Reviews on DownTownHost?

Has anyone used downtownhost before? What is your experience with them? Don't find them to be over selling and were fast in email replies. But to get a cheaper shared host plan with them, I need to sign up with them for 3 years. So just want advice before getting engaged into any contracts. Tnks.

You must be kidding, right?

Every other thread these days is a praise thread for DTH, hard to miss them. Please do a search, you'll see lots.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Oops ok. Guess they are safe then. Tnks.

Will do a search in future.

I can see that there is noting but good reviews for downtown host

Everyday there has to be 2 or more about how great they are .

who's downtownhost?

Quote Originally Posted by Soskel34 View Post
    who's downtownhost?
    URL - http://www.downtownhost.com/

Reviews - http://whreviews.com/downtownhost.htm

rossman

ummm....soskel was kidding

Quote Originally Posted by reckoning View Post
    rossman

ummm....soskel was kidding
    The batteries in my sarcasm meter must be dead, yeah that's right

>> Every other thread these days is a praise thread for DTH

who can break their record ??

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan View Post

It would take a big effort to do so. Jedito is on a real tear these days.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan View Post

Possibly MediaLayer, CartikaHosting or HTTPme

They got a lot of experience and good business strategy, nothing more can beat than thinking for customer's satisfaction first.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    Don't want to sound conceited, however, I think that we got more reviews than the 3, probably because of the fact that we are older then all them too
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    Don't want to sound conceited, however, I think that we got more reviews than the 3, probably because of the fact that we are older then all them too
    Hey Jedito,

non conceited - no fear at all - you guys run a tight ship and certainly deserve the attention...

but, to be fair, you have only been in business for 1 year longer then us

http://whois.domaintools.com/cartika.com

I think we target and attract a slightly different customer set then you - nothing more fancy then that ... eitherway, its not a competition - I LOVE seeing good companies (like yours) get attention on WHT - it means things are moving in a positive direction here (slowly but surely )

Hi Andrew, yes, you're right, sorry, I always forget the older domain . And I agree with you about the target audience too.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I have been with DTH for a couple years now, I have been a thorn in their side with some mysql issues (my fault) and sites getting hacked.

They have been tremendously professional and support has been amazing.

They have a great support crew over there!

I have been very happy with Downtownhost. Very responsive servers. Fantastic uptime. Great technical support. Downtownhost is really one of the few hosting companies that deliver what they advertise. I highly recommend downtownhost. Keep up the great work!

The reviews on here of DTH speak volumes for their very high standards of service they provide all their customers.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Thanks people, your comments make a lot of good to us, is good not know that the hard word get its fruits

Thanks people, your comments make a lot of good to us, is good not know that the hard word get its fruits
    what!?!

=-=-=-=-=-

what!?!

=-=-=-=-=-
    What part of Jedito's post did you not understand, Soskel?

Vito

No problem Vito, obviously Soskel have some problems with me (not only based on this post), but I have choose to ignore him.

what!?!

=-=-=-=-=-
    hard word get its fruit... i think it is supposed to be hard work to get its fruits? I think soskel is referring to that

Btw +1 happy customer from downtown host please. For the past 2 week their support have help me a lot.
    Last edited by blackcrest; 04-04-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: spell downtown host wrongly :(

He meant work. Its not that hard to figure out

As for me, DTH is one of the rare hosts I can put as an example: this is the way it should be. I don't know how they worked at the begining (25 hours a day?), but they did become one of the most favourable hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon View Post
    He meant work. Its not that hard to figure out
    Yes, that's exactly what I meant typo there.

sign up with them for one month. Yes, higher cost, but you're only contracted for one month. After that, you'll know whether you want to stay or go. Should you decide to stay then sign on for 3 years and get the savings.

Paying one month to see if you like a company is (in my opinion) a very small investment in peace of mind.
    This is Edna Legume, signing off.
    Help! I'm web stupid.

Just signed up on the forums, been just watcing for a little while

DownTownHost seems great, I'm looking for a new webhost so I will probably end up trying DTH.

Is it me, my browser or link to online chat (that were available 24h on downtownhost site) is gone?
    Does it mean that downtownhost closed chatting room for their customers?
    It was pretty hot when you can contact support through chat system for any issue. Now it is gonna and it mean delay in answering of any issue.

Is it me, my browser or link to online chat (that were available 24h on downtownhost site) is gone?
    The live chat button, if that's what you're talking about, is there, on the left column.

Clear cache? Try another browser?

It's disappeared for me a few times this week, too. It isn't gone for too long, though. It seems to be an intermittant thing. Weird.

I can see that button right now :-|

Quote Originally Posted by RossMAN View Post
    HTTPme now or in the past? I haven't seen any reviews for a while.

They seem a little pricey these days...and Aussie Bob I think has moved on and doing good things with Dotable.

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    You must be kidding, right?

Every other thread these days is a praise thread for DTH, hard to miss them. Please do a search, you'll see lots.

Vito
    yep and some customers are overly enthusiastic about them.