do manually, thus saving you time to focus on other tasks.

Take Social Bookmarking Demon for example, yes people use it in attempt to "game" the search engines by hammering out 100's of submissions a day but it's also a useful tool if you produce bookmark worthy content. Instead of spending the best part of an hour manually visiting a dozen sites and logging in then submitting your content, you can achieve the same with the tool in about 2 minutes.

Time saving tools are great, tools to rocket you to #1 overnight so you can buy a BMW tomorrow are generally snake oil that will do more harm to your SEO campaign than good.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Retired Moderator

I would say that there are no really good scripts, scripts still need to submit to search engines and link firms. The best of these are normally owned by SEO consultants. In the end you will still need to build up your back links organically or if you want to pay, hire a reputable SEO Consultant, normally these are monthly payments and can be expensive.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

I think a well-trained monkey..or today, since monkeys aren't that easily trained, a low-salary outsourced agent somewhere taught how to do SEO submissions would probably work best

Old 04-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonchuan View Post
The best of these are normally owned by SEO consultants.

There are many good SEO softwares available on the internet, these software are created normally by programmers and then sold to SEO's.

I'll be glad to hear from you

Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Web Hosting Master

He was speaking of linkfarms

Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
I think a well-trained monkey..or today, since monkeys aren't that easily trained, a low-salary outsourced agent somewhere taught how to do SEO submissions would probably work best
thats the truth

Just get in google and the rest will follow

Old 04-14-2008, 11:25 PM
WHT Addict

Do not try any softwares that advertise like "submit to 1 gazillion SE's".. Just $699

Your site might get banned for spamming. You can sort those website easily, with colourful big fonts, 2 to 3 Testimonials with photos and normally one page website.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Admin-Ahead Server Technologies Listing 2014-04-20 01:30:45
Hackers Pack More Sophistication into Simple Scripts to Attack PHP Applications Web Hosting News 2013-09-09 11:52:48
Softaculous Releases Auto Installer Version 4.1.7 Web Hosting News 2012-12-19 16:45:21
Web Host LogicWeb Launches CloudLinux-Based Web Hosting Service Web Hosting News 2012-09-26 16:54:35
NephoScale Appeals to DevOps with New Public Cloud Infrastructure Tool Web Hosting News 2012-08-16 16:16:42