How does it sent email? In bulk are 10 at the same time (i am thinking of server load) ... + is it possible to sent a mailing in txt & html at the same time (txt + html attached, html viewers get html when they open it) ...
Looking forward to your reply
It sends each email separately because it is customized for the recipient. The mails script is executed every 10 seconds to keep the server load low, and you can also define the batch size (10, 20, 50..). (You can use it manually as well if the number of recipients is low, e.g. a few thousand, and just need to press the "send" button a few times)
Regarding your second question: it sends plain HTML or text.
Actually it depends on the mail client how it renders HTML. Since the newsletter is sent using plain HTML (you can compose it as a webpage with absolute URLs for images), all the mail clients tested have no problem receiving HTML.
However in future release we have plan to add the feature for users to select if they want HTML or Text newsletter Then you'll be able to compose two newsletters, one in text and the other in HTML.
Originally posted by nudetravel nice looking script. I have a couple of questions;
1. is there a way to auto unsubscribe bounced email addresses?
2. can we also collect names and personalize outgoing mail?
3. can you compare your product to mailman and mojomail?
4. can return-path be changed so bounces go somewhere other than the reply-to address?
Thanks for appreciation! ( Chewnet you too )
1. No, there is no auto unsubscribe from bounced emails. Bounced emails are not handled. They will end up in postmaster account or depending on your php configuration.
2. Out of the box, names are not collected, however you can customize the signup/subscription form to include name, address, company, web, etc. Its pretty simple.
3. No, we can't compare it to mailman. Mailman is a standalone full-featured mailing list server. This is a small web based application to send out newsletters, and manage subscriptions on the web. Plus you can integrate it to your existing database of users. (some changes of sql queries). For example one client has customized it with phpnuke user database, to send out announcements.
4. Hmm... I think it depends on php configuration in php.ini. Where will the bounced email go if you send an email to wrong address using php mail function? Probably to postmaster/root account.
Re #4: some script can set the return-path, which seems o be part of the mail header.. maybe you can easily integrate that .. anyways .. still looks like a great tool to me ... just too bad you cannot sent txt&html in one ... (yet) ..