Modernbill has changed my unlimited license to a limited to 1000 domains!?

Hello, I have a leased license of Modernbill 4 (with support for unlimited domains) but when I entered in the new intranet of modernbill.com I saw that!

ModernBill Recurring - 1,000 Client License

In addition, they have eliminated the possibility of changing this license to Modernbill 5!

Welcome to the hell that is now modernbill. Getting support from them will be fun, given the recent buyout.

Maybe it's time to start looking for alternatives.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Didn't Parallels.com just buyout Modernbill??

Cool
    Professional Plesk Webhosting.
    No overselling.
    Always available for you.
    http://www.64bithost.com - 1-352-3164619

Yes, Parallels bought Modernbill

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Welcome to the hell that is now modernbill. Getting support from them will be fun, given the recent buyout.

Maybe it's time to start looking for alternatives.
    I am just afraid whether they would go ahead and make an offer for Cpanel too. That could be the most worst thing one could hear in recent times.

May be companies should wind up to their own solutions. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dixtech1 View Post
    Hello, I have a leased license of Modernbill 4 (with support for unlimited domains) but when I entered in the new intranet of modernbill.com I saw that!

In addition, they have eliminated the possibility of changing this license to Modernbill 5!
    Um, wasnt this announced that this was going to happen 2 years ago?

If we find out about any possibly Parallels/cPanel merger, we'll have to all file a lawsuit against Parallels for unfair business practices/monopolization. That merger really would be a huge disadvantage to all web hosting companies.

Originally Posted by Dixtech1 http://www.webhostingtalk.com/whtima...s/viewpost.gif

We have the same unlimited licence but have not been able to log in and check to see of our licence has been downgraded (the MB site has changed following the acquisition by Parallels, unsuprisingly).

However we have more than 1000 clients so your comments are a bit worrying! On the plus side, everything is still working and I've not heard anything from MB about having to upgrade.
    Paul Lee - Weycrest.Com Limited
    UK Shared, VPS, Reseller Hosting
    Nominet Member | Tucows Registrar | Enta Reseller | Parallels Partner

If i remember well , the 1000 user limit is about V5.
    The 1000 user V5 license is allowing to run the V4 unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by drewryley View Post
    If we find out about any possibly Parallels/cPanel merger, we'll have to all file a lawsuit against Parallels for unfair business practices/monopolization. That merger really would be a huge disadvantage to all web hosting companies.
    Yes, We will if Parallels try to buyout cpanel, and if they succeed we all have a huge problem, seeing as Parallels support is a joke from what I have seen.

We ordered their sitebuilder for a client and after a month they hadn't sent us the license, so we opened a paypal dispute, cash was refunded with no contact from Parallels... which worries me, a lot.
    Toby H
    Infrastructure Consultant
    SolutionFire.co.uk
    cPanel | VMware | XenServer | cPanel | 3PAR | R1soft

Check www.machsol.com. They are at least trying to bring some competition against Parallels monopolization. I hope that machsol will catch up soon and will provide alternate solutions to the community which is at stake due to recent Parallels acquisitions.

ModernBill has ALWAYS been a wasteland of ZERO support - we gave up on them and wrote our own system. For all the effort we now have ourselves to depend on which is relaxing

We're very happy with cPanel support - Parallels has a lot to learn from them so time will tell

In the end the calendar seesm to always show the truth LOL
    Barak Hosting
    http://barakhosting.com
    Shared, VPS & Dedicated Hosting - Lunatic Support is what sets us apart

2 Names- Same thing

Dixtech,

In the new billing system, every license is termed in reference to its V5 tier level. A recurring V5 1000 is an unlimited V4 license. We announced this change almost 2 years ago when we introduced Version 5. You still have access to this V4 license under the packages tab. If you need help navigating to this spot in the system, call in and we would be glad to help.

Jon
    Parallels
    ModernBill Team
    Jon McCarrick -
    Billing is Fun
    When You're Billing With Parallels Plesk Billing
    www.parallels.com/spp

Quote Originally Posted by BillingIsFun View Post
    Dixtech,

In the new billing system, every license is termed in reference to its V5 tier level. A recurring V5 1000 is an unlimited V4 license. We announced this change almost 2 years ago when we introduced Version 5. You still have access to this V4 license under the packages tab. If you need help navigating to this spot in the system, call in and we would be glad to help.

Jon
    Parallels
    ModernBill Team
    Shame you didn't reply during the time when ModernGb owned MB. Useless trying to redeem yourself now.

I had a pre-sales ticket without a reply for 2 weeks! I closed it myself and thought, no way.

We literally had tickets open for a month with ZERO response. We tried calling, writing, emails, smoke signals and NOTHING

Sooner or later u give up as we did
    Barak Hosting
    http://barakhosting.com
    Shared, VPS & Dedicated Hosting - Lunatic Support is what sets us apart

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    I am just afraid whether they would go ahead and make an offer for Cpanel too.
    CPanel'ss not dumb. If swsoft wants CPanel, they'll have to step up to the big boy's plate and offer a very hefty chunk of change. The others were washouts (including modernbill), and thusly picked up incredibly cheap. Cpanel, on the other hand is a thriving and successful business and swsoft would have to pay at least 5x what it's worth to get Cpanel to even consider selling.

Quote Originally Posted by MACscr View Post
    Um, wasnt this announced that this was going to happen 2 years ago?
    They did not. In fact, what they said was that the v4 licenses would remain 'unlimited', and that you'd always be able to upgrade to v5, but it wouldn't be an 'unlimited' license.

linux-tech,

You are incorrect. They specifically stated that v4 recurring unlimited licenses would be converted to a v5 1000 client license. Owned unlimited licenses were to be converted to a 'Professional license' with no client restriction.
    Stephen Preissler
    Modern Advisors - A Certified Plesk Billing Reseller

We offer Plesk Billing Licenses, Configuration, Migrations, Consultation & Customization

Ok, you'd know more about that than I would. I seem to remember the v4 licenses being left at unlimited forever, however, but it's been years since I've done business with those clowns, so I'll take your word for it

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    I am just afraid whether they would go ahead and make an offer for Cpanel too. That could be the most worst thing one could hear in recent times.

May be companies should wind up to their own solutions. lol
    That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. If hosting companies were actually forced to create their own control panels, I would imagine seeing 80% of the web hosts around suddenly cease to exist. You would be left with mostly dedicated, legit hosting companies.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Deajuanj - not sure if I 100% agree w/ you there...

I like the fact that we can offer different control panels to clients -
    on the other hand I hate that a 13 year old can do the same...

I think what separates the real host form the fake is not having programmers on staff - but rather service level, uptime, customer support, and of course... being over the age of 12...or...um... at least knowing how to run an online business for online businesses.

I hear ya loud and clear however...
    We employ programmers - but they generally are in the php/ typo3 / typoscript realm and not in the server admin realm...
    Typo3USA - Typo3 USA Template, Extension Development and Hosting.

PhilaNetworks.com - DataCenter Management, Hosting & Remote Hands across the Delaware Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by hostmedic View Post
    Deajuanj - not sure if I 100% agree w/ you there...

I like the fact that we can offer different control panels to clients -
    on the other hand I hate that a 13 year old can do the same...

I think what separates the real host form the fake is not having programmers on staff - but rather service level, uptime, customer support, and of course... being over the age of 12...or...um... at least knowing how to run an online business for online businesses.

I hear ya loud and clear however...
    We employ programmers - but they generally are in the php/ typo3 / typoscript realm and not in the server admin realm...
    Yeah, I understand. I just get frustrated with the industry sometimes. I know my comment was a little, shall we say, drastic.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

oh yea - for the thread...

I dumped modernbill after trying their software and trying to make it fit.
    Every time I used that stuff for a few hours ... I left my desk went into the bathroom - filled the tub full of bleach and hot water and then disinfected myself.

I have tried a few alternatives -
    ClientExec is decent - but my favorite now is Whmcs.

While WHMCS does not do all I want it to do ... it is a much better experience not only for our clients but also for our customer service and support agents.
    Typo3USA - Typo3 USA Template, Extension Development and Hosting.

PhilaNetworks.com - DataCenter Management, Hosting & Remote Hands across the Delaware Valley.