Thread: VPS provider

VPS provider

Hi.

Can some one tell, which VPS provider can provide a good security for their clients and the uptime 99% with good price…

I need an excellent provide to move my old VPS to their company, right now I have 64Gig space.

My regards.

i recommend you use: www.fuildvps.com (a part of www.fluidhosting.com)

It's the best hosting provider i saw!

Ok I will see them, than I will make the comparisons.

Thanks

Hi Rashad,

do you have a budget in mind??

Hi. 3dgwebhosting

60$

$60 is an excellent budget and lots of plans that can meet your requirements perfectly.

Windows or Linux???

Linux..

But I need the VPS with security against hackers !!

Thought about Windows???

Make sure you are with a provider that offer an enterprise class firewall appliance(s) included in your package or at the very least an extra fee for that protection.

right I now I have Linux.. VPS

64GB Diskspace
    896MB RAM Guaranteed
    700GB Bandwidth
    + FREE Plesk Control Panel (10 domain)

so I need better offer and service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
    Linux..

But I need the VPS with security against hackers !!
    I believe you want a Fully Managed VPS?

The offer that you are having, if it is fully managed, I believe is cheap enough.

It is quite impossible to get such VPS specifications that is fully managed. There are many VPS providers out there who claim that their VPS plans are fully managed, but if you read the definition carefully, not many of them actually patch and upgrade your VPS proactively.

Cheers.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Quote Originally Posted by michaelfoo View Post
    I believe you want a Fully Managed VPS?

The offer that you are having, if it is fully managed, I believe is cheap enough.

It is quite impossible to get such VPS specifications that is fully managed. There are many VPS providers out there who claim that their VPS plans are fully managed, but if you read the definition carefully, not many of them actually patch and upgrade your VPS proactively.

Cheers.
    That's right.

what I have right now is not fully managed, even right noe my VPS is dead, am ready to pay what ever they want , but let my VPS running !!

Until now (24) hours my VPS is dead. And am getting complain from my clients, and that’s not really FUNNY.

To be honest, an 'enterprise class firewall' you could setup yourself on a linux system using iptables - perhaps an hour or two of learning and you'll know how to make a firewall in exactly the way you want.

This is the problem with windows systems in general; presumably you'd have to pay for an 'Enterprise class firewall' which is shockingly simple but comes with a nice GUI and costs you $$$ every year?
    Orion Internet Services Ltd.
    Genuinely affordable UK-Based VPS and Website Hosting
    Tel: +44 (0) 845 8621431 -- Email: sales@orion-hosting.co.uk

In your situation i would take a look around at managed providers on the forums and contact them directly about your requirements - you will find a lot of VPS providers will help out quite a bit if you ask.
    Lucy,
    Tagbridge
    ON-DEMAND INSTANT VPS PROVISIONING!
    UK & USA nodes available.

That's right.

what I have right now is not fully managed, even right noe my VPS is dead, am ready to pay what ever they want , but let my VPS running !!

Until now (24) hours my VPS is dead. And am getting complain from my clients, and that’s not really FUNNY.
    Try to get a remote system administrator to help you fix the problem with your VPS. Check out this section for these helping hands: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Cheers.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Try nac.net it will lightly costlier but service is good

Quote Originally Posted by ashokuh View Post
    Try nac.net it will lightly costlier but service is good
    Their VPS Plans are very expensive !

Checkout http://www.a2b2.com & http://www.solarvps.com for managed VPS. BTW before placing the order do discuss your needs with the provider you chose.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by vinsar View Post
    Checkout http://www.a2b2.com & http://www.solarvps.com for managed VPS. BTW before placing the order do discuss your needs with the provider you chose.
    http://www.a2b2.com -----> Cool site

http://www.solarvps.com -----> I will think about it

my regards

Their VPS Plans are very expensive !
    You get what you pay for - as you are finding out now with your current supplier

I can recommend Transnexis/Layershift as reliable VPS providers - its going to be higher than your current budget but worth the extra.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    You get what you pay for - as you are finding out now with your current supplier .
    That's right

Any one suggests Liquid Web?
    I like their price, but do they will transfer my all data from my old VPS provider?!

The main thing what are the current nodes they have?

Any one suggests Liquid Web?
    I like their price, but do they will transfer my all data from my old VPS provider?!

The main thing what are the current nodes they have?
    Don't you think these are perfect pre-sales enquiries that should be sent to their Sales desk?

Cheers.

www.wiredtree.com they offer good security with their server hardening, also some of the best support i have encountered.

They own their own hardware, treat their customers well and come highly recommended if you do a search for their reviews.

KnownHost.com is another VPS provides that has fairly good reviews.