Shoutcast problems

I recently purchased a new server from fdc servers, I was expecting they would set it up and give me the details so it was ready to use. Unfortunatly they didnt so I just sort of guessed my way through the whm setup.

I installed shoutcast using cast control panel on an account and opened the ports in csf.

The address of the shoutcast is done via IP as there is no domain name associated with the server.

However for some reason, since the new server has been made for shoutcast, I have had a few problems.

Such as, our listener average was about 350 and now we struggle to get 200, our stats frequently are blank until you refresh it several times.

What bitrate are you streaming at? Do you have access to any bandwidth graphs? Could you check to make sure you're not topping out your cap? You might want to look into installing iftop to view your live bandwidth usage.

iftop: http://www.ex-parrot.com/pdw/iftop/

This does quite seem like a bandwidth problem - as suggested, install some bandwidth monitoring software.

As well as the bitrate you are streaming at, what uplink/connection have you been provided? Also check your system load, maybe there is a process chewing up resources.
    Cast-Control
    --------------
    Shoutcast Control Panel - Standalone - Billing Features - GeoIP Features - Stream Authentication - MSN Control - Cluster - Reselling - Video Streaming
    Managed VPS Hosting

Well this is the FDC 100mbps unmetered plan,

we are using 400 listener max at 64kbps.On our other server 100mbps port speed was enough for 300 at teh same bitrate, this is a new set up so we couldnt be topping it that quickly can we?

if it is 100mbps shared you may not max your link but if you combine your max with someone elses max then you max out the link
    NOT a webhost!helping here just for the fun of it!
    G(r)eek inside.

Not shared, 100mbps unmetered burstable dedicated server

You could install iftop or any graphical management (mrtg,cacti etc) to see if you are running at 100 mbits/s.
    If your server has acontrol panel it might give you this information without installing anything,
    NOT a webhost!helping here just for the fun of it!
    G(r)eek inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinovich View Post
    We are using 400 listener max at 64kbps.

400 * 64 = 25600Kilobits / 1024 = 25Mbps
    You should be nowhere near your limit.

You say your stats are frequently blank as well, are you sure this is not a load issue? Check your resource usage (CPU, Memory, Disk).

If you lodge a support ticket over at our site we will take a quick look and advise you on what to do next.
    Cast-Control
    --------------
    Shoutcast Control Panel - Standalone - Billing Features - GeoIP Features - Stream Authentication - MSN Control - Cluster - Reselling - Video Streaming
    Managed VPS Hosting