Tucows Reseller Problem

If I have a problem with a Tucows reseller (e.g. not releasing authcode), where and to whom can I complain effectively? I called Tucows and was told to send an e-mail to [email protected], but have not received any response to that message.

Does anyone know if there are any channels for lodging a complaint, short of approaching ICANN directly? Presumably, ICANN could not care less about individual domains?

If you can't get hold of the reseller. Call TuCows again and follow up on your email.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2 View Post
    If you can't get hold of the reseller. Call TuCows again and follow up on your email.
    Wish I could! TuCows only has an automated systen which gives out the e-mail address I quoted earlier.

So any other ideas?

Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Has the reseller actually replied to your requests? All they have to do is click on a a link in the the control panel to send you the Auth Code.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

The message to compliance was sent more than 24 hours ago and no, the reseller has not replied.

If 24+ hours is not enough for Tucows to even send an automated acknowledgment, then perhaps my expectations are out of whack!

PS. On another unrelated issue concerning Tucows, they have a site from where you can get the exact reseller details sent to you (if you have been silly enough to have forgotten or not updated your records). However, this service does not seem to work even though the system generates an autoresponse indicating that the information has beeen sent by e-mail; if you have a domain registered with Tucows, you can test it out!
    Last edited by wbengal; 03-31-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Added Postscript

Well if it all fails then give http://discuss.tucows.com a go. I know OpenSRS reads those forums

http://discuss.tucows.com/pnews/inde...omains.general

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Quote Originally Posted by wbengal
    The message to compliance was sent more than 24 hours ago and no, the reseller has not replied.

If 24+ hours is not enough for Tucows to even send an automated acknowledgment, then perhaps my expectations are out of whack!
    It's the long Easter weekend. So maybe they are
    Signature Under Construction.

In most programs you can get a code without having to call or email anyone. strange business tactics I must say.
    EZHostz.Biz (Established in 2003) a DotJunction.Com Company.
    EZHostz.Biz <-> Reseller Info Domain Name Sales, WebHosting, Email Only Hosting, & Much More.
    Providers of Directi & Enom Reseller Accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by wbengal View Post
    As a non-client, I don't think you should expect a 24 hours turnaround; moreover, I'm not sure they actually have an 'automated acknowledgment" with that compliance email, which by the way is not exactly necessary.

Their normal procedure would be to forward your complaint to that reseller and ask them to follow up AND report back. But then it apparently takes a little more time: how many HOURS do you think they (Tucows) would give their reseller to respond? 6? 12? Even 48 hours would be like an ultimatum, for God's sake!
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Quote Originally Posted by ebay-nut View Post
    In most programs you can get a code without having to call or email anyone. strange business tactics I must say.
    Tucows END-USER control panel actually allows retreival (and even modification) of auth code; HOWEVER, it's up to individual resellers to configure whether to pass along this function to their clients.

I'm in a similar situation, I want to get access to a domain that it's from one customer who bought to one company and now this company are out of bussiness. About 5 emails/faxes sent to tucows with only stupid replies.
    honesting.es honest european provider

wbengal:

Did you get this resolved? If not, email me at jkoole at tucows.com and I'll follow-up with the Compliance team.

James from Tucows

ok, let's try so!
    honesting.es honest european provider