Vanilla or PunBB

I need a minimalistic forum thats very easy to use, looks nice, and can be styled with HTML/CSS knowledge not a forum that requires you to learn the system. I have narrowed it down to these two. I have used both of them before but not long enough to make a real decision. What do the WHT users think?

Anyone

It depends on what type of forum system you like. PunBB is more traditional in terms of its structure.

Vanilla 100%!! it rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    It depends on what type of forum system you like. PunBB is more traditional in terms of its structure.
    I've been to your site and have seen that it runs PunBB. As an admin to you find it easy to update after hacks are installed, how do you find the theme system(is it easy to work with?), how do you find the security? Thanks

And to soskel have you ever used PunBB to compare and if so what are the advantages of Vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Patti View Post
    I've been to your site and have seen that it runs PunBB. As an admin to you find it easy to update after hacks are installed, how do you find the theme system(is it easy to work with?), how do you find the security? Thanks
    At the moment, PunBB is not the best at managing hacks. If you plan on adding mods to your forum, I'd either wait for PunBB 1.3 to be released or go to another forum system. That's one of the current drawbacks of PunBB, which should hopefully be resolved by 1.3. The theme system is relatively easy to work with, but not as flexible as some other forum software. Security, from what I've seen, has been pretty good.

phpBB all the way.

That wasn't what I asked.

PunBB is more active in development and 1.3 is really exciting in term of features and extendability. If you can wait for some time then go for PunBB 1.3.
    I actually started one of my forum in Vanilla but eventually moved to PunBB 1.3 (beta) with new Portal extension. Its not very active and fully live yet though.
    Cheers,
    Sivanandhan, P. (a.k.a. apsivam)
    My Blog Site

Thanks for the advice.

Vanilla is very pleasant, albeit not as easy to navigate as traditional forums. Depending on the nature of the forum, I would be inclined towards Vanilla.

punbb looks better and more in usage then vanilla.