Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Evening All,

I would like to know some opinions on what you would think of this scenario:

You have been with a DC for over a year, during that year you bring along much more business than they ever thought you would.

One fateful Sunday morning, one of your most mission critical servers goes off line, you call their support line only to get a voice mail system. You leave a message hoping they get on it ASAP.

An hour later and after leaving two VMs you try calling your account rep on two cell phone numbers that he gave you for such emergencys, and guess what, no return calls. Now your clients are starting to call with their own support concerns.

Guess what, the appreciative account rep is also AWOL at 10AM on Sunday morning.

Finally in a fit of resourcefulness you call a non public internal number and get an overworked DC tech who says they have been backed up and will get on your server as soon as he can.

Things come back online and life gets back to normal.

This whole incident caused TWO WHOLE HOURS OF UNNECESSARY DOWN TIME!!!!

Meanwhile, a day, two days, heck A WEEK goes by and no call back from Mr Commission Earning Account Rep who told you several months ago to call him if you needed ANYTHING.

You notify their management and no one speaks up to take responsibility.

How would you grade such performance (A-F scale)
    TeleSouth Network Inc.
    Dedicated and Managed Servers
    11 years of Service and Support with Excellence
    http://www.telesouth1.com/dedicated.php

Response to TeleSouthNet

Please disregard any of TeleSouth Network's threads posted in regards to CaroNet.

They are attempting to smear our company's reputation due to us terminating their services because they have failed to pay a past due balance after we have provided several written and verbal notices to them.

Adam Pack
    CaroNet

Hmmmmmm,

Sounds like someone is changing the subject here.

This was about support not responding to a server down crisis. And a Commission Earning Account Manager who would not respond to TWO voice mails left on BOTH of his cell phones at 10AM on a Sunday.

Are you saying that you DID respond to those voice mails???? We sure hope you wouldn't lie about something as serious as this.

Perhaps the client in question should contact his cell phone provider about non recieved calls from you.

Where should we place the blame since we KNOW you would not lie about this Adam.

Walter, how do you always get yourself involved in the drama threads? Jeez.....

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    Walter, how do you always get yourself involved in the drama threads? Jeez.....
    There are always 3 sides to every story the client the host's and the truth , surely Walt will get this cleared up , as for Caro saying to disregard his posts, seems very unprofessional ,and defeats the purpose of this forum.
    Ceridius Networks Sales
    Email/MSN sales@ceridius.com
    Ceridius Networks - Reseller of Hivelocity Hosting
    Network Speed Test

Quote Originally Posted by TeleSouthNet View Post

Personally if it happened the only first time, and you been happy with them so far, i would give them just 1 more chance, if its second occurrence i will scram from there !! I am tolerant upto some limits, if downtime was more than 5-7 hrs i would still scram even if it was their first time . Cause i simply do not like downtimes !!

And on the (A-F) scale which letter means top level goodiness ? F or A ?

But thats just me

Good Evening All,
    One fateful Sunday morning, one of your most mission critical servers goes off line, you call their support line only to get a voice mail system. You leave a message hoping they get on it ASAP.

An hour later and after leaving two VMs you try calling your account rep on two cell phone numbers that he gave you for such emergencys, and guess what, no return calls. Now your clients are starting to call with their own support concerns.
    Hmm, comforting. I signed up for a new server with them a few weeks ago; be interesting to see what happens when we need some support.

Quote Originally Posted by Caro Pack View Post
    Please disregard any of TeleSouth Network's threads posted in regards to CaroNet.

They are attempting to smear our company's reputation due to us terminating their services because they have failed to pay a past due balance after we have provided several written and verbal notices to them.
    Could you address the issues that he brought up? Or are you saying that did not actually happen?

I too am interested in if this is true.

Caro, is what they said true?

TeleSouth,

I don't know what history they are referring to but based on this incident I would like to chat with my provider about it but would hardly be worked up about it. 2 hours of downtime is not great but is also not the end of the world.
    Pat Oneil Riley
    Security Analyst
    http://www.tacidblue.com/
    The Original Unlimited Host!

Adam Pack
    CaroNet
    Is this person even from CaroNet?
    I've seen them use another account before, yet this one says 1 post?
    Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Tacid - Pat View Post
    I don't know what history they are referring to but based on this incident I would like to chat with my provider about it but would hardly be worked up about it. 2 hours of downtime is not great but is also not the end of the world.
    Agreed. This is why you set up redundant servers at multiple physical locations / hosts to ensure that your site will stay up if it's that important.

It's also worth noting that Caro's own ToS state that there should be a SLA payment for this:

https://www.caro.net/sla.php

I'd be interested to hear if that happens.

In my opinion, this seems like one of those "Boy who cried Wolf" situations, as this mimics a similar situation with the same guy. His server(s) were terminated at GNAX, and all he could do at that point was tear into its reputation. It seems he's doing the same thing here, as if he's hoping that Caro will come along and pay his bill for him just to silence him.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Final Response to TeleSouth Network's Thread

Good Evening All,

I would like to know some opinions on what you would think of this scenario:

You have been with a DC for over a year, during that year you bring along much more business than they ever thought you would.

Guess what, the appreciative account rep is also AWOL at 10AM on Sunday morning.

Finally in a fit of resourcefulness you call a non public internal number and get an overworked DC tech who says they have been backed up and will get on your server as soon as he can.

Things come back online and life gets back to normal.

This whole incident caused TWO WHOLE HOURS OF UNNECESSARY DOWN TIME!!!!

Meanwhile, a day, two days, heck A WEEK goes by and no call back from Mr Commission Earning Account Rep who told you several months ago to call him if you needed ANYTHING.

You notify their management and no one speaks up to take responsibility.

TeleSouth Network has a history of smearing providers they have worked with after they are terminated for failure to pay a past due balance after written and verbal notice.

Feel free to search for past threads and see how TeleSouth Network used similar tactics for when they were at GNAX.

At CaroNet our service and support is excellent. Our continued growth with customers that pay their account balances speaks for itself. In going forward, we will not be replying to any further threads from TeleSouth Network.

Adam Pack
    CaroNet

Quote Originally Posted by djorgensen View Post
    Is this person even from CaroNet?
    I've seen them use another account before, yet this one says 1 post?
    Same. Was wondering about that.

TeleSouth Network has a history of smearing providers they have worked with after they are terminated for failure to pay a past due balance after written and verbal notice.

Feel free to search for past threads and see how TeleSouth Network used similar tactics for when they were at GNAX.

At CaroNet our service and support is excellent. Our continued growth with customers that pay their account balances speaks for itself. In going forward, we will not be replying to any further threads from TeleSouth Network.

Adam Pack
    CaroNet
    I know adam and I will go with his side of the story - same thing happened to us. Unfortunately Walters past history of disparaging hosts to try to damage them and get them to pay him money only discredits him. I can only imagine at this point him having any provider on this board want to give him service after back to back terminations. If I recall correctly he told us that his provider before gnax "screwed him over" - so this seems to be a serial repeat.
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    Same. Was wondering about that.
    Adam Pack sure is a member of the inside sales team at Caro.net, handles mostly colocation at all of our facilities, and not a very active forum member.

However in this case, since it was his client in question, he took point on making a response since he is the one most intimate with the situation.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask them.
    Jason Brozena
    Total Server Solutions
    - Servers - Cloud - ECommerce Hosting
    COLO@ Colocation. Perfected. Atlanta - Dallas - Phoenix
    Weehawken - Los Angeles - Chicago - Seattle - Toronto - London - Amsterdam

1. It is interesting to note that Adam has NEVER DENIED that these are the facts. He has simply tryed to deflect attention away from himself.

2. I have never asked for any payment of any kind towards an SLA.

3. I gave them an opportunity in this thread to handle the situation properly by allowing them to respond privately. Their response was silence hoping that the issue would go away.

4. I would much rather spend my time taking care of profitable matters versus exposing wrongs done by a past vendor. But the bottom line is that the public should be educated that there are pot holes on the road they might choose after seeing a Caro Advertisment.

Adam, you and your associates were given FULL ABILITY to make things right. And you know it. I was always willing to forgive if someone would take a little responsiblity and try to act like they cared about the vendor/client relationship.
    TeleSouth Network Inc.

I gave them an opportunity in this thread to handle the situation properly by allowing them to respond privately
    I would say posting here woudnt make your situation comfordable instead making it still worse.

I've been with caro.net they are truly wonderful.If you're talking about support, they're awesome!.

Try to discuss things once again I'm pretty sure you can find a solution. Caro team has been always very helpful for me.

- James!

I found this blog after trying to gather information regarding telesouth network, as they are our or were our hoster. As of Wednesday of last week 3/26 our site has been down. We have left numerous voicemails with Walter, with no return phone calls. We have lost thousands of dollars since last wednesday due to Walter's issues with Caro.net, and if it was not so horrific, the situation we were in, it would almost be comical how Walter is criticizing Caro for poor service, when he was down 2 hours and we have been down a week with absolutely no communication from him at all. We are unable to retrieve our most current database to transfer to our new hoster. We have our attorneys on it but it doesn't help right now. An innocent victim that wanted to voice the truth.

Response to TeleSouthNet

1. It is interesting to note that Adam has NEVER DENIED that these are the facts. He has simply tryed to deflect attention away from himself.

2. I have never asked for any payment of any kind towards an SLA.

3. I gave them an opportunity in this thread to handle the situation properly by allowing them to respond privately. Their response was silence hoping that the issue would go away.

4. I would much rather spend my time taking care of profitable matters versus exposing wrongs done by a past vendor. But the bottom line is that the public should be educated that there are pot holes on the road they might choose after seeing a Caro Advertisment.

Adam, you and your associates were given FULL ABILITY to make things right. And you know it. I was always willing to forgive if someone would take a little responsiblity and try to act like they cared about the vendor/client relationship.

The facts are that we fulfilled our contractual obligations to TeleSouth Network. My team was more than helpful and provided many steep discounts to them for hours of support/management that we provided. They are unappreciative and have been verbally abusive to our staff many times and continue to do so. I've told them that they can email me, but that I will no longer accept their calls because I want a paper trail of any discussions due to their unacceptable behavior.

No matter how we respond to TeleSouth Network's posts they will not stop their malicious attacks and they will continue to attempt to smear our good name any chance they get. Companies that have provided service to TeleSouth Network have called me to express their sympathy and tell me of how TeleSouth Network has attempted to smear them in the past over what appears to be very similar situations.

TeleSouth Network has sent our company threatening email messages stating that they want to hurt our company financially and want to attempt to damage our brand name in the marketplace because we terminated their services for them failing to pay their account balances for services provided to them. They will paint a picture to the world though at how they were victimized.

If anyone on the forum wants to consider whether or not TeleSouth Network has any validity in their posts, then they should view other posts they've submitted in regards to my company where they praise us then view the most current posts were they attempt to smear us.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=caro+net

In addition, they should do a Google and WHT search on TeleSouth Network for other posts. Where you will find much more TeleSouth Network Drama.

http://www.tranxactglobal.com/forum/...ad.php?p=10848

You will then see that TeleSouth Network is an emotional roller coaster that not only tries to smear us, but many other companies in the industry. They have very little if any credibility. I would not take them serious in evaluating our services or anyone else's services because of their very unstable history. However, you make the choice

CaroNet has been in business since 1995. Our data centers, customer base, and growth, are all indications that we are doing the right things with the right staff.

I apologize for TeleSouth Network wasting your time with these posts, but thought this was necessary to say in order to provide the forum members with a basis for them to make their own conclusions.

Adam, Why don't you lie and say that you didn't ignore our voice mails during a two hour outage on Sunday 03/02/08.

See you are still not denying. At least you are not a liar. I will give you credit there.

Quote Originally Posted by victimoftelelsouth View Post
    I found this blog after trying to gather information regarding telesouth network, as they are our or were our hoster. As of Wednesday of last week 3/26 our site has been down. We have left numerous voicemails with Walter, with no return phone calls. We have lost thousands of dollars since last wednesday due to Walter's issues with Caro.net, and if it was not so horrific, the situation we were in, it would almost be comical how Walter is criticizing Caro for poor service, when he was down 2 hours and we have been down a week with absolutely no communication from him at all. We are unable to retrieve our most current database to transfer to our new hoster. We have our attorneys on it but it doesn't help right now. An innocent victim that wanted to voice the truth.
    What domain do you or did you have with Telesouth?
    Pat Oneil Riley
    Security Analyst

Adam, Why don't you lie and say that you didn't ignore our voice mails during a two hour outage on Sunday 03/02/08.

See you are still not denying. At least you are not a liar. I will give you credit there.
    Good stuff.

A question for you then, since he is not lying. Were you terminated for non payment of service? To be even more precise:

1) Did you leave Caro or did they ask you to leave?

2) Do you have an outstanding balance with them?

3) Did you have an outstanding balance with them when you parted ways?

Normally these are questions that I wouldn't ask but since you have brought this to the court of public opinion and have given your side of the story without denying theirs, I am curious.
    Pat Oneil Riley
    Security Analyst

Pat,

Thanks for your intelligent questions. I will provide answers below:

Quote Originally Posted by Tacid - Pat View Post
    Good stuff.

A question for you then, since he is not lying. Were you terminated for non payment of service? To be even more precise:

1) Did you leave Caro or did they ask you to leave?

We were turned off suddenly at 12 midnight on the 27th. We had been engaged in good faith negotiations for the past 2 weeks regarding disputed tech labor tickets that were grossly over budget and had balances that were never shown nor prior approved on quotes before starting work.

As an act of good faith, we had paid our colocation bill and bandwidth bill up through 03/31/08 IN FULL.

I never ever expected them to simply pull the plug on 3/27/08.

The fact of the matter is that we placed a lot of trust in Caro Net and I had expected that a solution would have been offered by them. Or they would have accepted one of the solutions I had offered.

Normally these are questions that I wouldn't ask but since you have brought this to the court of public opinion and have given your side of the story without denying theirs, I am curious.
    TeleSouth Network Inc.

Interesting how silent everyone gets when they find out the facts:

"As an act of good faith, we had paid our colocation bill and bandwidth bill up through 03/31/08 IN FULL."

Interesting how silent everyone gets when they find out the facts:

"As an act of good faith, we had paid our colocation bill and bandwidth bill up through 03/31/08 IN FULL."
    Walter,

Nobody is silent because of the 'facts' people are silent because they are just tired of seeing drama from you, take it off the forums.

Actually neither. I am just waiting on a response from Caro now. They seemed to suggest that it was a payment issue. If that is not the case then what was the issue?
    Can't we all just get along

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    Actually neither. I am just waiting on a response from Caro now. They seemed to suggest that it was a payment issue. If that is not the case then what was the issue?
    I'm interested in knowing as well, considering we were considering placing a large order with them. Hopefully this will all turn out okay.
    Current Status: Coming up with ideas for a new SaaS.

I am on 2 different servers at Caro through an Aussie company and have been for 2 years. The service, hardware and uptime has always been excellent.
    Great Host = WiredTree.com Managed VPS Hosting

Yep, I agree with 1boss1,

We've been caro, I Strongly suggest them. They've been excellent. Whether its support or billing or sales it dosent matter, but they are really good.

caro's sales rep, Robert has been very helpful. I'd say if you're looking to go with them, I'd say go with them. Caro is one of the best companies i've seen for people who care about their business.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    I think it was caro's opinion that the OP's refusal to pay for technicians' time working on his equipment. As a result, they suspended the account for non-payment. I find it unusual they suspended the account prior to the end of the paid period.

There is a big difference between "Refusal to Pay" and "Disputing Invoice Balances".

There was never any refusal to pay. Ever!! And the hosting bill was paid in full in order to allow ample time for negotiating a solution.

I agree with two previous posters in that Caro is very good in certain areas. And they have some excellent people working there.

However, they made some mistakes that cost everyone and created a LOSE/LOSE outcome.

And if you notice, they are now being very silent here.
    TeleSouth Network Inc.

i don't know TeleSouthNet but after more then 1 year dealing with caro i would advice everyone to run a way of them
    bad support
    bad network
    every other week your server is down as their network under attack
    they promise to provide 2hr hardware change and you will end up with 24hr
    sales are great when they want you as a customer after you get the server they don't care what you want
    every month we have power off as the power supply is broken
    every day you will find your self in new story with them they even reload your server with out request as the server has kernel panic they don't care about your data at the end of the month the open their mouth to get money
    this month i would say bye bye caro no more westing money with kids
    Murabba.com ... one of the leaders providing web service in Arab Region..
    http://murabba.com

Quote Originally Posted by HiVelocity View Post
    There are always 3 sides to every story the client the host's and the truth , surely Walt will get this cleared up , as for Caro saying to disregard his posts, seems very unprofessional ,and defeats the purpose of this forum.
    Very well said....
    Stop With The Spam
    Right On

Ok Adam, Tell me what you think of this (and I will be posting it all in my own thread)..

Your Sales rep comes to you pressuring you to pick 15 servers that you think you can sell in 1 month, for each of them you get 15 for free.. Low and behold, they charge you for the 15 initial servers that you made VERY clear to have them in stand by.. Then the bill comes back around and they charge you for all 30.

What about the so called DDOS Protection? Why would an invoice for DDOS Overages stay on the account for over 2 months?

What about transferring servers OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT INTO A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT WITH NO AUTHORIZATION FOR IT?!?

What about Caro turning off EVERY ONE OF YOUR SERVERS (PAID UP TO DATE SERVERS)?

There is a big difference between "Refusal to Pay" and "Disputing Invoice Balances".

There was never any refusal to pay. Ever!! And the hosting bill was paid in full in order to allow ample time for negotiating a solution.

I agree with two previous posters in that Caro is very good in certain areas. And they have some excellent people working there.

However, they made some mistakes that cost everyone and created a LOSE/LOSE outcome.

And if you notice, they are now being very silent here.
    I am SOO GLAD I am not the only one with Caro's problem of failure to fix / correct invoices.. It takes them a month (on the good side) to fix an invoice and before its fix they complain about me not paying them..

It would appear that the people from Caro are being very quiet again. And this time their defenders are as well. I wonder why.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by platinumn23 View Post
    Ok Adam, Tell me what you think of this (and I will be posting it all in my own thread)..

Your Sales rep comes to you pressuring you to pick 15 servers that you think you can sell in 1 month, for each of them you get 15 for free.. Low and behold, they charge you for the 15 initial servers that you made VERY clear to have them in stand by.. Then the bill comes back around and they charge you for all 30.

What about the so called DDOS Protection? Why would an invoice for DDOS Overages stay on the account for over 2 months?

What about transferring servers OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT INTO A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT WITH NO AUTHORIZATION FOR IT?!?

What about Caro turning off EVERY ONE OF YOUR SERVERS (PAID UP TO DATE SERVERS)?
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumn23 View Post
    I am SOO GLAD I am not the only one with Caro's problem of failure to fix / correct invoices.. It takes them a month (on the good side) to fix an invoice and before its fix they complain about me not paying them..
    Although my experiences with Caro hasnt been 100% perfect (who's are anyways?), I can say that when I needed to get things done, they got it done.

Although, I have dropped the ball a few times on our account, Caro has bent over backwards several times to help us out and for that I am very thankful for.

I do apologize to both Caro for the above 2 posts. They were uncalled for and were out of a short burst of anger. Hopefully, they can forgive me for it.

It would appear that the people from Caro are being very quiet again. And this time their defenders are as well. I wonder why.
    Because people are not interested in playing petty games.
    Ryan G.
    Owner
    Umgardi.ca

Exactly Echelon, something of the things being thrown around on this topic is just childish and really doesn't really deserve a reply.
    TM Hosting
    http://www.tmhosting.net
    DDOS Firewalled Dedicated Servers
    Offering Semi-Managed services since 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast