A question about bandwidth

Alright so there is this cool software in which in seconds you can make someone view and download contnt on your computer!

so the ip/foldername/file

and what im planning to do is i have a script which can secure the file "link" and make it something like

mywebsite.com/index.php?downloadid=13

and stuff like that so they can't know where they are downloading it from..

If they download like that will the bandwidth go from my hosting account or no bandwidth will be apparantly used?

and is this legal? bby the way i am going to share cricket video files [cricket is a game like soccer,baseball etc[

This should be legal. Bandwidth will still be consumed the same way, your link will just be hidden that's all.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

but they arent downloading from my server are they???

like its my ip where they are downloading from!

By the way

Does this link work for anyone? If so please download and see the speed and let me know

http://192.168.1.101/%5BCricDownload...D+MCG+2007.mp4

No it will not work. 192.168.XXX.XXX is an established private reserved net.

To your other question, if your link is just a pointer to someone else's network, then the person clicking the link will be using BW from the other guy's network.

That won't work if their downloading from your computer. The only way it'll work is if you have a home server setup. I would recommend looking for a shared host instead of trying to have people download from your home.
    99% Uptime!

Quote Originally Posted by Rageki-John View Post
    That won't work if their downloading from your computer. The only way it'll work is if you have a home server setup. I would recommend looking for a shared host instead of trying to have people download from your home.
    In addition to this, you may wish to check with your ISP prior to setting this up. Many ISPs do not allow servers to be run on your home internet connection and may terminate your service if you're found to be doing this with disregard to their Terms of Service.

Quote Originally Posted by miakeru View Post
    In addition to this, you may wish to check with your ISP prior to setting this up. Many ISPs do not allow servers to be run on your home internet connection and may terminate your service if you're found to be doing this with disregard to their Terms of Service.
    Plus, I remember he stated in another thread that his upload speed is extremely slow. That means that the speed his users download at will be extremely slow as well since they're using his upload as their download. Honestly, I give up on trying to help you koolfire. I've told you that your home server is gonna be extremely slow if you have a bad upload and that your better off with a shared host. I never told you to go get a dedicated server.
    99% Uptime!

Plus, I remember he stated in another thread that his upload speed is extremely slow. That means that the speed his users download at will be extremely slow as well since they're using his upload as their download. Honestly, I give up on trying to help you koolfire. I've told you that your home server is gonna be extremely slow if you have a bad upload and that your better off with a shared host. I never told you to go get a dedicated server.
    but i just want 1 way to share files nice and fast where i can upload them fast too!

like any script that when you upload they are stored on x folder [in the speed of copy-pasting files to ftp]

i do not want to make ftp accounts for every user that registers so that they can upload etc

Quote Originally Posted by koolfire View Post
    but i just want 1 way to share files nice and fast where i can upload them fast too!

like any script that when you upload they are stored on x folder [in the speed of copy-pasting files to ftp]

i do not want to make ftp accounts for every user that registers so that they can upload etc
    You want people to upload to your home server? That is EXTREMELY dangerous because they can hack into your home network. Home network routers are never as secure at datacenter routers. I understand if your trying to share your own files but having people upload to your home server is just way too dangerous.
    99% Uptime!

You want people to upload to your home server? That is EXTREMELY dangerous because they can hack into your home network. Home network routers are never as secure at datacenter routers. I understand if your trying to share your own files but having people upload to your home server is just way too dangerous.
    check this website out mate.

http://www.wfshome.com/

Thats the thing i am using it doesnt look to dangerious for me because you are just "sharing" 1 folder and people will upload to there own IP