Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft

A not-so-common domain was to expire recently & I was waiting for it be back in the available pool by directI (since the name is a very uncommon one) - but when I checked recently, its already been booked by some organization named "Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft".

Is there any way to get that domain from Aktien Gesellschaft ?

Thanks

Probably not. They got in there before you, so unless you have intellectual property rights in the name there is nothing you can do. It's first come first served, so you're out of luck.

BTW, Aktien Gesellschaft (usually abbreviated to AG) is the German equivalent of "Limited" in a British company name or "Inc" in a US one - so the name of the company is "Private Registrations". Looks like a provider of privacy protection services to me.

I checked out "Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft" - they're a reseller of DirectI (resellerclub) :
    http://doma82587.myorderbox.com/serv...ashPageServlet

They own 14,000+ domains. I cant seem to locate any homepage of theirs - no hosting, etc. So what are they into ? Buying domains alone ?

Quote Originally Posted by anjanesh View Post
    A not-so-common domain was to expire recently & I was waiting for it be back in the available pool by directI (since the name is a very uncommon one) - but when I checked recently, its already been booked by some organization named "Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft".

Thanks
    Hi, what wasthe domain, as its gone already, give me the domain by PM if you want and ill check something.

Chris
    NetEarth One
    ICANN Accredited Registrar, http://reseller.netearthone.com
    SSLReseller - WHMCS SSL module now released into BETA www.sslreseller.com
    Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!

Found a bunch of domains they have. All have parked pages.
    Last edited by RajanUrs; 03-30-2008 at 04:06 PM.

i think reseller club (directi) have started to take the expired names ...

cause we thought a domain will come for re-registration and it didnt ...

record shows -- client had the domain till 2007 ... and missed renewal ..

if it had been registered or back ordered ..

creation date should be 2007 / or 2008 / how come 2003

ICANN Registrar: ANSWERABLE.COM (I) PVT. LTD. Created: 2003-02-18 Expires: 2009-02-18
    david .c
    web hosting india , www.easy2host.in
    windows , linux -- webhosting / reseller hosting

Hi Anjanesh,

Looking at WHOIS, I doubt the domain ever became publically available:

Domain Name:**********.CO.IN
    Created On:16-Feb-2005 06:39:25 UTC
    Last Updated On:28-Mar-2008 06:16:24 UTC
    Expiration Date:16-Feb-2009 06:39:25 UTC

Look at the Creation date

It was taken before it was released.

Chris
    NetEarth One

Quote Originally Posted by sanudeep View Post
    i think reseller club (directi) have started to take the expired names ...

cause we thought a domain will come for re-registration and it didnt ...

record shows -- client had the domain till 2007 ... and missed renewal ..

if it had been registered or back ordered ..

creation date should be 2007 / or 2008 / how come 2003

ICANN Registrar: ANSWERABLE.COM (I) PVT. LTD. Created: 2003-02-18 Expires: 2009-02-18

Answerable is a registrar owned by Directi and or its directors if anyone didnt know.

Chris
    NetEarth One

It was taken before it was released
    I was monitoring this for a while - the owner was someone else. I remember that pretty clearly.
    When it expired, I was waiting for it to be in redemption period & finally back in the available pool.

So is it possible that the original owner didnt renew & the domain from he bought it from (Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft) has auto-renewed it under its behalf ?

So is it possible that the original owner didnt renew & the domain from he bought it from (Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft) has auto-renewed it under its behalf ?
    According to www.domaindetectives.net "Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft" is related to DirectI (I read through there investigations and think there are some glitches in there argumentation but it's possible).

As they put all expired domains on parking pages (as most other registrars do as well) they can calculate the income for the domain. Looks like in that case the income was high enough and they didn't sent the domain into redemption and kept it for them self.

Thats bad news ! If its true, then its almost impossible for directI to give it up.

My advice is don't visit that domain, don't query whois or availability through any logicboxes system, rather use domaintools to check whois, for availability use godaddy or enom.

Usually they keep it for few days (may be 5), and if they see there is no traffic and no query, they release the domain, I have been able to reclaim few domains for clients like this.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Usually they keep it for few days (may be 5), and if they see there is no traffic and no query, they release the domain, I have been able to reclaim few domains for clients like this.
    In this case it's not a domain which dropped. As the domain was with them before they could monitor the traffic during the expiry period.

But your advise is good and that should count for all: if you want an expired domain don't visit it.

Hello, i'm from Germany and registered a domain at 28. September 2008. It all was ok and i made a redirect to a parkingpage of sedo.de while i made the content for the site complete. 3 or 4 days later now the site is not reachable and if i look the whois shows me another admin-c and the status PENDING DELETE RESTORABLE.
    The new owner is the PrivateRegistratiosAktienGesellschaft" too. how can this be ??? i used this domains 3 or 4 days and all was ok and then there is this new owner ??? what can i do ??
    thanks and greetings patrick

With whom did you register the domain? It doesn't look like you ever successfully registered the domain. A domain can only be in Pending Delete Restorable status after the domain got deleted after an auto-renew.
    I guess your problem is the registration part that you have to wonder how that can be.

Hello, i registerd the domain by a big provider in germnay. by this provider i have a virtual server since about 3 years and about 30 different domains. i used this domain about 3 or 4 days without any problem, so i think that the registration process was successfull. in the providers control panel show me even today that the domain would be mine. but since yesterday i can't reach the site anymore. the whois ow shows another owner (PrivateRegistrationsAktienGesellschaft)
    i think that if i could use this domain 4 days without problems the registration process had to been successfull or not ?
    thanks and greetings patrick

"PrivateRegistrationsAktienGesellschaft" means it's Privacy Protected so WHOIS will not show your name and details, have you opted for privacy while booking the domain?

Contact your domain provider and inform them about this issue ASAP and let us know what they have to say.

Hello, i made a support ticket yesterday, where they told me in their domaininterface all would be ok, i would be the owner and the handles are correct. why the whois says other, they don't know. they told me to ask by the registrar, which is shown in the whois. i sent them a mail since about 6 or 7 hours, but i'm not very hopefull that this will be answered. is it not the thing of my provider to check what is the problem ?

What extension does the domain have? Can you post the whole whois output from the registry (not registrar) here (you can blank out the domain name if you don't want to publish)?

Here's the whois :

Domain ID:xxxxxx
    Domain Name:xxxxx.INFO
    Created On:30-Sep-2008 05:23:06 UTC
    Last Updated On:02-Oct-2008 23:16:32 UTC
    Expiration Date:30-Sep-2009 05:23:06 UTC
    Sponsoring Registrarirecti Internet Solutions Pvt. Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com (R159-LRMS)
    StatusENDING DELETE RESTORABLE
    Registrant IDI_2829821
    Registrant Nameomain Admin
    Registrant Organizationrivate Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft
    Registrant Street1:CNR of Granby & Sharpe St
    Registrant Street2uite K2134
    Registrant Street3:
    Registrant City:Kingstown
    Registrant State/Province:Not Applicable
    Registrant Postal Code:Kingstown
    Registrant Country:VC
    Registrant Phone:+55.5430545527
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant FAX:
    Registrant FAX Ext:
    Registrant Email:[email protected]
    Admin IDI_2829821
    Admin Nameomain Admin
    Admin Organizationrivate Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft
    Admin Street1:CNR of Granby & Sharpe St
    Admin Street2uite K2134
    Admin Street3:
    Admin City:Kingstown
    Admin State/Province:Not Applicable
    Admin Postal Code:Kingstown
    Admin Country:VC
    Admin Phone:+55.5430545527
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin FAX:
    Admin FAX Ext:
    Admin Email:[email protected]
    Last edited by patcash; 10-06-2008 at 03:52 AM.

Sorry, i had to split the message in 2 posts, because the system says me, that i used more than 10 images in this post.

Billing IDI_2829821
    Billing Nameomain Admin
    Billing Organizationrivate Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft
    Billing Street1:CNR of Granby & Sharpe St
    Billing Street2uite K2134
    Billing Street3:
    Billing City:Kingstown
    Billing State/Province:Not Applicable
    Billing Postal Code:Kingstown
    Billing Country:VC
    Billing Phone:+55.5430545527
    Billing Phone Ext:
    Billing FAX:
    Billing FAX Ext:
    Billing Email:[email protected]
    Tech IDI_2829821
    Tech Nameomain Admin
    Tech Organizationrivate Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft
    Tech Street1:CNR of Granby & Sharpe St
    Tech Street2uite K2134
    Tech Street3:
    Tech City:Kingstown
    Tech State/Province:Not Applicable
    Tech Postal Code:Kingstown
    Tech Country:VC
    Tech Phone:+55.5430545527
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech FAX:
    Tech FAX Ext:
    Tech Email:[email protected]
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:
    Name Server:

I registered the domain at 28-Sep-2008, two days before creation-date i the whois

So here the Registrar is PublicDomainRegistry.com, may be your provider is a reseller of ResellerClub a DiretI company.

Now, can you login to your domain management area, if yes, what do you see there as contact details, are the details your. Further you will see a button for Privacy Protection, click on it and remove privacy, then see the WHOIS.

Apart from above you should also contact http://publicdomainregistry.com & http://www.resellerclub.com about this ( PENDING DELETE RESTORABLE ) issue.

The Problem is, that in the domain-mangement are my contact details and Status is active. The Handles are correct but since 2 days i can't reach the domain. The Providers says in a first answer that maybe the registry is hacked ??

Answerable.com, is a retail arm of Directi, as acknowledged by resellerclub support team.

We have been in similar situation when one of our customer forgot to renew his domain.

What bothers me is, if a domain is on back order, it keeps the original creation date when transferred to a new owner.

This is very deceptive to those who who take creation date as one of criterion to judge credibility of a company
    Atul Kumar, CEO/Founder - JodoHost.com
    ASP.NET, SQLServer 2012, Plesk, H-Sphere & more!
    Windows 2008, CentOS6, VPS Hosting in the cloud!
    Thousands of Satisifed Customers! Be one of them

Quote Originally Posted by patcash View Post
    The Problem is, that in the domain-mangement are my contact details and Status is active. The Handles are correct but since 2 days i can't reach the domain. The Providers says in a first answer that maybe the registry is hacked ??
    See if Privacy is enabled, disable it. Then go to modify nameservers and place proper name servers there, also change the password of your account.

The Problem is that in the domain management from my provider everything is fine. nameserver, handle, everything. the whois says different. 2 days before my site was up and without changes suddenly the site was down and the whois is different. the details from providers domain management and from the whois are different. i've never seen such a thing before...

Is your domain management login interface is something like this http://cp.onlyfordemo.net or like this http://www.answerable.com

it's the panel from my german provider server4u.de and he self don't know where is the problem, because in his managementis everything fine.

What could have happened:
    - The domain never got registered for you and you just thought it worked
    - The domain got registered for you but the registrar deleted the domain again and answerable registered the domain.

You say you registered the domain two days before the current create date. So the problem has to be with your current registrar. Not sure who server4u uses as registrar.

Btw: When you read a little bit in this forum you will always find that it's the best to not have your domains from the same company as you have your hosing. I would suggest you do that in the future as well.

Now I would contact your host again and they have to resolve that, not much you can do about that.

The Domain worked well and i can see the incoming traffic in serverlogs. If i typed in the domain-name then i came to my content but over night the site was not reachable.

In that case your registrar deleted the domain and the new one immediately registered it after it dropped from the registry. Ask for a refund for your domain.

Thanks
    I used 3 different services to backorder a domain which has expired recently. Few days later i see the domain expired date has changed and the new registrant is Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft. However on whois.sc it still say Status:RENEWAL HOLD.

I've been trying to contact Private Registrations Aktien Gesellschaft through phone or email but neither is working.

Any ideas whats happening? How can they register a domain before it has been deleted unless they were the original owners? Any way to contact them? This is a quite a mystery.