Reverse IP domain check

Hello,

I am building a little public looking glass, as I am implementing a BGP internet access, so I have added some cool tools such as :

- Ping
    - Traceroute
    - Whois
    - Speedtest
    - IP locator

But I did wonder, how does reverse IP domain check works. Those system query and IP and find what other website are being found ?

I wonder if anybody can help me to find a PHP/perl/sh/library source code, or even the system command to run to find such information.

I mean such as this : http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/we...on-web-server/

Thanks in advance

To find the reverse dns of an IP, run the following command.

nslookup IP
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Actually, it's not the reverse, but to know how many hosts are hosted on an IP address.

Take a look at : http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/we...on-web-server/

Iam also looking for this.

Thanks
    Kanagaraj

A reverse IP domain check takes a domain name or IP address pointing to a web server and searches for other sites known to be hosted on that same web server. Data is gathered from search engine results, which are not guaranteed to be complete. Knowing the other web sites hosted on a web server is important from both an SEO and web filtering perspective, particularly for those on shared web hosting plans. Less about this tool.
    I'm not sure exactly how they go about getting their data but I would assume if you got a copy of all the domains and then then figured out the IP address for each domain using DNS you could run queries against the database.
    Common sense is not so common.

"Reverse IP" is a poorly worded term on their site. It says right on the site how it gets it's results:

"A reverse IP domain check takes a domain name or IP address pointing to a web server and searches for other sites known to be hosted on that same web server. Data is gathered from search engine results, which are not guaranteed to be complete."

You could easily check DNS records as well (this would make more sense), along with things like search engine results, name servers, etc. There might be an existing script, but you might have to roll your own out, which shouldn't be a big deal or anything difficult. It's not going to be really accurate, but it's something.