hostecon disappeared with my money?

i know that one or more of the people who work for hostecon post here

i just want to say i am very upset right now

hostecon was a decent host - but i decided to end my offshore site

i had prepaid for another 4 months before i told them i was cancelling my account and wanted my prepaid money back

they told me they would cancel my account on the 1st of april and give me my money back

it is now april 2nd, hostecon.com seems to have vanished, and i have not received any money from them.

if you work for hostecon or know how i can contact them then help me get this sorted right away. hostecon support has always been great, but i just dont need their services anymore and want my prepaid money back.

It appears that the nameservers listed for hostecon.com is not returning any results.

http://www.intodns.com/hostecon.com

I don't really want to speculate on this, hopefully somebody from Hostecon will respond.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Wow. Sorry to hear of your dismay. Looks like they took your few bucks and hopped on the next plane to Costa Rica..

Well all actuality, I am sure they probally didnt make it that far. Who knows, you may of been one of there only clients? Stay far away from small washed out ops. Not saying I know them. Just advise against settling for the first cheap guy I find. I rather pay more to at least receive quality.

There is alot of good options for hosts. Seek and ye shall find. Maybe you can score a refund. How did you pay? Was it like PayPal or some sort of vendor that processes CC's?
    Jason Jersey, C.E.O.
    Optic Burst Communications Group, Inc.
    Cloud Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by OpticBurst View Post
    Wow. Sorry to hear of your dismay. Looks like they took your few bucks and hopped on the next plane to Costa Rica..

Well all actuality, I am sure they probally didnt make it that far. Who knows, you may of been one of there only clients? Stay far away from small washed out ops. Not saying I know them. Just advise against settling for the first cheap guy I find. I rather pay more to at least receive quality.

There is alot of good options for hosts. Seek and ye shall find. Maybe you can score a refund. How did you pay? Was it like PayPal or some sort of vendor that processes CC's?
    it was paypal.

are you trying to say they took off with my money and i won't be getting it back?

i don't understand why this is happening....i have had no problems with this company before. their support was good, quick, and they were always nice.

hostecon / layerweb are the same people, correct? well the layerweb website still works, and they use the exact same support ticket system (cooincidentally no phone # on the layerweb site either). should i try making a ticket there?

i have kept ALL receipts from paypal payments i have made.

the persons email address attached to the paypal account which the payments were sent to is "[email protected]‏", i have censored the last digits for this persons privacy (for now). i also have a copy of the support ticket in my email where they say they will be refunding my money and closing my site on april the 1st. how can someone get away with this when it is ILLEGAL to rip people off like this?

i have read in another thread that sam is a representative on these forums for HE/LW....if he does not get back to me soon i do not know what i am going to do

I would reply on that other site for help. If no go, contact PayPal and see if there is any disputes policies this may fall into.

you may get more help from PayPal, but advise benefit of doubt by contacting layerweb first.
    Jason Jersey, C.E.O.
    Optic Burst Communications Group, Inc.
    Cloud Web Hosting