collecting from a client in india

Does anyone know of a resource or firm for collecting over a $4k balance from one of our customers in India? I have been searching the web for over a week and I can not find a thing. Does such a thing exist? I know the address and info we have on file for this customer is correct.

What are you doing to collect from international customers?

Oooh...that could result in a loss of fingers!

But in all honesty...I'm not sure what the best solution would be...or any solution for that matter. Hell for a 4k debt...why don't you pay for a collector to fly over
    Lime Drop Marketing!
    Web Design | Graphic Design | Logo Design
    http://www.limedrop.ca

Why don't you go over yourself for 4k?

4k is alot of money... I would if I had 4k which was owed me.

Go knock on his front door, I would love to see his face

Originally posted by dynamitehost
    Why don't you go over yourself for 4k?

4k is alot of money... I would if I had 4k which was owed me.

Go knock on his front door, I would love to see his face
    Knock on the front door, with a double barell shot gun, then we're talking...

Send Sally Struthers on over to shake him down

I'm very interested to know how this customer ended up owing 4k on their account! Is that all from bandwidth overage? And if so, why did permit such an excess?

I would recomend a simple bank wire transfer for that amount.

You can also try www.HostCharge.com no idea if they handle that much in one go.

Burnt your fingers? Where is he located at in India. Can you give the details.

Based on prior experience with this very issue in India, you can probably forget about ever seeing a dime. Debt enforcement, especially for international debt, is almost non-existent in India. You can hire a local attorney, but it could take years. In the meantime, it's cheap for your debtor to file a countersuit and tie you up even further.

The best thing is to avoid letting anyone run up too large a tab with you in the first place.

Kevin

Originally posted by sigma
    Based on prior experience with this very issue in India, you can probably forget about ever seeing a dime. Debt enforcement, especially for international debt, is almost non-existent in India. You can hire a local attorney, but it could take years. In the meantime, it's cheap for your debtor to file a countersuit and tie you up even further.

The best thing is to avoid letting anyone run up too large a tab with you in the first place.

Kevin
    What Kevin said is correct, it will take ages for you to recover money and yes that amount runs into multiple years (on an average 4-7). I know the system in our country isnt that good but oh well thats the way of life.

What you could however do is send him a notice from an attorney, sometimes thats enough to persuade people to return the money.

If that doesnt work goto his house, throw him out and take over the place, it will take him years to get it back from you the legal way!
    eSupport - Feature Packed & Robust Support System (Supports email+web based interface)
    LiveResponse - The Ultimate Live Support Package (Unmatched features & Speed)
    http://www.kayako.com

Originally posted by DotComster
    I would recomend a simple bank wire transfer for that amount.

You can also try www.HostCharge.com no idea if they handle that much in one go.
    LOL, what page of the book are you on mate? I don't think this person is looking for credit card processor, but more collecting a debt that the party refuses to pay.