Question Are my prices ok??

I just recently designed new packages for hosting but I dont know if the prices are within industry standard. Any additional comments that could help please post. Thanks

Chris

http://www.radicalv.com
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

There is no industry standard really. I've seen prices for a 100mb account range from $1 a month to $100.

That said, your website is down

My website is down???? Right now I have 13 visitors on it so i cant be down. Is anyone else having trouble getting on?
    Jamie
    RadicalV.com High Velocity Hosting Services - Since 1999
    Hsphere Linux & Windows Hosting ~ Automated Reseller Plans ~ EasyApp Collection

Your site its up to me.

BTW, your prices seems OK for the real world, probably expensive compared with most host on WHT.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I can access your site

About your prices, they are a little steep. The beginner plan (20MB space, 500MB transfer for 6.95 a month), most hosts probably offer for less than $2 per month, so you might want to re-think your prices a little (or just cut em in half!). But if support, uptime, and speed are great, you can charge more. Quality needs to equal the price
    Cube X Hosting
    www.CXHosting.com
    AIM: CubeXH, Yahoo: CubeXH

Ditto to the above, your prices are higher than normal. There's just too many good hosts out there who offer much more bandwith etc.. for cheaper prices than you currently do, it's going to be tough to be competitive unless you lower them. As the previous user said, cutting them in half would be about right. Either that, or greatly increase the bandwith offered in each package.

Best of luck,

David
    http://www.genaldi.com

It is always better to always keep your prices higher than the lowest cost and its best to find hosts in the mid-range and set your prices around that. Your prices are quite high I would suggest about double for both space and bandwidth atleast maybe even 2x on the space. But then again you could target your local market and be just fine, but I would say for the "general" internet community those prices are high.

agree with okihost that its better to keep your prices higher. If you start with a low price and later find out that you can't cover your bills, you will get a lot of resistance from your clients when you want to raise the prices.

Well its not all about low cost in the webhosting industry anyway, there're a lot of other features that you could focus, e.g good customer service, fail-safe websites, customizable hosting plans etc.

Cheers

I would say drop your prices by about 20% and you'll be okay.
    Lime Drop Marketing!
    Web Design | Graphic Design | Logo Design
    http://www.limedrop.ca

I mean the way I did it was I figured there are 2 of us that handle support and such now so when we get to where it gets really busy we will be able to hire an additional tech.. we are actually looking into this now so you have to think the CHEAPEST you are going to get a tech is 15 bucks and hour unless you get someone overseas like bobcares which i do not recommend or find someone to do AIM support but I mean how good of track can you keep of someone that you know have via AIM.. So that is something you should really think about when raising your prices. Remember prices here are not really the norm this is kind of like "geekville" where everyone kinda knows there stuff and usually just grabs the cheapest thing they can get.. the local market is alot different.. anyway good luck.

If your support is good, the prices are fair but they are still quite a bit higher then most people's prices here.

Talking

Do you think that´s expensive? The word "mensual" means monthly, "alta" is setup and "espacio" is space. Check these places:

http://www.adad.net/

http://webcom.com.mx/hosting2.html

Take a look at this design:
    http://123web.com.ar/

http://www.compuwork.8k.com/

http://www.adngrafica.com.ar/hosting.php

There are a lot more.

ouch

250mb
    7gb

$540 a year

My GOD

Found the key to making loads of money out of webhosting -> learn another language bar English LOL
    Proxima Web-Hosting

I think your prices are set realistically. If you can signup customers with those prices, then I say keep them where they are at. You can always lower them in the future.

All of this depends on your source of clients. If you are looking to attract clients from WHT, then they are too high. If you are looking for local clients, or new businesses, then those prices will work well if you provide good support.

Find a niche, provide top-notch support, be there for your clients, and you can charge higher than "normal" prices and still continue to grow.

"WHT like" prices around here are a good 2-3 times lower than the industry average for web hosting when you are looking at small to medium sized businesses. Just look at Futurequest or Rackspace, real companies that charge "real" prices

- John C.

Talking

I´m considering giving my services to Latin America. The rates are really high.

Originally posted by Steve-PWH
    [B]250mb
    7gb

$540 a year
    Thats nothing. my local competition is charging $359/year for 10mb of space.
    AC Host Canada – Affordable Canadian Web Hosting Solutions
    Shared Hosting | Email Hosting | DNS Hosting | Custom Plans Available

John C hit id dead on. Saying "Your to expensive" is kind of jumping into things a bit. First figure out your target market. If you target customers locally, generally speaking you can charge higher prices then the average host, whereas if your looking into mostly Internet customers, your prices will probably have to decrease.
    A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno

I agree - if you provide absolutely top notch support you can charge much higher prices; clients are willing to pay for having the best brains available constantly and consistently.

Personally i would much rather have a smaller number of good, loyal, higher paying clients than a lot of low paying ones.
    ••• Mark Castle •••
    ••• Secura Hosting Ltd •••
    ••• www.capitalethernet.co.uk •••
    My views are my own and not those of my company.

Re: Are my prices ok??

Originally posted by radv
    I just recently designed new packages for hosting but I dont know if the prices are within industry standard. Any additional comments that could help please post. Thanks

Chris

http://www.radicalv.com

Dear Friend,

The balance of your packages are quite fine. However the price of your starter packages are a bit expensive in my opinion. Whether you can increase the disk space and monthly traffic allowance, or reduce your prices.

PS: Nice and clean layout. Best wishes...
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com

Your prices seem fine. It all depends on your target market? Personally I'd rather have 100 clients at $24.99 than 200 at $12.49. You get a better quality client with less hassle.

I see a lot of hosting companies low balling the nexy guy. They think whoever is cheaper will get business, and that's NOT true. A lot of those cheap hosting businesses will be out of business before you know it. What's your profit margin? If you can't make a good profit what are into it for?
    Rich D.
    EBS

Originally posted by RichTek
    Your prices seem fine. It all depends on your target market? Personally I'd rather have 100 clients at $24.99 than 200 at $12.49. You get a better quality client with less hassle.

I see a lot of hosting companies low balling the nexy guy. They think whoever is cheaper will get business, and that's NOT true. A lot of those cheap hosting businesses will be out of business before you know it. What's your profit margin? If you can't make a good profit what are into it for?
    Well said Rich

Your Prices are little high if you plan on Targeting WHT people , But if you would target local customers I would say your close on target.
    phantasyworkshosting.com