Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Misdivision review

Found very good offers for quarter cabinet with misdivision.com

Anyone using them please share your experience.

Thanks a lot.
      0 Not allowed!

Sure, the prices may be great, but the quality definitely isn’t. Hosting with Misdivision is like a bad April fool’s joke. Everything goes wrong there – from air conditioners not working (no redundancy) to random ports being turned off without notice. One specific incident I saw was a private cage (that I worked in) and the air conditioner issue – essentially Brandon (the owner) brought in a small home unit that piped warm air to the drop ceiling (yes, that’s correct – drop ceiling – drywall dust never hurt anyone!) This AC had a tank of water that needed to be emptied every 12 hours, which Misdivision was supposed to do. Not only was it not done, but we went in numerous times and there was water all over the floor and dangerously close to $200k worth of Dell equipment.

The best was probably when we went in to remove a client and saw that the temperature was over 85 degrees and the only reason they were even notified is because a tech happened to also be in there and noticed how hot it was.

Security? Easily the worst in downtown LA – the cabinet keys open up half the other cabinets in the datacenter and you don’t get your own key (contrary to their “secure locking cabinet” offer). The main door is locked with a thumbprint biometric scanner – you can take a xerox of your thumb and it’ll open the door. The elevators also smell like urine a good percentage of the time.

ACs? That’s a fun one too – one of the small ACs had a leak and there were power cables sitting in a pool of water dangerously close to the UPS unit.

Health? Don’t even think about measuring the air quality in there – you’ll need a bottle of water just being in there for five minutes… I can’t imagine that’s very good for servers either. The ACs don’t have proper filters, so they just pump cold air out.

Seriously, find another company – you can do a lot better for the price (which he’ll constantly raise on you).
    Last edited by sexyhosting; 04-02-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: appearance
      0 Not allowed!

That just about sums up my experience and several other people I know as well...
      0 Not allowed!

We ordered a few cabs from them to do a test run for a new project in the Los Angeles area, before we went direct to XO. I think our ping program "pingdom.com" reported 1hr of downtime everyday.

We ran like little school girls.
    Last edited by Ivan23; 04-02-2008 at 04:32 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks a lot guys.

Probably you saved my life.

Really appreciated. Any suggestions for colo providers in California ?
      0 Not allowed!

darkfyre, I have never thought such night mare is possible. So what keeps you there? Have you finally moved? If so, where?

Quote Originally Posted by coloheart View Post
    Thanks a lot guys.

Probably you saved my life.

Really appreciated. Any suggestions for colo providers in California ?
    Try Pacific Rack. We have an offline server with them are considering colocation with them as well. I have heard good reviews about them.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

Yea, some of the stuff we had there was moved to pacificrack already. The price was slightly higher, but the issues etc have been less than what we faced @ gts
      0 Not allowed!

less issues? Ideally, you don't want have any issues. Care to share (by PM if you prefer) what issues you have?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server
      0 Not allowed!

less issues? Ideally, you don't want have any issues. Care to share (by PM if you prefer) what issues you have?
    Yeah, but when do you realistically not experience any issues? lol
      0 Not allowed!

Post MISDivision

Hello,

This post is to clarify the information posted with respect to MISDivision. MISDivision doesn't take part in such cases whereby information is falsified. However, we felt that the WHT community deserves some form of explanation.

Therefore, without further adieu, clarification is granted.

First, darkfyre, you were never a customer of MISDivision. Nevertheless, what's important is that the WHT community is aware that we have never in the history of MISDivision have there been any damage to any client's equipment, nor has any downtime been reported due to high tempature. Lastly, every datacenter will have some form of problem, what's important is that the problem is rectified in a timely manner which prevents any loss or downtime, which we have upheld till this day. With that stated, and with all due respect from your misleading information, I think WHT deserves to know the facts of why you would state such falsified information. The reason is that you were dismissed (to keep the harsh wording to minimal) from the company you worked for, which is still at our datacenter and a very happy client going on 1 year now. Furthermore, you were banned from our datacenter for various outrages acts. Not to mention, you left your client's cage door opened, yeah with 200k worth of eqiupment, and left there keys in the lock. I'm sure they found out about your bad habits, and bad work ethics and let you go, but oh well. Therefore, WHT this is why darkfyre would leave such falsified information which is expected of him.

Secondly, Mr. Ivan! How are you? Correct me if I am wrong, but you just opened a ticket not very long ago asking us to allocate you some IP and transit space? It was 2 /21's out of the hundreds of c-classes that we have across many different subnets? And should you reply stating anything different, by all means please do the WHT community a favor by releasing this ticket information so that we can show how you litterally begged us to give you transit and IP space. Simply put, denied. Your type is not allowed; there is something really wrong with you. Everything about you is a lie. WHT, really deserves to know this. Without further wasting our time on Mr. Ivan, check his posts "15 + USA Locations, 1 Company (Colocation & IP Transit) 1u - 42u Full Cabs & Cages." You don't even own a router, have an AS number with IP space allocated by Arin, nor do you own 1sq. ft. of any datacenter. You don't even have a lease for a datacenter room. You're merley a bad reseller giving good business people a bad name. However, there's nothing wrong with being a reseller, because I know many successful businessmen and women who I hold high respet for. But you just give good business folks a black eye. To sum it up, what you don't have is your own IP allocation, datacenter, router, and the address you post is some other company. Get that, you even faslied the address of your LA "wonderland" datacenter, becaue that is about far as you will get to having that address. But what WHT really deserves is to have your clan of bad and wanna-be host back you up. Therefore, let the truth be told, Mr. darkfyre, Mr. avythe, please let the WHT community know the truth. I think that the WHT community deserves, at minimum the truth from you two, if Mr. Ivan went direct with XO, also, is that Mr. Ivan's address he list in his post, or is that a lie. Don't try to post something that you don't know, just tell the truth. Everyone will see everything about Mr. Ivan is a lie. We have active customers in XO, and by all means, if any of them have ever been down 1 hour, please post it here and correct me. In conclusion on Mr. Ivan, I think we've given the WHT enough details to make an accurrate decision.

Third, and last, Mr. avythe, I know you knew you had this coming. You were terminated by MISDivision. Let the truth be told, we terminated your services for the bad content and customers you service on our network. But before I get to that, let me say a few facts. You were with MISDivision for over 1 year, and would of still been a customer had we not terminated your services so why lie? You're just like the other 2, have ill will with MISDivision because we terminated your services and you figure you would take a shot at us on WHT, lie to the community you've been apart of for so long straight to their face. Its really a shame to see you post what you did. But I guess since you are a real life friend of darkfyre, and you were terminated, would lead to your support. MISDivision spent some personally time with you to offer you rates at which you could grow in our facility. We were successful in helping you grow, you've been with us for over 1 year, and never in the history of your service have you ever been down for 1 second due to power, a/c, or as a direct cause of a router or switch failed. You have only been down because of the excessive DDos attacks you attrack. We warned you over 7 times to remove the DDos customers from our network as we don't allow excessive DDos. We believe that there is a market for businesses to service the excessive DDos, and it has proven to be a successful business. However, at MISDivision, we don't allow it, don't want it on our network, and rather do without. Therefore, after over 7 times that we warned you to remove those clients, you failed. And, when we finally terminated your services what happen was that you had a DDos over 2GB attack, we asked you to remove the client, and the every next day you had another DDos over 2GB attack, after 7 warners, and one just the day before to remove these clients. And, you lied and stated you removed these clients, another DDos the very next day. MISDivision was fed up with your irresponsibility and terminated your services.

Lastly, its not ethical, professional, or respectful to post falsied information on WHT. MISDivision will take part in no further responses on this matter. No matter, if these band of bad lying host post false information to build a database from Los Angeles, to Dallas, we will not waste WHT time, nor our time.

However, WHT deserved to hear directly from the host, and we would have been in the wrong by not providing the WHT community (which we respect) a reasonable explanation of why this "band of bad host" would fasify such information. I apologize for their lying in an attemp to damage the repuatable name of MISDivision. At the end of your reading, no matter what is stated, you will come to find that, MISDivision has never been down for 1 second in our history due to power failure, a/c tempature, or router failure. If any client in our 611 Datacenter for which we own and operate has ever had one second of downtime, 100% it was only avythe and his excessive DDoses. We apologize for any time and misleading information that this "band of bad host" has posted. We had to stoop very low to come to this level and we would have not done it unless we cared about the WHT community by providing an explanation with facts, not fiction as these characters lead you to believe.

With all due respect,
    Last edited by misdivision; 04-02-2008 at 02:10 PM.
    611 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 502
    Los Angeles, California 90017
    Colocation, Dedicated Servers, Software & Web Programming
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by misdivision View Post

Secondly, Mr. Ivan! How are you? Correct me if I am wrong, but you just opened a ticket not very long ago asking us to allocate you some IP and transit space? It was 2 /21's out of the hundreds of c-classes that we have across many different subnets? And should you reply stating anything different, by all means please do the WHT community a favor by releasing this ticket information so that we can show how you litterally begged us to give you transit and IP space. Simply put, denied. Your type is not allowed; there is something really wrong with you. Everything about you is a lie. WHT, reall deserves to know this. Without further wasting our time on Mr. Ivan, check his posts "15 + USA Locations, 1 Company (Colocation & IP Transit) 1u - 42u Full Cabs & Cages." You don't even own a router, nevertheless, any datacenter. You don't even have a lease for a datacenter room. You're merley a bad reseller, however, there's nothing wrong with being a reseller, because I know many successful businessmen and women who I hold high respet for. But you just give good business folks a black eye. To sum it up, what you don't have is your own IP allocation, datacenter, router, and the address you post is some other company. Get that, you even faslied the address of your LA "wonderland" datacenter, becaue that is about far as you will get to having that address. But what WHT really deserves is to have your clan of bad and wanna-be host back you up. Therefore, let the truth be told, Mr. darkfyre, Mr. avythe, please let the WHT community know the truth. I think that the WHT community deserves, at minimum the truth from you two, if Mr. Ivan went direct with XO, also, is that Mr. Ivan's address he list in his post, or is that a lie. Don't try to post something that you don't know, just tell the truth. Everyone will see everything about Mr. Ivan is a lie. We have active customers in XO, and by all means, if any of them have ever been down 1 hour, please post it here and correct me. In conclusion on Mr. Ivan, I think we've given the WHT enough details to make an accurrate decision.
    We have our own 6509 routers, We use XO locations to house our server farm. The fact is you don't know anything about us and your going by what you saw when we ordered your services "2" cabs for a "project". You couldn't hold a uptime more then a day.

Here is the details of my problems I had with you., as is too much to list. FYI, look at the date i posted this.
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com/comme...COM-10251.html

** I'm not worried about this thread hurting our business "yes, 15 locations" as we rely on existing client referrals, which is always good

** For anyone to see I have the the reports from "pingdom.com" if you like to see them. IP is pointing to misdivision.com web site showing downtime everyday of there own main site.

From what I see, your little butt hurt from this thread and people talking the truth.

anyway, don't get butt hurt, maybe your doing better now but you and I know how you was few months back.
      0 Not allowed!

Let the truth be told, we terminated your services for the bad content and customers you service on our network. But before I get to that, let me say a few facts.
    And, you lied and stated you removed these clients
    One client received a DDoS attack. He was asked to remove the customer. He stated that he did, but in actuality the offender still had access to his server. That's why the second attack occurred. I don't know about you, but I'm not in the business of terminating customers who have been with me for 3 years due to two DDoS attacks.

There was no "bad content," just a few DDoS attacks against one or two of my clients. If you want to take the defensive and say that you don't allow any clients who might, at any point, receive DDoS, then, well, okay... I don't know, most providers tend to just nullroute the IP and it's done with.

However, at MISDivision, we don't allow it, don't want it on our network, and rather do without.
    I don't know why, but in your emails too you make it sound like my clients and I visit script kiddie sites and say "TRY TO DDOS ME! I BET YOU CAN'T! LOL!" - I mean, things happen...it's not like I was purposely trying to get your network attacked. You can't say "I'd rather do without DDoS!" - Hell, I'd rather do without it too. Let's abolish it from the internet legislature.

We were successful in helping you grow, you've been with us for over 1 year, and never in the history of your service have you ever been down for 1 second due to power, a/c, or as a direct cause of a router or switch failed.
    I was there 7 months and had two servers fail from when the primary AC was out. I also experienced multiple network drops, often in the middle of the night, which I know that you're aware of...
    You're just like the other 2, have ill will with MISDivision because we terminated your services
    Personally I think it's kinda funny that you terminated service due to one of, maybe four or five total (in the span of 7 months), DDoS attacks. The only problem I have is that you disconnected me without notice and forced me to move a cabinet-full of equipment overnight. Even with people helping me do it, I was physically ill for about 3 days after that, so, thanks.

However, we felt that the WHT community deserves some form of explanation.
    Indeed they do, but that explanation should probably center around the issues raised rather than resorting to ad hominem attacks.
    Last edited by avythe; 04-02-2008 at 02:31 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

When your "cna" has to call clients to ask how to add vlans to a device there is an issue. And the proper term would be CCNA not CNA, good luck with the internet. Brandons failures have become somewhat of a joke locally in the la area datacenter community many refer to him as Big Pimping Networks because of his overall demeanor and quality of service etc. Or how about selling clients transit knowing they get ddos and then when they in fact due randomly shutting off * inbound on the clients port. Or how about not replying to that clients emails/phone calls etc and then when you finally do you have to offer the bw at prices so far below what you get it for just to not lose the client because you can no longer support his inbound bw. AHAHAHA Brandon, you win at the internet.....

Quote:

And actually, the issues we have have had, have always been resolved swiftly but basically network interuptions being the main issue dealt with. This has been affecting everyone that is why it is "less of an issue" A Lot of LA area providers have been having similar issues. GTS/MIS like ivan said had several windows of time where they had actual downtime.

And Brandon, I may not have been a client but I sure referred you clients. Most of which are looking for other hosts. Every date you ever gave you missed. Most communications you exchanged fabrications or adjustments of the truth. And Happy client??? The client has told you several times when things were unacceptable and had me document all the episodes of you not emptying water, or temp things in general. Do you know what a nullroute community is yet? Also, with regards to leaving the cage open. Havent you stacked your stuff in there several times in space allocated to another customer? In fact havent you done other things like not follow through on objects in contract including "dedicated ac". You do not address any issues presented in the thread you merely try to defer blame.
      0 Not allowed!

Not terrible--But I wouldn't recommend them

I have had a cabinet with Misdivision since Sept. 1, 2007. Overall I have been satisfied enough not to search for somewhere else to move, however I would not recommend the service to friends.

I began with Misdivision because my previous colocation provider was shutting down with 3 days notice. I contacted Brandon on Tuesday afternoon and by Friday I was on a plane to LA to set up my cabinet. The fast turn around time and quick setup of the cabinet was impressive, and I was given a 2u HP UPS unit in the rack at no additional cost to satisfy any concerns I had about the power situation at the DC. To this day, I've not seen the input power on the UPS go offline. The free switch that was included with my full cabinet, however, had about 1/3 of the ports dead. I told Brandon, and he informed me a technician would look in to it early in the week. I never heard back and my switch still has a bunch of dead ports. I've not pushed them on the issue because I don't need the ports at this time, but I assume that if I did need the ports that Brandon would replace the switch promptly. Besides that, the setup went off without a hitch and I've been up and running since...

...besides when the network is down. If I had to pinpoint the weak points of Misdivision's current layout, I would point out the lack of redundancy in both cooling and network. The network uptime so far has not been impressive. If this was my sole location, I would be afraid due to the frequent unplanned network outages (typically at least once every month or every other month.) I see Brandon attempting to explain the network outages earlier in this thread, and implying that every network outage at Misdivision has been due to packet floods directed at avythe’s customers. I can’t speculate on the cause of the network outages, but I am not convinced that enough action is being taken to improve the quality or reliability. This is supported by the fact that rather than improving his network, he simply turns off customers who receive more than one or two packet floods. This doesn’t prevent further packet floods, as any customer could be attacked at any time and it doesn’t look like much is being done to improve the network itself to prevent such floods from taking down all customers.

As far as the HVAC, it is typically in the 60s when I am at the datacenter, however I have seen a few temperature spikes for 3+ hours at a time the last few months, and I've heard reports of HVAC outages in that time. I would be extremely concerned if the equipment I had colocated there was more expensive as there is absolutely no HVAC redundancy in their 611 location.

One last issue I've had with Misdivision and forgot to mention earlier in the post is the "secured locking" cabinets are not actually very secure at all. I was not given a key to lock my cabinet upon move in and Brandon has made no indication that I will ever receive one. Additionally, there is a key located in the DC which will open my cabinet and many other ones, so they might as well not be locked at all. There is very rarely anyone physically on site from Misdivision, and the front door biometric thumbprint scanner is not very high quality.

Overall, I'd say you get what you pay for and nothing more. It's hard to beat the price, but as you can see from all of the issues other customers have had it is worth your time to find a more reliable provider if your business relies on a solid, reliable colocation solution.
      0 Not allowed!

This has definitely been one of the more entertaining threads I have seen here during my years of being a WHT member. I must add to such an entertaining thread such as this and clarify a few things for members here. Recently a project we deployed utilized 2.5 GBPS of bandwidth, this project grew incredibly fast and no one involved realized the type of traffic it would receive. This project was deployed on the Misdivision network in the 611 location.

We have not had one second of downtime and of the 10 servers which we utilized for some of the file caching, not one went down during our period of time at this data center. Although we only needed to utilize this data center for a month's time, we have nothing but positive reviews to issue it. Our experience there has allowed us to keep our client happy and continue to process the thousands of transactions throughout this month.

The project was initially being hosted within our own facilities in One Wilshire. Since our network was only able to sustain 400MBPS of bandwidth at any given time due to the commits we held with our current bandwidth providers, we were fortunate to reach Brandon before our network was fully saturated. Brandon had us setup the same day using a gigabit port both at his 611 facility and 600 W7th location. To say the least, we are very well connected within the Downtown, Los Angeles area and were impressed by the fact that Brandon worked to the early am to help satisfy our needs. Although we were able to offset a large chunk of bandwidth through his network, we had to eventually sign up for a content delivery network to help out with this project.

So please with due respect, be open-minded when detailing your experiences. It is known that you will experience problems at any given data center no matter what the location. Downtown is full of CalPOOP and CIJOKES but after seeing our customer process more transactions then some see in a lifetime let alone what some generate in a lifetime, we are confident and respect the staff at the 611 location and would recommend Misdivison time and time again.

If you are looking for image, then go elsewhere perhaps Equinix will suit your thirst for fashion.
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!
      0 Not allowed!

Some of the earlier posts are certainly suspicious and possible abusive if Misdivision's accusations are correct.
      0 Not allowed!

Some of the earlier posts are certainly suspicious and possible abusive if Misdivision's accusations are correct.
    What accusations are you referring to in specific?

Although we only needed to utilize this data center for a month's time, we have nothing but positive reviews to issue it.
    I think that's the primary issue - the first 2-3 months of my service was fine. Something happened around late November/December and things started going downhill. With all due respect, a month isn't enough time to review a host.
      0 Not allowed!

This has definitely been one of the more entertaining threads I have seen here during my years of being a WHT member. I must add to such an entertaining thread such as this and clarify a few things for members here. Recently a project we deployed utilized 2.5 GBPS of bandwidth, this project grew incredibly fast and no one involved realized the type of traffic it would receive. This project was deployed on the Misdivision network in the 611 location.

We have not had one second of downtime and of the 10 servers which we utilized for some of the file caching, not one went down during our period of time at this data center. Although we only needed to utilize this data center for a month's time, we have nothing but positive reviews to issue it. Our experience there has allowed us to keep our client happy and continue to process the thousands of transactions throughout this month.

The project was initially being hosted within our own facilities in One Wilshire. Since our network was only able to sustain 400MBPS of bandwidth at any given time due to the commits we held with our current bandwidth providers, we were fortunate to reach Brandon before our network was fully saturated. Brandon had us setup the same day using a gigabit port both at his 611 facility and 600 W7th location. To say the least, we are very well connected within the Downtown, Los Angeles area and were impressed by the fact that Brandon worked to the early am to help satisfy our needs. Although we were able to offset a large chunk of bandwidth through his network, we had to eventually sign up for a content delivery network to help out with this project.

So please with due respect, be open-minded when detailing your experiences. It is known that you will experience problems at any given data center no matter what the location. Downtown is full of CalPOOP and CIJOKES but after seeing our customer process more transactions then some see in a lifetime let alone what some generate in a lifetime, we are confident and respect the staff at the 611 location and would recommend Misdivison time and time again.

If you are looking for image, then go elsewhere perhaps Equinix will suit your thirst for fashion.

Funny you bash calpop... Were you not aware that GTS/MIS uses the same network technician to do his core equipment configuration. Whats a giant failure in one building is still a giant failure under a different name.
    Last edited by sexyhosting; 04-02-2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: wrong quote
    SexyHosting.Co, a subsidiary of PBComm.net
    Currently offering: Shared Webhosting, VPS, VPN, Proxy Services, Private/Public Cloud, Dedicated Servers, Colocation in several markets. LA/SF/NY/DE/RU/KC/AU/NZ
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RobinWrit View Post
    Some of the earlier posts are certainly suspicious and possible abusive if MISdivision's accusations are correct.
    These are neither suspicious nor abusive. Web Hosting Talk is a forum that people on the internet rely on in order to get information about the pros and cons of various hosts, not a place to hug each others nuts. Negative posts serve as warnings to future customers of things to consider when looking at the costs and service levels provided by different providers. What ever happened to honesty?

Read on, dear traveler.

I too have had "The GTS/MISDivison Experience". In fact, two of the negative posters in this thread are involved in referring me. Sadly things went downhill from that point on. There's a chance I may suffer a negative service impact as a result on this post... but... I'm a current IP Transit customer of GTS/MISDivision.

Lets recount;

1) MIS/GTS posts an offer in the colo forum for IP Transit that is simply "too good to be true". Pricing lower than cogent or HE on similar commits, while their commits and carriers were all currently priced higher. Professional and personal associates from these very forums suggest I try it out - I was in fact in desperate search of somebody who could turn up fast, and Awknet has a tendency to get booted off of providers pretty fast anyway due to our traffic volume - so having as many providers online as possible is always a plus. (It seems a lot of carriers "backbones" aren't as large as their sales departments would lead you to believe. Until now that is - Xeex has been -the- most reliable carrier we've had to date. We had one issue with traffic to certain european countries due to an upstream peer and Xeex was quick to add another carrier to route around the problem.)

2) MIS/GTS gets a cross connect setup in CRG in record time - three days and I was online. CRG isn't exactly the speediest noc in the world and I've often had carriers go in and run the cross connects themselves.

3) Awknet contacts MIS/GTS regarding how they don't have a link from the fresh new cross connect. Ahh port settings weren't set on that end. Alrighty, have a port link. Pitty I don't have any IPs... I'm told "tomorrow".

4) A number of tomorrows later I'm contacted by the MIS/GTS "CNA" who asks me how to setup a vlan and what the ips are. :O A few more tomorrows later and I've finally got a /30 that I can ping across.... Still no transit. Several more "tomorrows" later and I've finally got actual transit. :O

5) MIS/GTS goes offline! It seems that all traffic is only coming in via one MIS/GTS peer and consequently the entire network is down. The techs don't know how to setup nullroute communities, so I can't help them get online by dropping that IP myself - and of course no available techs are able to do anything. I will say that their email support system typically gets very fast responses 24/7. Unfortunately the people are typically not in a position to do much to help, at least in my case. I can't speak of dedi/colo support. This goes on for a number of weeks with promises of "tomorrow".

6) MIS/GTS terminates all inbound traffic on Awknets connection without contacting/informing Awknet in any manner. After noticing a complete lack of inbound traffic over the GTS link and confirming no BGP issues GTS was contacted. FIVE DAYS LATER GTS finally responded and a new contract for even cheaper outbound only bandwidth was agreed upon.

From this point on I haven't needed to interact with MIS/GTS much. I've had a few port drops and oddities, but for the most part the hardware does its job. It was when I needed something to be done by GTS - even critical setup steps - cases where I'd email the exact commands just to get things online, and it took weeks to get any results. My conversations with the network engi... err... "CNA" were... uninspiring. My conversations with the owner make me think he's an ok guy, but sometimes you get the feeling that he's just telling you a lot of bull**** so you'll leave him alone. There's an old adage, "You get what you pay for". GTS certainly isn't expensive...

So... based on my own experiences and having dealt with some of the other posters in this thread, I'd say it's unlikely that they're fabricating anything. If there's any doubt regarding the authenticity of my story you're welcome to contact me privately - but I feel my post history and word of mouth reputation from current and former businesses speaks to my character.
    Dedicated Servers, Virtual Machines, Colocation, BGP & IPs
    objx.net - AS33333 - Salt Lake, Utah
    awknet.com - AS17048 - Los Angeles, California
      0 Not allowed!

Couldn't say it better, MIS aka Pimp My Networks from your own existing clients to Ex-clients all had the same problems. Only good review is one client been with you for a month.

MIS
      0 Not allowed!

So we just got a call from GTS/MIS - it's good to see they're already taking tips from this thread and opted to call us and notify prior to shutting down our port. GTS/MIS has informed Awknet over the phone that service will be terminated with them at the end of the month as a direct consequence for posting a negative review of GTS/MIS on WHT.
    Dedicated Servers, Virtual Machines, Colocation, BGP & IPs
    objx.net - AS33333 - Salt Lake, Utah
    awknet.com - AS17048 - Los Angeles, California
      0 Not allowed!

Just for point of clarification, MISDivision terminated these clients as their DDos traffic caused problems on our network, which any host would do.

With Awkenet 2 to 3 2GB DDos attacks per day, and the other "band of bad host" 2GB attacks per day, MISDivision was fed up with the DDos and in turn cleaned up our datacenter.

Simply put, we have too many high-end clients to allow DDos attacks upwards of 6 GBs at any given time. MISDivision is no new company on the block, we services some of these clients going on 2 years. They were referred because of the good services we provided. However, after all of them fled to our network, bring a combined total of 2 to 3 DDos attacks, we cleaned up our network. Unfortunately, all the people who posted, all know each other. And, all the people who posted are no longer clients of MISDivision.

We Let them refer to someone elses network who wants to have 6GB of DDos coming in. And, for what? Combining all of them together barely push a 100/mbps.

MISDivision is a rapidly growing company. We have grown 300% within the last 6 months. We now own and operate 3 datacenter facilities, and just opened a prestiage corporate office, and high-end datacenter that was 30% occupied before the doors opened. In Los Angeles alone we operate 4 routers over an all fiber backbone within a one-block square radius.

Unforunately, the "band of bad host" were terminated. Nevertheles, our network hasn't been better since. I guess it is a lesson learned, don't put these guys on your network, unless you specially want 2 to 3 DDos attacks per day all for 100/mbps.

Good luck fellows!
      0 Not allowed!

Just for point of clarification, MISDivision terminated these clients as their DDos traffic caused problems on our network, which any host would do.
    Just out of curiosity, what kind of DDoS was Awknet receiving without any inbound bandwidth? Or did you mean to say that you terminated them for posting a negative review?

Unforunately, the "band of bad host" were terminated. Nevertheles, our network hasn't been better since. I guess it is a lesson learned, don't put these guys on your network, unless you specially want 2 to 3 DDos attacks per day all for 100/mbps.
    Who are you talking about? Awknet didn't have inbound bandwidth, I received a total of maybe 4 or 5 attacks total, and Ivan's problem had nothing to do with DDoS. Are you just fabricating this stuff to make your point?

I don't want to go off on a rant here, but I don't understand this taking offense at a negative/neutral review thing. If you have this many people who've each, individually, had a negative experience with your service, wouldn't you take a second look at your service? Maybe you're the one doing something wrong?

Just for the record as well, as far as knowing everyone else, I don't know Ivan at all and jwr I only know in a business capacity.
    I apologize for their lying in an attemp to damage the repuatable name of MISDivision.
    Are you really sure you want to play the "lying" card on everything darkfyre listed? I was asked to take pictures that day...(attached). The second pic is the portable AC mentioned in darkfyre's first post, not hooked up (taken at the same time). As I said, I had two boxes experience booting issues right after that, and I can only imagine that people closer to the front experienced more problems, since it's always several degrees hotter over there.

Now, with that said, let's try something different. If you want to respond to this, try responding to the actual issues rather than attacking me personally. I'm not attacking you at all - everything we listed here actually happened. We're not conspiring against you. We're not making this stuff up. You can't go wrong taking the defensive and making legitimate arguments for why these things happened and how you'll prevent them in the future. You CAN go wrong by resorting to ad hominem attacks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails degrees.jpg   ac.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

I'm surprised this thread isn't on fire yet

0 Not allowed!

Vendetta tech/NTWX, first, who doesn't have A/C problems? At least we keep portal A/C's handy in case of an outage, that we own. That's high as our tempature will go when we a 20 ton A/C is out. However, the funny thing is that the XO datacenter you moved into, well, I was just there last week, and the thermostat maxed out at 99 degrees. I checked the tempature, and it was 110 degrees. Its been like that for months, I mean litterally months. Everybody knows that. But do you see me or anyone else bashing XO on WHT? No, that proves you just have ill will cause you got terminated.

Everyone on Vendetta/NTWX network will have connection interruptions from your heavy DDos attacks, and servers are 25 degrees higher in tempature than our datacenter when our 20 ton goes out. If your servers were experiencing heat overloading when you were at our datacenter and A/C went out, then you must be experiencing even worse where you at now? Tell the truth...

You moved in XO datacenter where the tempature has been above 90 for months. And you come on here and bash us when our tempature maxes in the 80s due to an A/C going out when its usually in the 60s.

As for Awknet, Awknet shut down WVFiber entire One Wilshire operation, and those are facts. Actually, I even heard it affected other One Wilshire operations. Every provider Awknet have had, Awknet has been dropped. Where is the WVFiber connection? What happen to his MISDivision connection? All terminated for excessive DDos. Every host vendetta/ntwx has been with have all terminated your services. When Vendetta moved into our datacenter, you were moving in a hurry because the provider shut you down.

It seems you guys stick together, all the post I've read, dealing with heat on Awkenet, I see avythe coming to the rescue. Well, operation "nullroute" has been completed. We got tired of nullrouting your everyday DDos and instead nullrouted you. In fact, we named the operationg "operation nullroute band of bad host"

conf t

ip route awknet Null0
    ip route vendettatech/ntwx Null0

interface vlan servertweak
    shutdown

Operation Nullroute completed.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast