Angry PRONTO HOST WARNING!

Sorry for shouting all, but I've had a HORRIBLE experience with Prontohost.

I have only had service with them for 3 days, (which I've cancelled) and in the that time, I've had nothing but hassles, and rudeness.

I had a reseller acct. with WHM, which wasn't functioning correctly, because I couldn't access any accounts I setup. When I contacted them about this, they put the blame back on me, and told me to change the password. (Which DIDN'T work, fyi)

At about the same time, I had to put in a 2nd ticket to find out if Zen Optimizer was installed, as I need it for a script I want to install. I was told:

"This is not a high priority issue and was delayed in our support system.

Please do not abuse the priority system. To verify zend optimizer is installed please check with a PHP info script.

Kevin"

ExCUSE ME? It's abuse to ask a question??

I was, and AM furious about this kind of treatment, and they never bothered to fix my previous problem, AND, refuse to give my money back.

These people are CROOKS! Stay away from them for your sanity and productivity!

Do they have any sort of money back guarantee plan at all ?

It would have been easier for him to put yes it is or no its not than "to verify....."
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

The domain is prontohost.com?

I can't see any reseller plans on their website.

To verify zend optimizer is installed please check with a PHP info script -> <?php phpinfo(); ?>
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

This is their server status page

http://prontohost.net/order/serverstatus.php

and here is the phpinfo page

http://prontohost.net/status/index.php?action=phpinfo

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost View Post
    The domain is prontohost.com?

I can't see any reseller plans on their website.

To verify zend optimizer is installed please check with a PHP info script -> <?php phpinfo(); ?>
    Reseller plans are clearly available on http://prontohost.net/services.php
    Cpanel/WHM PHP Perl Ruby Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

If you submit a question like that and put it as "emergency priority" (just an example) in their tickets system, it could be seen as abuse, as emergency would be something like server not working properly, not what is almost a "sales question".

Hello,

This customer put in a critical issue ticket, asking if zend optimizer was installed and was asked not to abuse the high priority ticket system and that zend optimizer could easily be checked with a phpinfo script.

The second ticket submitted was that the customer could not login to a domain, he had copied the password correctly but it would not let him into the system, the first step we asked was to change the password to something smaller and simpler.

The customer has asked for a refund but i will quote the ticket he sent us, this is truly appalling:

I cannot access my new domain, AND, your f*****g staff tell me not to "abuse support" by asking if Zen is installed.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK IMMEDIATELY, or I'm contacting Paypal to tell them your stuff doesn't work and you BLAME YOUR CUSTOMERS!

You can kiss my A**!
    We also received:

YOU SHOULDN'T EVEN BE IN BUSINESS IF YOU HIRE ******** THAT THINK IT'S OK TO TELL YOUR CUSTOMER THEY ARE ABUSING THE HELPDESK BY ASKING A QUESTION!

FINE - I'LL CONTACT PAYPAL, AND POST YOUR CRAPPY COMPANY ALL OVER THE INTERNET!

Oh, and I live in the US, we believe in FREE SPEECH, and when someone is as rude as your help desk person was, you'd better believe you're going to get it.

Now, I'll do everything I can to see that people know what a horrible hosting company you have.

Im sorry but we wont tolerate that from anyone.
    IT Support - Business Hosting & VOIP Solutions Scotland

I understand what your saying but could you not have told him wether zen was installed rather than telling him to check it himself ?

Although I agree that abuse should not be tolerated.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by FHH - Tim View Post
    I understand what your saying but could you not have told him wether zen was installed rather than telling him to check it himself ?

Although I agree that abuse should not be tolerated.
    Almost just as quick to run /scripts/installzendopt and say yes. However I agree no one wants that level of abuse.
    Paul Lee - Weycrest.Com Limited
    UK Shared, VPS, Reseller Hosting
    Nominet Member | Tucows Registrar | Enta Reseller | Parallels Partner

Seems as though the OP is more ticked off about being told not to abuse the system (which he DID) rather than his server not working properly.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr

Quote Originally Posted by bizgeek View Post
    Sorry for shouting all, but I've had a HORRIBLE experience with Prontohost.

I have only had service with them for 3 days, (which I've cancelled) and in the that time, I've had nothing but hassles, and rudeness.

I had a reseller acct. with WHM, which wasn't functioning correctly, because I couldn't access any accounts I setup. When I contacted them about this, they put the blame back on me, and told me to change the password. (Which DIDN'T work, fyi)

At about the same time, I had to put in a 2nd ticket to find out if Zen Optimizer was installed, as I need it for a script I want to install. I was told:

"This is not a high priority issue and was delayed in our support system.

Please do not abuse the priority system. To verify zend optimizer is installed please check with a PHP info script.

Kevin"

I was, and AM furious about this kind of treatment, and they never bothered to fix my previous problem, AND, refuse to give my money back.

These people are CROOKS! Stay away from them for your sanity and productivity!
    Sorry BizGeek, but if you mark a question about Zend Optimizer being installed as an "emergency/critical/high" priority question, it is perceived as abuse of the system in general. Anyone who knows about ZO, knows that it can be easily checked for using a simple PHP file with nothing more than
    PHP Code:
    <?php phpinfo(); ?>
    BTW, your attitude, as shown by the tickets posted by PH themselves, leaves much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by eclouds View Post
    Seems as though the OP is more ticked off about being told not to abuse the system (which he DID) rather than his server not working properly.
    I agree. Seems like one of those people who also expect 24/7/365 support, 1TB of space, and 15000TB of bandwidth for $4 per month

Well if asking a question that would have been EASILY answered is MY problem, then I'm GLAD I'm getting a dedicated! I would NEVER treat anyone the way they treated me, and they OBVIOUSLY didn't "quote" me correctly.

Best wishes, and I would think that customer service should be the REAL issue here, not to mention that I'm a SHE, lol!

Well if asking a question that would have been EASILY answered is MY problem, then I'm GLAD I'm getting a dedicated! I would NEVER treat anyone the way they treated me, and they OBVIOUSLY didn't "quote" me correctly.

Best wishes, and I would think that customer service should be the REAL issue here, not to mention that I'm a SHE, lol!
    I see nothing wrong with the response the Customer service member gave you. Your lucky I didn't receive that ticket because I would of just ignored it if I was begin spoken to in that manner.

Regardless of your gender, you were an ******* Hopefully your "dedicated" host is tolerant of your attitude as well

hmmm....

I dont see why the question was just not Answered in the support area but at the same time I think the customer may have stepped over the line of abuse.

I dont see why the question was just not Answered in the support area
    A child is not rewarded when doing bad things. Same thing here.