Thumbs up System Administrator [For Hire]

Hello,

I'm in need of some money for some of my recent web projects, so I would like to offer my services for one-time (or repeat) jobs related to *nix system administration. I am not interested in becoming an employee of any company right now. I'm currently sixteen years old as a junior in high school. As for my academic status, I am enrolled in all Honors and AP (Advanced Placement) classes and have a cumulative 4+ GPA throughout high school.

Experience

I have not worked as an official employee of any hosting company, but I have been doing one-time system administration jobs for various individuals for quite a few years now.

I have rather extensive (considering my age) experience setting up, securing, and managing most aspects of a production web server. I'm well versed with the *nix command line as well as cPanel and DirectAdmin (preferred) servers. I have the most experience with Red Hat based distributions, such as CentOS.

Once again, I am not looking for a long-term relationship with any company right now. I would like a few one-time system administration jobs to generate some income for my web projects. I'm a hard working individual that gets the job done in a prompt and professional manner.

If you are interested, please contact me with the information specified in my profile or my email ([email protected]).

Thanks!
    Last edited by Orien; 04-01-2008 at 06:10 PM.

I've worked with Orien in the past setting up servers for various communities and his work is top-notch. I can completely vouch for the quality of his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayan View Post
    I've worked with Orien in the past setting up servers for various communities and his work is top-notch. I can completely vouch for the quality of his work.
    Shayan, thank you for your comment!

I got an email asking me for more information on what I have experience with on a production web server and since I can't edit my original post any more, I'll add them here.

Detailed Experience

DirectAdmin (all -- initial setup, optimization, configuration, etc.)
    cPanel/WHM (all -- initial setup, optimization, configuration, etc.)
    Apache 1.x/2.x
    PHP 4.x/5.x (+ setup/config of various accelerators including eAccelerator, XCache, etc.)
    MySQL 4.x/5.x
    exim/postfix/dovecot
    named
    ProFTPd/PureFTPd
    iptables (+ APF/CSF - iptables frontends)

This is by no means a comprehensive list of my abilities, but it does provide a general idea of what I'm most comfortable with. However, I'm a very fast learner and can tackle various projects regardless of their required scope of knowledge.

Thanks again.