* LOOKING FOR SHARED HOSTING URGENT

Hi I am looking for Hosting if any body know good hosting let me know my old hosting said my site is very heavy ( alot traffic) they cant host on shared server. <<snipped>> but i tell u before everything after that please dont say me any thing Thanks

LOOKING FOR
    Space:- 1 gb
    bandwith:- 800 gb
    BUDGET AROUND 10 DOLLAR
    Last edited by bear; 03-29-2008 at 05:15 PM.

Go to google and search for overselling and you would get a lot of hosts with that package. I think there are people who sell TB bandwidth for $6 so not much to worry.

Check the web hosting offers section in this forum I am sure there are lots of hosts that can accommodate your needs.

You can't really expect 800gb of transfer for 10 dollars, its just unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Patti View Post
    You can't really expect 800gb of transfer for 10 dollars, its just unreal.

Nope mate, DreamHost provides more than it for less money. Its realistic.

What kind of content (static vs dynamic) is being served? That's what really is going to decide whether or not you can use what an overselling shared host can give you (CPU/RAM load).

Have you thought about going with a VPS or dedicated?
    DILIGENThost.com, Canadian hosting based on high-availability w/ 24/7 bilingual (French) support & 100% uptime -> Toll free phone support
    cPanel/WHM 11 + Fantastico, PHP4&5, Private nameservers, Unlimited domains & features, Self Serve DNS...Shared / Reseller / VPS / Dedicated | Webmasters-Inside.com - Come join our new webmaster forum!

dreamhost is known for being able to handle large bandwidth sites such as yours. And they fit your budget!
    I'm currently hosting with: hostgator

If you're site is PHP/Mysql based and you really use 800 GB of traffic, get a dedicated server, and your $10 budget is definitely unreal for your requirement, no matter if some hosts offer unreal packages.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Jedito View Post
    If you're site is PHP/Mysql based and you really use 800 GB of traffic, get a dedicated server, and your $10 budget is definitely unreal for your requirement, no matter if some hosts offer unreal packages.
    I agree. Unless you are willing to be bounced from host to host to host. I would think a little more about what you are trying to do. If you are streaming media then go with a good solid streaming service. If you are mysql/php then you are definitely looking at a dedicated server with lots of ram and managed service. If you think about it. Nobody in there right mind would allow you to degrade there service just to make 10 bucks a month from you. Have a look around at how much a dedicated server costs and how many customers they would have to have to cover there overhead and you will see your expectations are a little off base for a shared environment.

1 GB space is ok but those 800 GB monthly transfer... Are you sure you need so much data transfer?
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Nope mate, DreamHost provides more than it for less money. Its realistic.
    I agree , its like the word "Dream Host" you are not just hosted you are given a fairy tail kinda environment where anything is possible so 800gb transfer for 10 bucks i am sure is possible there. Cause anything goes there !!

Sorry, but I don't see any possible way for you to be able to get 800gb of bandwidth for that pricing. If you were to increase your budget to at least $50 then we'll start talking .
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rageki-John View Post
    Sorry, but I don't see any possible way for you to be able to get 800gb of bandwidth for that pricing. If you were to increase your budget to at least $50 then we'll start talking .
    Oh so from $10 a year to $50 a year budget? Hmm.. would that still work ?

I am not sure what the budget was for, monthly, yearly or something else, maybe op should come back and reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Oh so from $10 a year to $50 a year budget? Hmm.. would that still work ?

I am not sure what the budget was for, monthly, yearly or something else, maybe op should come back and reply.
    I meant monthly... That's what I thought the guy was referring to $10/month and I'm telling him to increase it to at least $50/month.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

I think you can going with a VPS !
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

You should definitely check in the Hosting Offers section here on WHT - it should not be difficult to find a hosting company that could easily handle your site.
    Peter Marek
    https://www.UltraQuantix.com
    Fast - Reliable - Affordable - Shared Hosting - VPS - Website & Server Monitoring
    Web Hosting Done Right !

Host Gator will give you what you need.

That's what I thought the guy was referring to $10/month and I'm telling him to increase it to at least $50/month.
    Not that $50 is not considerably closer to the truth, it is, but $50 still won't really cover the cost of 800GB, if he's planning to actually use them. It's just the way it is.

With the current budget, his only solution is to try and take advantage of hugely oversold shared hosting packages, of which there's no shortage, but he stands a chance to achieve that only if the vast majority of the data transfer he's using is due to distributing big files (large images, mp3s, videos). If that's not the case, his budget must go up. Up into the hundreds.