Anyone using momentum.com?

I don't see any posts on momentum.com here---is anyone using them?

They sound good on the phone, but my spidey sense started to tingle when I did a google blog search on their name. (Sorry, apparently I haven't posted enough to use a link.)

Someone with limited acquaintance with English has obviously spent a lot of time posting fake entries to bogus blogs to increase their search engine traffic.

I dunno---what I should make of that....?

Thanks,

-Mike

As far as I understaqnd they are Canadian company. OI personaly never heard of them. They to google their domain name also. Maybe canadian web hosting related forums or forum with their service provider will help you greately.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebridge View Post
    I don't see any posts on momentum.com here---is anyone using them?

They sound good on the phone, but my spidey sense started to tingle when I did a google blog search on their name. (Sorry, apparently I haven't posted enough to use a link.)

Someone with limited acquaintance with English has obviously spent a lot of time posting fake entries to bogus blogs to increase their search engine traffic.

I dunno---what I should make of that....?

Thanks,

-Mike
    Absolutely nothing to be concerned about except I believe they are outside of the typical WHT cost range. They are a very large organization that caters to Fortune 500 type customers. They typically do not do the type of work that people look for here at WHT but I was surprised that they did hosting at all for the public. My understanding is that they do it for their custom development clients.

If you look at their client listing http://www.momentum.com/WWA_ClientsByIndustry.html and consider that their typical engagements are 250k+ you will understand what I mean. They do good work but are enterprise type vendors. If you need a contact let me know and I can give you one as I talk to them weekly.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Coolraul, that was true some months ago, but they recently launched Ultra Hosting (in february I think) and are starting to get into the SMB market. It is a new competitor for us on the SMB market that we are watching closely. I am surprised by their strategy to get into the SMB market since I did not expect it, I was comparing them more to Fusepoint or Q9. It looks like they have a team that knows the market and they seem to be putting a lot of efforts in getting into the WHT/SMB market. In fact, I think I saw Ultra Hosting ads here on WHT.
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile

Ah I see. I am surprised by it as well. They absolutely were more in the Q9 / Fusepoint market. I host with Fusepoint and Momentum has done work for us. What I am surprised about is that IWeb hasn't really moved into that market. I visited your DC last year or the year before for some enterprise hosting and was impressed.
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Ah I see. I am surprised by it as well. They absolutely were more in the Q9 / Fusepoint market. I host with Fusepoint and Momentum has done work for us. What I am surprised about is that IWeb hasn't really moved into that market. I visited your DC last year or the year before for some enterprise hosting and was impressed.
    We are in fact moving into that market. Our latest datacenter at Île des Soeurs is built with the Enterprise market in mind and we have a new Business Services Director working on it.
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile

Promoting ISPs via Fake Blog Entries

I asked the Momentum salesperson today why there are about 30 fake blog entries pretending to be from satisfied customers using their service. His only defense was that "everybody does it".

Unless there is something I'm missing here, posting fake personal recommendations to promote your company is dishonest, and I can't see how you could possibly say it's "nothing to be concerned about". To me, saying it is a common industry practice does nothing to justify it morally.

Can anyone give me a reason why this is any less repugnant than email spam?

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Absolutely nothing to be concerned about except I believe they are outside of the typical WHT cost range.

I wasn't aware that they confirmed it to you that it was fake. I can only say that my dealings with them were very positive and they have done some very good work for us. This was hundreds of thousands of dollars and they were worth every penny. Someone should beat whoever posted fake blog stories what was the name of the salesperson just give me his first name to see if it is mine.
    Linovus Holdings Inc