Stay away from Hostdime

There are many other MUCH better options out there.

The shared server I am on runs out of disk space every day and their support says they are still "deciding" what to do about it.

This has been going on for 2 weeks now and they still can;t "decide" what to do about the disks filling up.

How many people does it take to decide to add a hard drive to the server?

I have also had way more downtime than I have had with my other ISP's like HostGator or Lunapages.

Stay away from Hostdime!

-Darin

Darin,

I apologize for any issues you have encountered. If you don't mind telling me a ticket I will review it and make sure you are compensated for the issues you have seen. I will also review if and why no action was taken. We are putting over 3TB raid arrays on our newest servers so it is possible something is wrong here.

Thanks for responding. I appreciate your concern.

The main issue isn't how much server storage your adding as a whole. The main issue is how mush server space is on the server I am on. So if you add 3TB to other servers, that does me no good.

Here's the last response I got from your tech support:
    Darin,

The server has been scheduled for a restore for this Friday. You can read more about it at : (I can't post links yet but you can check the support ticket.)forums - dot - hostdime.com / showthread.php ? p=35456#post35456

We cleared up enough space to last for another couple of days until the restore begins.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused; the good news is, that everything is getting taken care of, and the machine will receive a massive upgrade.

Thanks,

Daniel Selans
    Senior System Administrator
    HostDime.com, Inc.
    (+1)-407-756-1126
    Orlando, FL 32801

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: HMV-898838
    Department: DimeNoc Sys. Admins
    Priority: Default

So it looks like they are going to upgrade to a new server. So why did it take so long to decide? They just assumed they cleared off enough space the first time, but what about the second time, or the third time, or the fourth time the disks filled up in a matter of days. Isn't that a clue that their estimates were way off?

I sure hope the upgrade goes smoothly. My site relies on the SSL and a fixed IP. I hope that will not be affected. Oh well... people will definitely hear from me if there's problems.

-Darin

Quote Originally Posted by darinf View Post
    The main issue isn't how much server storage your adding as a whole. The main issue is how mush server space is on the server I am on. So if you add 3TB to other servers, that does me no good.
    Yes I totally understand, I only mentioned that assuming you were on one of our newest servers but most likely looking at the age of your account you are not. Let me review the ticket and I will get back to you shortly

Darin,

After some research it appears they were in the process of moving a user on the server which was using over 100GB space on the server to one of our newest servers who has ample space. So the clear up of small space was just temp meanwhile they moved the user. We usually do this in an effort to avoid a server restore to a new system which would result in some downtime. However at this point it appears it is best to just upgrade the whole system and get it over with. Which is what Dan had said in his last reply.

I apologize you were not properly communicated over this, I have credited your account 2 months free for the inconveniences and I will also personally watch over so your SSL and IP works after the restore is completed.

HostDime looks like pretty good support when viewing this thread at a first glance.

Nice work.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Yep, really nice to see that hostdime takes care of unhappy customers on WHT so fast.
    Hosting Heaven
    http://www.hostingheaven.com

"When you want the best!"

They only do it for people write to community, not the normal customers :@