* Domain forwarding, nameservers, ...etc

Hi
    I've a domain name with a .com extension, let's give it a name www.domain.com; I've got the same ID/domain name with the extension .info, .net, .org. So I have the following (www.domain.com - www.domain.net - www.domain.org - www.domain.info). I will use the www.domain.com as my default or a main domain and I want to let any one go to the .info, .org, .net to be directed to the .com website, so I made the nameservers for the 4 websites the same, and forwarded the .info, .org, .net domains 301 Moved Permanently to the .com domain name and inserted the .com domain name in the Forward To field. So is it correct what I did or there is something more better.
    Thanks

It would be far easier just editing the dns's for the other domains to point to the same dns as the .com domain and park the other domains beside the .com using the cpanel parked domains function.

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

You mean that it is not right what I did so far or it could be another way the method you mentioned?
    Also I've found something on google that is advised not to use the dns issue because in case the dns for the server or website is down it will result that ll goes down,
    Please advise.
    Thanks

mate....

If the server goes down then it won't matter how you point the domains and to whatever domain. If the server goes down all will go down regardless....even the .com domain.

Have a bit more faith in your provider.

Point your other domains to point to the same dns settings as your .com domain, then go into cpanel and park them using the cpanel function.

http://www.cpanel.net/media/tutorials/parked.htm

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    mate....
    Point your other domains to point to the same dns settings as your .com domain, then go into cpanel and park them using the cpanel function.
    http://www.cpanel.net/media/tutorials/parked.htm

owm
    So is it just to add the .org, .info, and .net as parked domains then I am done?