Does the country of the Host matters?

If I take up a host from US but use the website for transactions within Singapore, does it matter in any way?

I mean will it be more advisable for me to take up a Singapore based Host?

I think that the issue is generally more profound where you are hosting from a country with a bad reputation, for example it would be bad practice to use a Russian server for taking payments in the U.S. However, for Singapore via the U.S. I can't see a big issue.

The only other issue would be your latency. As good as the global internet is designed, it still takes a long time to send data half way around the world, so I would expect your site to be much slower than a locally hosted one, though this is something where you could start off and see how it goes, and if costumers say that loading time is a problem you can switch over to local hosting.

Does anyone has a good hosting experience with any Singapore based hosting company? Tnks.

I've read some reviews before that offshore webhosting companies are really competitive not only in quality of service but also in price.

Singapore Web Hosting Talk

http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com/

million2b, I think that it is doesn't metter. I agree with CrazyPenguin - check their local forums also. But as far as I know their web hosting is little bit more expensive then US.
    And not as rich choice as in US. I'm sure your choice would be based on the budget.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.