Thread: Sponsorships?

Sponsorships?

Just wondering if anyone had come across any providers who are prepared to look at site sponsorships to compensate dedicated server costs? I currently have a high end VPS plan which has been great, but at the current rate of growth of my main site I will be needing more processing power by the middle of the year.
    Dominic Ryan

www.iis-aid.com

IIS and Open Source

I don't think many will unless your site is highly targeted at who may be buying servers and you receive a good amount of traffic. Even it those are true the best you will likely find is a discount on your bill.

might help if you post some more specifics about your site, but as above, it would need to be relevant.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

A discount is all I'd ever be looking for anyway. My website is very relevant to hosting as it is dedicated to providing support for Microsoft's IIS webserver.
    Dominic Ryan

www.iis-aid.com

IIS and Open Source

I more meant what kind of site do you have (assume site in signature?), along with what server you actually need. It gives people an idea of what kind of cost you are going to be to them.

a $200 server for example would be an expensive outlay with little prospect of any traffic.

It may also help you to post some relevant statistics on page views etc.
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

The only way someone will ever consider sponsoring your site is if it brings a lot of traffic and whether your willing to advertise their services on your site. Although they'll sponsor you, I don't think you will get a high end server. You might just get a decent Celeron D or a P4 but I don't think you will get those newer Core 2 Duo's or Xeon's. If you do have enough traffic to get sponsored why don't you put google adsense ads on your site instead and make money off that?
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Hi What kind of support do you actually need. A Windows server or Linux based machine?
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor