IE 7 often opens up to download IE7...again.

This happens on an infrequent basis, but was wonering if anyone else out there had experienced a problem with the Internet Explorer ver 7 situation: Start up IE7, (noraml home page is "about:blank", however it sometimes goest to MS website to try and offer IE7 as an update. I have IE7 running and have had for some time. Is there a registry setting that I can nullify the search for IE needing updated from version 6 to 7 ?
    "I started out in life with nothing, and I've managed to keep most of it!"

Vern
    http://vernsdidj.com didgeridoo stuff

just use firefox.. just a suggestion anyway..
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Did some more research last night and did find something. This registry edit will work for what I was experiencing. I got this from the Microsoft website btw....

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"RunOnceHasShown"=dword:00000001

"RunOnceComplete"=dword:00000001

Microsoft website said to copy/paste this into a text editor and name it skiprunonce.reg and add that to the registry.

So far so good.

Vern

Quote Originally Posted by jmcomps View Post
    just use firefox.. just a suggestion anyway..
    Firefox is the a very very good browser it has so many plug inns as well, I would say leave IE7 and use firefox.. there are some .exe files which are causing this problem on your PC.

Quote Originally Posted by umesh281 View Post
    Firefox is the a very very good browser it has so many plug inns as well, I would say leave IE7 and use firefox.. there are some .exe files which are causing this problem on your PC.
    I have both IE7 and Firefox. The lates build has it's "OWN" issues. Seems the longer it is used, the more resources it gobbles up on your computer. Perhaps the 3.0 won't do that.

I don't believe that it is.exe files on my computer.

What I needed was input on how to correct a minor glitch, not steer me into another browser. You all like Firefox, fine, but IE7 has most of everything I want in a browser in it as it is, plus the organization of my favorites. Yes.. I've moved the favorites over (imported) into Firefox, but as noted, maybe 3.0 will be less memory hungry.

Vern