Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Liquid Web Are they good, anyone care to post something about them?

Hello,
    So after a year or so i have decided to upgrade my baby (server) and move to Liquidweb cause than i do not have to worry about getting external 3rd party management.

So, anyone here who can vouch for them ? And throw some light on their network maybe along with the uptimes you guys might have had with them and how good their management services are ?

Talked to David on Live support he seems to be decent fella, mentioned someone named Travis here on WHT , dunno who that is !!

Thanks, if no review please do let me know which provider you find really good and are currently using servers from (need someone who does management too, wired servers etc etc. the planet i find is kinda expensive talked to sales did not get good response.)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Thanks, if no review please do let me know which provider you find really good and are currently using servers from (need someone who does management too, wired servers etc etc. the planet i find is kinda expensive talked to sales did not get good response.)
    I have used LiquidWeb multiple times, but they will not be getting any of my business in the future. Matthew is a great guy, but unfortunately it seems that LiquidWeb's promises of full management have quite simply left their support staff overwhelmed with work. Ticket responses are slow, and the answers are rushed, asking for details that were already provided. If they need to follow up on the ticket, forget about it. You'll just be lucky to receive a second response.

If you want a great provider, I highly recommend looking into WiredTree.Com. The entire team is just absolutely fabulous. They have my full confidence.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by inogenius View Post
    I have used LiquidWeb multiple times, but they will not be getting any of my business in the future. Matthew is a great guy, but unfortunately it seems that LiquidWeb's promises of full management have quite simply left their support staff overwhelmed with work. Ticket responses are slow, and the answers are rushed, asking for details that were already provided. If they need to follow up on the ticket, forget about it. You'll just be lucky to receive a second response.

If you want a great provider, I highly recommend looking into WiredTree.Com. The entire team is just absolutely fabulous. They have my full confidence.

Hmm, thanks might contact wiredtree and see if they got any specials going on, because if you say how it is at LW it might not be worth it, as i am tired of poor management and myself and my clients deserve better.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

LiquidWeb promise a lot, they didnt deliver for me.
    Damien
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

I dont support most of the comments, Liquid Web is a great provider in my opinion, we dont have any more servers with them because we are from Europe and need dedicated here, wish they exist in Europe.

Regards,
      0 Not allowed!

LiquidWeb has been top notch for me. I've been very happy with their network, hardware and support. I cant see how you could go wrong with them.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree 100%. Zac and crew run one hell of a shop.

Depending on your budget and the level of management you need, it may also be worth giving GigeNET a call/email. They do a lot of customized management in the past, along with an a standard package included in all their premium servers I believe.
      0 Not allowed!

Not sure what you mean, i have been with Liquidweb for 2nd month and i have never had any downtime or slow tickets.

When i send them a ticket i ask them to explain to me what i am doing wrong or what is wrong as i want to learn about vps management and i always get a well explained reply. And it is always a lady helping me (not sure what i am doing right )

From my side as i signed up for a fully managed VPS that is what i am getting so far

(If they need to follow up on the ticket, forget about it. You'll just be lucky to receive a second response.) This is noncence and not true
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE
      0 Not allowed!

We chose Liquid Web in January to house our new shared/reseller hosting servers. So far, network availability has been excellent and the support team has been very helpful and friendly. Zane helped us during the initial order process, and it has been smooth sailing since. Their prices are very reasonable, and it is worth every penny knowing that your servers are placed on a quality network with a great team backing it up.
    -M
      0 Not allowed!

@inogenius , hmm seems like only that review is kinda -ve, i wonder if you would like to tell us why you got that opinion of them ? If not i will see what route to try.

Will look at GigeNET also.
      0 Not allowed!

@inogenius , hmm seems like only that review is kinda -ve, i wonder if you would like to tell us why you got that opinion of them ? If not i will see what route to try.

Will look at GigeNET also.
    See: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=liquidweb
      0 Not allowed!

Thats like in 2007 , in 2008 do they remain bad as i read in that thread ?
      0 Not allowed!

We selected LiquidWeb for both a VPS and dedicated server about 7 or 8 months ago - after doing a lot of research here, and talking to several different providers. They were very helpful during the sales process, and the initial setup went great. I had a couple of really minor support issues that got resolved fairly well.

I had to contact them a while back for some minor issue regarding getting email working on one of the VPS accounts. It was more of an ignorance issue on my part, but the person I talked to was obviously brand new and knew even less than I did. He really couldn't answer any of my questions, and it was obvious that he was putting me on hold and going to someone to get the answers. After a few of these exchanges, I kind of gave up and figured I'd talk to one of our tech partners.

To their credit, the guy that I was talking to did email me back later that day or the next day and try to give me the info I asked for. But it was more effort than I thought I should have had to put in on my expensive, fully managed servers.

Here's the part that really shook me up. I am going to making a server upgrade soon, going to go to 3 dedicated servers. I sent an email through their web form and asked them to give me an email that I could send the specs over to. They did and I did. The email I got back gave me a web link to a shopping cart link, that missed the specs on one of the boxes completely. I called them and pointed it out, and they sent me another email saying they had fixed it, with another link. Went there, same specs again - but with a higher price. Tried to reply to the email, and got a bounceback. Was going to email someone else, but all they have is a web form. Then today, I got a "we consider this issue to be closed" automatic email. Crazy.

If their sales process is that screwed up, it really makes me nervous about making the bigger commitment. I think they have some growth issues there that need to be addressed.

We aren't leaving them - yet. But I will definitely look around a bit. They aren't the cheapest, and I don't know if I get my money's worth for "full management." Just my two cents.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ala4900 View Post
    We selected LiquidWeb for both a VPS and dedicated server about 7 or 8 months ago - after doing a lot of research here, and talking to several different providers. They were very helpful during the sales process, and the initial setup went great. I had a couple of really minor support issues that got resolved fairly well.

I had to contact them a while back for some minor issue regarding getting email working on one of the VPS accounts. It was more of an ignorance issue on my part, but the person I talked to was obviously brand new and knew even less than I did. He really couldn't answer any of my questions, and it was obvious that he was putting me on hold and going to someone to get the answers. After a few of these exchanges, I kind of gave up and figured I'd talk to one of our tech partners.

To their credit, the guy that I was talking to did email me back later that day or the next day and try to give me the info I asked for. But it was more effort than I thought I should have had to put in on my expensive, fully managed servers.

Here's the part that really shook me up. I am going to making a server upgrade soon, going to go to 3 dedicated servers. I sent an email through their web form and asked them to give me an email that I could send the specs over to. They did and I did. The email I got back gave me a web link to a shopping cart link, that missed the specs on one of the boxes completely. I called them and pointed it out, and they sent me another email saying they had fixed it, with another link. Went there, same specs again - but with a higher price. Tried to reply to the email, and got a bounceback. Was going to email someone else, but all they have is a web form. Then today, I got a "we consider this issue to be closed" automatic email. Crazy.

If their sales process is that screwed up, it really makes me nervous about making the bigger commitment. I think they have some growth issues there that need to be addressed.

We aren't leaving them - yet. But I will definitely look around a bit. They aren't the cheapest, and I don't know if I get my money's worth for "full management." Just my two cents.
    What is the ticket number that you are referring to so that I can look into this claim? Thank you
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand
      0 Not allowed!

I have been with LiquidWeb (dedicated/VPS) for over a year now.

On some occasions, such as when the are running a large special or something else busy, you might notice support times to be a bit slower than usual. However, in my experience, slow response is very rare. All but one of the tickets I have opened in the past year have been handled very smoothly (and the one slow ticket was ultimately resolved). I always appreciate being able to call or send email and get a friendly and helpful response.
      0 Not allowed!

Travis,

I added the xxxxxx to th email.

We have not received any response back from you in 48 hours, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved.
    If you have any further questions, simply respond to this email.
    This issue will be automatically closed out in another 48 hours if you choose not to respond.

----------------------------------------------------
    This sales request has been assigned #1004790 Please use the address 1004790+xxxxxxxxsales.hd.liquidweb.com
    for any future correspondence regarding this issue.
      0 Not allowed!

Travis,

I added the xxxxxx to th email.

We have not received any response back from you in 48 hours, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved.
    If you have any further questions, simply respond to this email.
    This issue will be automatically closed out in another 48 hours if you choose not to respond.

----------------------------------------------------
    This sales request has been assigned #1004790 Please use the address 1004790+xxxxxxxxsales.hd.liquidweb.com
    for any future correspondence regarding this issue.
    Thank you for sending over the ticket number. I'm not sure exactly what you are worried about, we provided you the quotes you requested and updated the quote like you asked. After that we didn't hear from you so we assumed the ticket was closed, I'm not sure why you would get a bounce back from an email that you were communicating with, but if you did please feel free to send that along to me or you can always email us.

I'm a little confused by your complaint here because Stefan was replying to your emails within minutes. If you still have a problem with the quote, juts let us know and we'll change it for you without any problems.

I'm sorry that you are unhappy, if you would like, I can call you to discuss your concerns immediately.
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for your attention Travis.

I'm sorry you considered my earlier post a "complaint." It was intended only as an observation on my part. It certainly isn't my place to suggest how LiquidWeb manage their sales process.

I would be happy to send you the bouncebacks, if you need them.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for your attention Travis.

I'm sorry you considered my earlier post a "complaint." It was intended only as an observation on my part. It certainly isn't my place to suggest how LiquidWeb manage their sales process.

I would be happy to send you the bouncebacks, if you need them.
    I would appreciate the bouncebacks so that we can investigate what happened and make sure that it doesn't happen in the future.

Thank you
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down Liquidweb has too bad support.

I agree with the people that is not happy with Liquidweb.
    They promissed so much in regard to support (they call themselves Heroic Support) and have so many good people at sales, that I commited the mistake to get an account with them, even paying $ 350.00 for the set up.

Then I realised they were only empty promisses.
    More than Heroic Support you may call them Wonded Support.
    I had several tickets answered in more than 6 hours, even one in 15 hours and just because I complained thru the sales live chat.

When I was furious in other ocassion at the sales chat system because my ticket was not responded in more than 6 hours, in a rude way they just ended the chat session.

Don't be fooled by the sales team, because liquidweb do not perform as well as them at all.

This is the first time I see a company that take so much time to respond tickets.

Now I am considering Theplanet.com or Inetu.com. If I had a better budget, I would go to Rackspace.com.

If you want to avoid problems, just don't consider Liquidweb.com.
      0 Not allowed!

When I was furious in other ocassion at the sales chat system because my ticket was not responded in more than 6 hours, in a rude way they just ended the chat session.
    That's entirely to be expected. I mean, you don't expect someone who CAN'T control the situation to just sit there and take your abuse do you?

Now, I'm a hardass customer, or I can be at time, but what do you expect here? Miracles? Not from LW, or, really ANY datacenter.

My own experiences with LW have been through clients only. I find their pricing to be incredibly insane, but here's a few experiences for you:

More often than not late at night I'd end up calling them saying "hey, server XXX" is unavailable, can you reboot it? Sure 'nuff, they'd reboot it, and it'd be back online within minutes. We're talking about 2,3 am when you're not typically going to GET a support individual online from most places.

I've had my issues with them as well, from them not dealing with ssh properly (blaming my client, which didn't work well) to their default 'rbl listings' getting magically replaced every time a client did something (yeah, I took 'em out of WHM's exim configs), so the street goes both ways there.

All in all the support is allright, I've seen better, and I've seen much, much worse.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details
      0 Not allowed!

Getting a reboot done quickly doesnt prove anything other than their support is at least on site. 2 to 3 minutes? If you have out of band managment it could be done instantly.
    Damien
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by djorgensen View Post
    Getting a reboot done quickly doesnt prove anything other than their support is at least on site. 2 to 3 minutes? If you have out of band managment it could be done instantly.
    Wow, you really know how to pick 'em and read things into what was said there, now don't you.

Try actually READING posts before you reply.

The example there was that someone was onsite 24x7, and that you could get TO that someone. I've had more than my share of late night conversations with them, about much more than reboots.

Next time, don't read what you want into things
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Wow, you really know how to pick 'em and read things into what was said there, now don't you.

Try actually READING posts before you reply.

The example there was that someone was onsite 24x7, and that you could get TO that someone. I've had more than my share of late night conversations with them, about much more than reboots.

Next time, don't read what you want into things
    I read enough to form an opinion about some LW customers technical skills

Someone onsite should be the norm, I dont see how it could be a PLUS thing when they promise a managed service. Yet there are pletly of comments on WHT about their Super Support not being super
    Damien
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by amc333 View Post
    I agree with the people that is not happy with Liquidweb.
    They promissed so much in regard to support (they call themselves Heroic Support) and have so many good people at sales, that I commited the mistake to get an account with them, even paying $ 350.00 for the set up.

Then I realised they were only empty promisses.
    More than Heroic Support you may call them Wonded Support.
    I had several tickets answered in more than 6 hours, even one in 15 hours and just because I complained thru the sales live chat.
    Please send me the tickets that you are referring to so that I may investigate this. Thank you
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

So can i conclude that their support is not what they mention it is, and lacks what a bunny might expect from them.
      0 Not allowed!

So can i conclude that their support is not what they mention it is, and lacks what a bunny might expect from them.
    What are you expecting that we are lacking?
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

* About Liquidweb

When I was posting my opinion this morning about Liquidweb something funny come to my mind, I just thought: "they will respond to this post faster than several tickets I placed". And that just happened.
    Thank you Travis for your offer to send you my ticket numbers so you can investigate, I will be sending all the information to your email ASAP.
    And I promise to come back here to share with all of you about the response I got, so you can see how they manage this cases of furious customers.
    Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

When I was posting my opinion this morning about Liquidweb something funny come to my mind, I just thought: "they will respond to this post faster than several tickets I placed". And that just happened.
    Thank you Travis for your offer to send you my ticket numbers so you can investigate, I will be sending all the information to your email ASAP.
    And I promise to come back here to share with all of you about the response I got, so you can see how they manage this cases of furious customers.
    Thanks.
    I'm still waiting for your email...
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebTravis View Post
    I'm still waiting for your email...
    I just received your email, I'm currently in Seattle on a business trip but I'm having a supervisor get a hold of you immediately. If indeed we had delayed response times, you will be covered under the response time SLA. We'll be in touch shortly. Thank you
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Keeping servers at liquidweb is a best deal , they use to resolve the things in proper manner and they are really helpful
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by djorgensen View Post
    Not sure what your point is here??

There servers come with remote reboot ports and also the option of KVM-over-IP.

I've found their support to be pretty darn good... nothing like reaching a high level tech in the middle of the night to help troubleshoot an issue.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!

I sent an email to Liquidweb as Travis asked me about my complain in regard to 5 tickets that during a month period had these delays: 6, 3, 13, 15, 6 hours.
    Stephan called to apologizes.
    He said too that they will take a deep look to these reported problems because he says tickets should not take more than 30 minutes to be responded.
    They will contact me again tomorrow with more info.
    As I said to Stephan, I REALLY wish my next ticket will be to congratulate them for a good service.
    I take this as the last chance I give them to do a good job.
    I'm not pretending they be God or Mr Perfect because everybody may get a bad day, just pretend they be what they promised me: an Heroic Support system, because on the last month they weren't.
    Last edited by amc333; 04-08-2008 at 05:45 PM. Reason: resported = reported
      0 Not allowed!

I sent an email to Liquidweb as Travis asked me about my complain in regard to 5 tickets that during a month period had these delays: 6, 3, 13, 15, 6 hours.
    Stephan called to apologizes.
    He said too that they will take a deep look to these reported problems because he says tickets should not take more than 30 minutes to be responded.
    They will contact me again tomorrow with more info.
    As I said to Stephan, I REALLY wish my next ticket will be to congratulate them for a good service.
    I take this as the last chance I give them to do a good job.
    I'm not pretending they be God or Mr Perfect because everybody may get a bad day, just pretend they be what they promised me: an Heroic Support system, because on the last month they weren't.
    Hi,
    I have investigated the issue and had a supervisor contact you. While your tickets did receive 5-10 minute responses to most issues, I do see that there were a few times that it took a few hours for a response. This was an error and I sincerely apologize for it. This is not typically how the LiquidWeb support system works and we are making changes to ensure that this doesn't happen in the future.

This error is obviously covered under our response time SLA and that would entitle you to a days worth of credit. I am going to go above and beyond that and give you a full month's credit to show you how sorry that I am.

If you ever have a ticket that is taking longer than normal for a response you can feel free to email me at my personal email address and I will look into it for you personally.

If you have any questions of concerns please return the phone messages that we left you today and we'll be happy to discuss this further. As I said before, I'm in Seattle on business so I apologize for my delay in responding.

Take care,
    Last edited by LiquidWebTravis; 04-08-2008 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Redundant sentence
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

This error is obviously covered under our response time SLA and that would entitle you to a days worth of credit. I am going to go above and beyond that and give you a full month's credit to show you how sorry that I am.
    But travis does covering the response time in SLA , and crediting it for failure to repond on time can bring back your uptime reports to normal ? IF its a server failure? This is only 1 of your customers issue, how can you ensure me that there is nobody else affected in the same manner, not everyone who is customer of yours comes here to WHT i would imagine.

^^ would that answer your question about what expectations i have?

Plus i doubt you will be able to provide a deal at which i am working on with some of the providers here on wht itself

For me heroic support means heroic support, meaning giving no chance to the customer to even complain in the first place or even submit a ticket, if you have setup the server right ? There can arise un-controlled situations and if under those circumstances you are not there to provide support, should you lable the support as heroic support ?

network uptime is one thing and server uptime and performance is other thing !! And support is its fully management and you claim its the best should not have such incidences at all !!
      0 Not allowed!

network uptime is one thing and server uptime and performance is other thing !! And support is its fully management and you claim its the best should not have such incidences at all !!
    What such company provides this level of perfection where nothing ever goes wrong?

Or is this more of a theoretical discussion?
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

What such company provides this level of perfection where nothing ever goes wrong?

Or is this more of a theoretical discussion?
    There is none, but it was just one client posting -ve thing about response time i would give you benifit of the doubt, but if i read the thread correctly its not just 1 person who has similarly story? I know -vity is more often put on forums rather than +ve things.

But should there be any -ve post if you provide heroic support ? 99% should be +ve responses right ? Cause for the price you charge i would expect nothing less than 99% efficiency and performance out of support !!
      0 Not allowed!

* News about the case with Liquidweb

Hi guys.
    I want to declare that everything was done as Travis explained.
    They contacted me by phone to apologizes, they credited me the problematic month, and they promissed me they took action to avoid these problems in the future.
    I believe they have the chance to make changes on their system to avoid having a customer waiting for hours in the future, with some kind of software alerts, etc.
    I completelly understand no company is perfect and I can resist an error, what made me get mad is one month of errors, that in my opinion could be solved by software-alerting a ticket was not responded on time.
    On my ticket-complains I were even proactive suggesting a method that is used by several companies to determine the ticket as an emergency, normal or low (by the person that place the ticket).
    And I recommended to read "The Toyota Way" book and apply six sigma method for service companies.
    At this point I must trust their words and take this as a new beginning.
    Let's see.
    Last edited by amc333; 04-09-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Added: (by the person that place the ticket)
      0 Not allowed!

Liquidweb is a solid enough company as far as dedicated servers are concerned. I worked for a company recently that had several servers located in their facility and there weren't any major issues on the NOC side for the entirety of the 6 month contract.
      0 Not allowed!

Purchases a server in theplanet.com and you will see the Liquidweb is wonderful.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast