Cool Hi !!! Help me select a topic

A big hello to everyone....
    I am working in a web-hosting support company.Its been just 3 months in the company.Now as part of the salary appraisal,I am supposed to present a topic related to the web-hosting industry.Could any one help me select a HOT AND HAPPENING topic in the webhosting industry ?

Thanks and warm regards.

Look up overselling, it's definitely a hot topic around here.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Customer service is everything in the hosting world. Maybe that would be a topic you could use. Use your imagination, after all it is your job you are protecting.

Try thewhir's web site that should give you a ton of subjects regarding the web hosting industry.
    Ryan Bishop
    Server Operations and Tech Support
    Newtek Web Hosting
    webservices.thesba.com

The support and maintenance topics are also worth considering.

yep...a topic regarding overselling and the future of hosting should be of interest unless it's an overselling host you're working with then they won't want to know about it.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

As long as you don't start a Overselling or Whats the future of the hosting industry thread

I'd say how about a topic about the benefits of outsourcing against the negatives and that can help show how the company you work for can effectively target their services ?
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Another big topic that comes to my mind is power consuption, what can hosting companies do in the future to keep down their power costs?
    Ryan Bishop
    Server Operations and Tech Support
    Newtek Web Hosting
    webservices.thesba.com

Anything people discuss is a "Topic". Just say in the forums and read news, wikis and posts.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

You might want to look into customer retention.

Businesses can get customers, but they really would like to keep the ones they have. If you were up to doing some research or whatever, you might want to explore what features and issues help keep customers happy and loyal.

Things like good tech support, quick response time, free features and good uptime are just a few that come to mind

Give topics on Customer Support and Overselling.

* Thanks for the response....

Hi all,
    Thanks for the responses given......I was thinking of some technical topics too.....can someone suggest some technical topics relevent to web-hosting?
    Thanks a lot.........

Software as Service SAS, that's the buzz around.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

How about the threat of Google Apps, Google Sites, Blogger and Wordpress.com etc. to the $10 per month web hosting industry?

Given that these services let you map a domain name to them for free or a few dollars (Wordpress) and produce a pretty decent web site why pay for web hosting?

Overselling is a good topic. As is a topic covering "What's the next big thing?" Nobody really knows, but it would be a very good research type of article.

I like brookie's idea, too.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

How about DDoS attacks? Nobody has suggested this topic so far and yet it is all over the news. You can find alot of resources and news on ddos attacks and ddos mitigation.

In particular you can elaborate on hosting companies offering ddos services to their clients or something related to this issue. What do you think?