Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 102
  1. #1

    Very dissapointed with HostGator :(

    I am from Romania and after reading many good reviews about hostgator I finally decided to buy a Baby account to host my rpg browser based game and all my domains.
    Purchased the plan and in about 20min while setting up the game my hosting account got suspended. They told me they need id/credit card scans and that I need to call them in order to "setup my account" even if the setup was auto and instant. I can't make intl. calls from my mobile and I dont have a land line so I told them to call me if they care about their customers. I've sent the info requested and everything still no news from them even if im using their ticket system.

    What made me nervous is their offensive ways of doing business, why suspend my account before even trying to make contact with me and verify my details?(i understand Romania has a fraud flag).
    I was in the middle of something and I didnt pay 100 bucks to have my time wasted by their staff. They are still not answering and gave them an ultimatum, if they dont restore my account in 1h I want my money back.
    Its unacceptable to get an account suspended within 20 mins from registration without trying to contact the buyer first.
    Sorry for my bad english..still no replies from them..which is exactly the reason i choosed hostgator, good reviews about their customer support

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by rid90210 View Post
    I am from Romania and after reading many good reviews about hostgator I finally decided to buy a Baby account to host my rpg browser based game and all my domains.
    From HG's TOS:

    Quote Originally Posted by HostGator TOS
    Examples of unacceptable material on all Shared and Reseller servers include:

    IRC Bots, Proxy Scripts / Anonymizers, Pirated Software / Warez, image, filedump, mirror, or banner-ad services (similar to rapidshare, photobucket, or commercial banner ad rotation), topsites, commercial audio streaming (more than one or two streams), Escrow, High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or related sites, Investment sites (FOREX, egold exchange), sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s), AutoSurf sites, Bank Debentures, Bank Debenture Trading Programs, Prime Banks Programs, lottery sites, muds / rpg's, hate sites, hacker focused sites/archives/programs, or sites promoting illegal activities, IP Scanners, Brute Force Programs, Mail Bombers and Spam Scripts. Forums and or websites that distribute or link to warez content are prohibited.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robertson View Post
    From HG's TOS:
    Sent 2 tickets before buying from them and explained how is my php script workking and even gave them an online example and they said there are no problems and if I dont reach the cpu limit speed they will not suspend my account.
    This answer came from 2 different persons working at hostgator.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    563
    I'm not sure why they would activate your account and then suspend you, seems a bit unethical to me.

    Is the credit card issued to you using the same name and address that you used to sign up for the hosting account? Romania is flagged as high risk for fraud, but if everything matched up correctly with billing, account, and ip/location details, i'm not sure why they'd suspend you.
    eLief - Where your business matters.
    cPanel Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Magento Specialists
    Celebrating over 4 years of providing quality hosting.
    cPanel/WHM - LiteSpeed - CloudFlare - R1Soft Backups - 15k Cheetah's - 24x7 Support eLief.com

  5. #5
    Yes everything is matching and as I said I even talked to their staff 1-2 days before buying the hosting to be sure I wont have any surprises.
    Again, I understand Romania has a very bad rep. and its their right to ask for scans of id/card etc, whats bother me is they have suspended me before even attempting to find out if im legit or not. And lying that they need the info and phone callsfrom me to setup my account bothers me too, my account was already setup

  6. #6
    noroc It's better to get your money back as soon as possible. There are plenty of offers on this forum and I'm sure you will find something suitable for you and your script

  7. #7
    Salut Yes few minutes and my ultimatum expires, I will get my money back and move to another shared account.
    Which companies would you recommend guys? I need it with unlimited addon domains and I will have a browser based game installed thats it. $10/month max i'd give
    Regards!

  8. #8
    Browser base game? Which one?

  9. #9
    Mafia type game.
    I have completed a cancellation form.
    Another funny fact, ive been online with their live support 1min ago and told the staff I want to terminate the account because ive been disappointed.
    The customer support guy didnt want to know what are my reasons or any feedback from me, he just said "ok" and gave me the link Made me laugh.Ussually they insist on finding out what happened and they give discounts, this was the best and fast account cancellation ive had so far!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CA/TX USA
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by rid90210 View Post
    why suspend my account before even trying to make contact with me and verify my details?
    Yes, I agree if there is no real threat of illegal activities that it would be more polite and customer-centric to contact you and let you know what the problem is rather than hit the "suspend" button. Of course, we're only hearing one side of the story so it is hard to be unbiased. I hope HG will respond to this thread.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

  11. #11
    well what im saying is the truth and if im laying they can prove that if they really watch this forum(if i understood well). I have all the emails from them where they say my rpg based game is ok for their servers and, anyways, they suspended my account very fast before the game was even functional so the game cant be their excuse.If i knew more english i could give more details
    So guys, which hosting do you recommend please? I really want to have my game up today.
    Thanks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    563
    Do you already have a user base for this game? It's going to be tough to find a reliable host to give you a ton of resources for $10/month as browser based games can really take up a lot of CPU usage.

    If your just starting out, just do some research around these forums and i'm sure you'll find a host that catches your eye. If you already do have a steady userbase, I might suggest looking into getting a VPS.
    eLief - Where your business matters.
    cPanel Hosting - Reseller Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers - Magento Specialists
    Celebrating over 4 years of providing quality hosting.
    cPanel/WHM - LiteSpeed - CloudFlare - R1Soft Backups - 15k Cheetah's - 24x7 Support eLief.com

  13. #13
    Well I think your best bet is to look around WHT and try a host out, worse case scenario they say its not suitable for shared hosting and you get your money back and either try another one or get a vps or better yet a dedicated.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    HostGator does watch this forum; Brent Oxley himself posts as the user hostgator.com. If you PM him, he may be able to help you faster than a thread like this could.

    As for another host, are you looking for something with about the same specs as HostGator?
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    11,868
    What are your needs in space and bandwidth, and what's your budget?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

  16. #16
    1st of all this forum is awsome, so many replies in a short time..wish hostgator staff was so responsive still no news from them.
    I dont have a user base for this game yet so a shared account is more than enough, i was thinking to upgrade to dedicated if i was lucky enough. The game is made of html and php files(no flashy templates etc) so i dont think it will require alot of resources in terms of cpu usage, at least until i hit 1k members playing online at the same time.
    Thank you for your imputs i really love this forum now and im sure ill check it often from now on.
    I will try to contact Brent Oxley but don't know what for anymore, I've already cancelled my account and requested my money back..
    What made me choose hostgator over bluehost was bluehosts footer not being updated " 2003-2007 " i was wrong.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    Oh, if you don't mind my saying, that is a very silly reason for not choosing a host. That is just a copyright notice, so if the design of the site, or the text on it, has not been changed recently, that is why it still says 2007.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

  18. #18
    Yes i know but thats the only reason i could find to eliminate one of them and i was afraid that customer support will be slow too if they are slow to update their home page.
    I have sent a pm to hostgator.com user here on the forum im curious to find out what are their reasons for my suspension, if any.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,333
    I'm sorry we don't allow rpg games as this is against our tos. The reason we don't allow them is that they almost 100% of the time cause high server loads and other problems.

    If you wish to get a dedicated server we would be happy to host this for you, but in a shared environment I'm afraid we cannot.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    I'm sorry we don't allow rpg games as this is against our tos. The reason we don't allow them is that they almost 100% of the time cause high server loads and other problems.

    If you wish to get a dedicated server we would be happy to host this for you, but in a shared environment I'm afraid we cannot.
    Thanks for your promptitude. Here one of the emails from HG support:

    Add [email protected] to Contacts list
    Delete this message
    Report phishing
    Show original
    Message text garbled?
    "[email protected]" to me
    show details Apr 1 (1 day ago)


    Hello,


    As long as this does not cause a problem with our servers we can host the content. If we begin to see excessive requests or CPU usage based on this server being hosted on our servers we may be forced to disable or suspend it. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks.




    Sincerely,
    Ford Merrill
    Systems Administrator Supervisor
    HostGator.com LLC


    Your rating will determine what I get paid. Please rate this response at the url below:

    https://tickets.hostgator.com/rateticket/6705656/171
    Also, I got suspended like 10 minutes after the php script I am talking about was uploaded on your servers and I dont think there was humanly possible to check it out by one of HG employee to determine it was a game or filtred by some device you have.
    Nobody visited the page except me and the game didnt used any cpu not even %0,01.
    I dont know how you determined so fast its not allowed when your staff checked it before and told me its ok to use it.
    I now believe that I simply got suspended because Im from Romania and you wanted further verification.Suspending me was a bad ideea tho.. now i have to point back all my domains to my romanian hosting and I have to pay a $50 fee to have a new game license for another domain name.
    At least, I hope you'll refund the money in fashion time so I can move on from this bad experience.
    Still no news from ticket support.
    Thank you.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    The problem rid90210 is that nothing any Hostgator employee says is going to override the Terms of Service. When it comes down to it the Terms of Service is what rules.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

  22. #22
    Ok, and is my fault their customer support staff is not trained and misslead me ?
    Made me waste time/money and even more time now to get the money back? Who's responsible? ofcourse nobody.
    All I wanted was a logical explanation why my account got suspended without apparent reasons and they have failed at this so far.
    Also wanted to inform users about this and persuade HG to give better cs in the future.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,333
    If your rpg didn't cause a problem it would be fine but like I said in almost 100% cases they cause issues so I would not recommend our hosting for this type of site.

  24. #24
    Ok, thanks for evading my questions. I know theres nothing you can do, no worries.
    Just tell me when I will get refunded and if you can speed up the process for me (as a consolation), I dont want to wait weeks.
    Thanks
    (again, this game was not even working and is not the reason for the suspension. I know you can afford to suspend users without real reasons, you're a big c.)
    A browser based game is a free text-based online browser game btw.
    Last edited by rid90210; 04-02-2008 at 03:26 PM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,333
    We required verification before activated account which is why you were refunded and disabled 30 minutes after signing up. What's your ticket number with us? I could look it up to verify this.

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    We required verification before activated account which is why you were refunded and disabled 30 minutes after signing up. What's your ticket number with us? I could look it up to verify this.

    Looks like im the only one in this populated forum that required verification followed by a suspension without notice
    Next time, if someone requires verification just dont activate his account for 20min just to suspend it afterwards.
    And man, that 'verification' was indeed a detailed and long one, I have sent scanned id/card etc and hours after still no news. Its funny ive got to talk to a representative thru a forum where rep must be defended and not thru a ticket.
    Here is my ticket QJL-2549336 and PLEASE in your next reply tell me how long a refund takes.

    For who wanted to know, Ive found hostmonster.com and they looked at the game like hg did and said a text based game is more than ok.
    Thanks.

  27. #27
    Apparently two things happened at the same time rid90210, your payment was flagged and your script also consumed more resources than allowed. at first your account was automatically created but then got suspended by billing, for fraud flagging, not because of the script. When you spoke you customer care they may have given you general answers since most of the time the problems(or their reasons, rather) are same. They may not have specifically looked at your account/case and provided information, that too because there were two problems. I hope am able to describe my view. Just an observation though

    Meanwhile, I am surprised at the admins of hostmonster.com - i wanted to take a look at their domains whois but it seems messed up. A look at whois for their nameservers yields more than 50 records (our script aborts more than that). It seems a misconfiguration (wrong ending '.') to me but Can someone tell me something I don't know about nameserver/whois records etc?

    Regds
    IJ

  28. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by swexpert View Post
    and your script also consumed more resources than allowed.
    Again, all I did was uploading the script. Dont tell me uploading 6MB of .php and .html files will exceed the cpu usage limits
    No point talking about this anymore, they didnt even bother to email me. I will update as soon as i have news from them and they have returned my money.
    Thanks!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,333
    Your account was suspended until you could verify the order. The reason we needed you to verify was because the distance to billing was high, your domain was registered by proxy, and you paid for a year in advance. We had no idea your site was a rpg when you placed your order.

    Your order was voided and you were never an official customer since the account wasn't verified. This means the cc charge was voided before we collected the funds.


    RPG games are against our TOS because they almost always crash the server they are on. This is why I was saying we aren't the right host for you. I didn't want you to waste your time verifying the account to only be suspended later on if and when you overload the server. There's a very good chance hostmonster will suspend your site as soon as your rpg gets some traffic to it.

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    Your account was suspended until you could verify the order.
    What do you mean by verifying my order? I did what you have asked and nobody emailed me anymore.

    Your distance to billing was high,
    My distance to billing is the same between you and your computer. My ISP is from another city that is like 200 miles away, is that high in your opinion? (anyways, i dont think you'd suspend accounts because of a 200 miles distance, could be someone that is ordering from his work place ..just to give an example).
    Guess you want me to live in a box and live my life there so everything can be "close" to me in order to be approved at HG.

    your domain was registered by proxy, and you paid for a year in advance.
    My domain is registered with godaddy and paid for it to be private, if you take a look into my HG suspended account you will see I have stored several domains name registered under my name, including .ro tlds.
    Whats your point if a paid a year in advance? is that a reason to suspend accounts?

    This is why your account was suspended we had no idea you were a rpg when you placed your order.
    Nobody answered my emails whole day yet your staff was able to jump into my account and verify that I have uploaded a game there? in 20min since acc creation? Guess you have the resources to verify each newly created accounts and what its uploaded on them in the first hours until the customer gets "verified"? I dont buy it.
    You had no ideea I was a rpg when I ordered yet 2 different staff from HG told me its ok what I want to host and even took a look over the script.

    Since you never verified your order was voided and you were never an official customers.
    This means the cc charge was voided before we collected the funds as well.
    What do you mean by "never verified your order" ? As Ive said I have sent the scanned info and emailed HG to call me so they can 'verify' the order since I cant call.
    I was never an official customer and will never be, thanks God.
    If the cc charge was voided why there are $95 missing from my online bank account? (maybe im wrong and this is normal until banks clarify things, dunno).
    Maybe you want access to my online bank acc. to verify me?

    RPG games are against our TOS because they almost always crash the server they are on.
    I dont want to get into details about RPG because you clearly think rpgs are cpu eaters by default which is not the case, this is a text based game and probably the staff that checked the game understood that and thats why he said its allowed.

    This is why I was saying we aren't the right host for you. I didn't want you to waste your time verifying the account to only be suspended later on if and when you overload the server.
    You didn't want to waste my time by alowing me to use your hosting just to get suspended later? Gosh thanks because you care about my money, thats why right now as we are speaking another staff is telling me to resend the scanned id/credit card again. Guess you should tell them too to stop wasting their time.

    My conclusion? You wrote a nice reply while topic was drawning to an end so other people could think " another frustrated customer that got server and he was complaining for nothing in his stupidity".

    Do yourself a good and stop replying, let this topic die.
    The facts are there, Ive got suspended after 20min from creation (someone was doing his job in manually veryfing orders) and nobody bothered to help me or even answer to my tickets whole day.I was left with the eyes in the sun, as we are saying here.

    Im bored to death and I dont want to talk about this anymore, close the topic please. useless.
    Last edited by rid90210; 04-02-2008 at 06:11 PM.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CA/TX USA
    Posts
    959
    In today's market, $10 buys quite a bit, but you still have to be a good citizen when it comes to CPU/RAM with any host, so don't fall for any deal that sounds too good to be true. An honest host will work with you, but will also be upfront about resource usage.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

  32. #32
    well thats a good advice, quality over quantity
    Anyways, more lies from hostgator.
    A am talking with someone that actually has a shared account with them and is running the same game and it has been doing it for a while now. Guess my lil game is not so dangerous now anymore. If anyone interested or if you think i might lie I can provide the link.
    Lies and more lies when you dig deeper.
    and then you think all they wanted to do is protect me from wasting money on something it would get suspended later on..

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    Quote Originally Posted by rid90210 View Post
    well thats a good advice, quality over quantity
    Anyways, more lies from hostgator.
    A am talking with someone that actually has a shared account with them and is running the same game and it has been doing it for a while now. Guess my lil game is not so dangerous now anymore. If anyone interested or if you think i might lie I can provide the link.
    Lies and more lies when you dig deeper.
    and then you think all they wanted to do is protect me from wasting money on something it would get suspended later on..

    Well from what I read you were not suspended due to the game but was suspended due to needing to verify account information. You could probably run such a game on shared hosting but once you got more than a few users you would be likely to get suspended. And that's great if your friend is able to run the game and violate the ToS and not get caught... It's only a matter of time.

    All in all I would say you should probably just drop this thread and move on, you're not going to accomplish anything more than you already have.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

  34. #34
    Yes you are right about moving on but if you read hostgator.com's previous posts might make sense my comment.
    That person is not my friend just someone from that games forum.
    And I was not suspended because I have failed their verification (since I have complied with all their terms) but because I am from Romania and they were afraid of fraud or something and prefered to click the suspend instead of contacting and verifying me.
    They just saw country:romania and pushed the suspend buton, "shoot now and ask questions later". even so they failed to reply to my emails after sending out what they have requested.
    now thats customer service!
    This is how I've got suspended not because i didnt provide ids and copies but because someone overzealous prefered to suspend me after 20mins and not reply to me emails anymore after seeing im from thieves' country.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by rid90210 View Post
    Yes you are right about moving on but if you read hostgator.com's previous posts might make sense my comment.
    That person is not my friend just someone from that games forum.
    And I was not suspended because I have failed their verification (since I have complied with all their terms) but because I am from Romania and they were afraid of fraud or something and prefered to click the suspend instead of contacting and verifying me.
    They just saw country:romania and pushed the suspend buton, "shoot now and ask questions later". even so they failed to reply to my emails after sending out what they have requested.
    now thats customer service!
    This is how I've got suspended not because i didnt provide ids and copies but because someone overzealous prefered to suspend me after 20mins and not reply to me emails anymore after seeing im from thieves' country.
    There are many things I think you do not understand here. Lets take this from a webhosts perspective. I understand you're frustrated and you have every right to be.

    1. You registered from a fraud flagged country.
    2. Hundreds of spammers register from fraud flagged countries.
    3. As soon as these spammer's accounts get activated, they send out mass amounts of spam either
    a) crashing the server
    and/or
    b) causing the server's IP address to be blacklisted
    4. Hostgator and many many other hosts want to avoid fraud
    5. Hostgator decided it would be easier to verify people by requesting them to call or scan in information which may take some time for any host to process
    ~Fine~
    Part 2.
    1. RPG take up lots of resources
    2. Hostgator's TOS over rides what any employee may say because TOS are legal binding contracts
    3. A employee misspoke
    4. RPG games can take down a server and the 100-250 people on that server, that's bad
    5. Shared servers usually can't handle much of any gaming, neither can most any other shared host, good luck with hostmonster, I think you'll be suspended sooner that you think.


    Therefore, hosts need to take measures to protect themselves and their servers against fraud, you did nothing wrong, make sure you actually read the TOS before signing up (I know, it can be hard). And finally, it's not fair to ask a mod to close a thread when the company you are bashing hasn't had a chance to counter your claims or try to resolve the issue.

    Thanks for reading.
    I'm currently hosting with: hostgator

  36. #36
    I just told what happened based on my experience and this might help people from little countries.
    I am sure hg provides great services to people that have written US on their IDs. Considered posting here because Ive read many good reviews about them here and helped me with my decision.
    But nothing will change the fact that they treated me very bad from the start.
    Ive got suspended in 20min, I have provided the info they requested and they've ignored me the whole day even if there are so many people working nonstop.
    This was my experience and they've failed to give an explication.
    I have read the tos before buying that is why I have contacted them 2 times and made sure my game is accepted.
    Topic should be closed because they cant defend, this is the 3rd page they already. They should just say go away, our tos allows us to do anything we want and i would appreciate the honesty. Telling me more bs about how they care about my money and how they didnt want to verify my info because my game would have made my account get suspended in the end made me mad but its all gone now.
    Cheers and let the topic die, good job posting on this forum it is a great webspace

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    61
    Blame the customer seems to be the motto of hostgator and its fans.
    The customer should have done their homework. The customer should be the expert on webhosting. The customer should have read the TOS with all its legalese verbage. Hostgator's customer service is impeccable.
    While I agree with the fraud guard in their TOS, Hostgator's systems should have detected it up from the start and informed him right away.
    It is as if the customer's time and effort is useless, and all that matters is that hostgator do their work whenever they feel like it after their employees read their TOS and then blame the customer afterwards.
    Last edited by como1; 04-02-2008 at 11:28 PM.

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Lakeport CA, Clear Lake
    Posts
    1,856

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by como1 View Post
    Blame the customer seems to be the motto of hostgator and its fans.
    The customer should have done their homework. The customer should be the expert on webhosting. The customer should have read the TOS with all its legalese verbage. Hostgator's customer service is impeccable.
    While I agree with the fraud guard in their TOS, Hostgator's systems should have detected it up from the start and informed him right away.
    It is as if the customer's time and effort is useless, and all that matters is that hostgator do their work whenever they feel like it after their employees read their TOS and then blame the customer afterwards.
    That pretty much sums it up from my viewpoint. Everyone keeps harping about the high fraud rate from his country but they must not have thoroughly read his posts. His complains appear legitimate to me but like you say, you can't disagree with HG, they are always right.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    1,333
    Does anyone hear have a fraud system that is 100% full proof without human eyes looking at an order?

    We let all orders go through and then human eyes take a look at them shortly after the order goes through. If the order looks suspicious they give a call. If they can't reach the owner the order is voided until verification takes place via phone or an id is submitted. About 20% of our orders endup being fraud AFTER wrongly tagged accounts are verified.

    That means we process between 100 and 150 fraud accounts every single day. We will require some high risk orders to verify their account with us. Sure we lose some sales from people not wanting take a minute or two to verify, but it beats losing the ability to take visa / master card.

    If you have a way to block only fraud orders without any false positives why don't you sell your system? You would become a billionaire overnight from this type of program.

    Billions are lost every year due to online fraud. The bigger the company you are the more fraud you're going to deal with.

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    If they can't reach the owner the order is voided until verification takes place via phone or an id is submitted. About 20% of our orders endup being fraud AFTER wrongly tagged accounts are verified.
    Yet you fail again, I am not interested in how your system works and dont need to hear the usual yada yada about big companies.
    Dont you understand HG DIDNT contact me and didnt try to verify me? They didnt call me they didnt answer my emails, they did nothing to reach me. Is that hard to understand? Im not bashing your hosting services, i bet they are super ok, like many hosting providers out there. Im just bashing the customer support who totally ignored me and made me feel like a bug. And you can do nothing to change this, ive been put on the ignore list, probably because of my country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •