Who's the Best...and why?

I had a helluva time trying to find the end all be all solution for a medium sized host to handle a large forum and high bandwidth requirement. Eventually, I found it with alwayswebhosting. The question is, in your time of searching for the right host, who did you feel was the best, and why?

Please let's keep this set only to customers, and not to hosting owners This could probably be a really good guide to those looking for a host.

- John

PS: I won't post until after a few more have posted in this thread, don't want to seem like I am trying to canvas here

<edited because hooked on phonics doesn't work for me>

If you have a large forum and BW requirement, you should opt for a dedicated server i guess. If you need shared hosting and money is no prob then i suppose you should opt for verio.com, mediatemple etc...

Yeah, I was hoping on compiling a list of hosts that fall right under the dedicated server requirement. Honestly, if I run out of room on my current account, I plan on going with a dedicated unit.

This forum is hosted by RackShack..may be it can help you out..

I think you are a bit confused. I would like everyone to post who they think is the best, and why.

I'd rather have a testomonial or too, rather than a list.

Well if your looking for high bandwidth I suggest Rackshack. I just had a forum that was pushing about 80gb a month switch over to a RS server and they seem to be happy.. You just need to know a little bit about linux and security which there are plenty of how-tos on the RS forums to help you with it.. And remember if something looks too good to be true it prob is.. if you find a host that offers 5gb space and 70gb of bw for $6.99 a month dont even bother wasting your time because you are just going to get more headaches when they boot you for using too much bandwidth for whatever reason they make up and then your back to square one..

That's the same point I was making earlier.

I found myself to be quite happy with AlwaysWebHosting.com Their service is amazing and their support is even better.

It's ironic. A few years ago, I would fight tooth and nail just to get away from a stupid banner ad. Now, I am so supportive of AWH, I put one up on my site, by my own volition.

I've never been happier. I just wish more people knew about the better services out there like this.

This is all I could see on that site - banner and all! :-)
    Speed-Street.com is still closed. The site will be online Monday, August 26th. Please check back then.
    S.K
    S.K, ahead of his time!
    Cause something to change; you are not here for ever!

lol...the site is still in development. But I'm running an adserver since i also have several other companies interested in advertising with me.

AWH has advertising with me for free....for now

Originally posted by SpeedStreet
    lol...the site is still in development. But I'm running an adserver since i also have several other companies interested in advertising with me.

AWH has advertising with me for free....for now
    Wahoo!
    Ronnie T. Moore, Founder/Owner
    AlwaysWebHosting.com Friendly, feature-packed Cpanel hosting, that can't be beat!
    cPanel 11 Fantastico Multiple-Domain hosting (Host up to 25 domains with one account!)
    Sales/Support via phone, email, help desk, forums, FAQ's, instant messenger, live chat