View Poll Results: Which design firm do you like more?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • PixelBrick.com

19 59.38%
  • 2Advanced.com

13 40.63%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PixelBrick VS 2Advanced

I have always liked 2advanced, until recently, I discovered PixelBrick, and oh boy I love their styles/designs.(most of them, some are pretty normal).

I dont like 2advanced anymore, I thinks its too dull, all blue, and not that interesting. only good thing is their flash but its all the same.

so my vote goes to PixelBrick.
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

Pixel Brick without a doubt!
    iHosts.com >> Web hosting forum
    I own a webhosting community hosted at Dominet.net
    Thank you DomiNET

I think that 2advanced is just about the worst company ever.

Pixel all the way
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

I can think of much worse companies myself than pixelbrick or 2advanced myself...although both of them have a similar look to them for every site they build. It's very good, just that even when you look at a MacIntosh and a Spartan, they are both apples...only difference is the MacIntosh is smoother.

both make good designs, but i prefer pixelbrick
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

2advanced seems to have the same kind of design, atleast the same concept. Pixelbrick always has something different. Thats why i voted for pixelbrick

Weird, why is pixelbrick so popular?

Originally posted by joethong
    Weird, why is pixelbrick so popular?
    My ? exactly and why do people hate 2advance their designs look awesome....are u guys just jealous? i think they are about the same

Arrow

Between the two, my preference would be 2Advanced.

Although, there are many web development companies that I'd rank higher than 2Advanced, and PixelBrick.

Pixelbricks design all look similar to me in my opinion. They are good though.

Originally posted by Synthetic
    Between the two, my preference would be 2Advanced.

Although, there are many web development companies that I'd rank higher than 2Advanced, and PixelBrick.
    Ya, how come these are our only choices?

They are loads out there. Example, styrofirm.com, our site designers, they are good too.

pixel break uses flash too much in my opinion..
    I like 2advanced myself

Originally posted by prelude785
    2advanced seems to have the same kind of design, atleast the same concept. Pixelbrick always has something different. Thats why i voted for pixelbrick
    Pixelbrick always have something different? Uhhh where? Every site they do looks identical. It's like someone there discovered flash one day and never got over it.

Every pixelbrick site has a huge flash animation at the top, a "funky" look somewhere, a nav system made of flash and changes colour or does something when you move a mouse over it, and has tons of screen clutter.

The only thing that pixel brick do that different on each site they make, is change the name at the top of the page, and that's only because they have to.

pixelbrick

for usability.. both sites fall short of compliant standards..

both sites use tiny text.. impossible for the average user to see... they use wierd color schemes, game/hacker type images, really big images that take ages to load on a 56k modem... so yea, they break just about every usability design rule

ohh and they are both TINY design firms.. Try someone else like Razorfish or some other big ones out there who are like 100x bigger than both combined... i think they do the real deal.. e.g. make adobe.com, macromedia.com, etc.. I cant remember the name, but I know their in the top 3 biggest web design firms on the net... each website cost about $4 million to make..
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

I would say 2advanced

Pixelbrick has a very nice design but I just like 2advanced more

The reason I do not like them is first the min 80k quote and second that there sales team is horrible.

Bad expierence , wouldnt ever use them
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

What is included in the 80k quote?

Joe

Originally posted by universal2001
    for usability.. both sites fall short of compliant standards..

both sites use tiny text.. impossible for the average user to see... they use wierd color schemes, game/hacker type images, really big images that take ages to load on a 56k modem... so yea, they break just about every usability design rule

ohh and they are both TINY design firms.. Try someone else like Razorfish or some other big ones out there who are like 100x bigger than both combined... i think they do the real deal.. e.g. make adobe.com, macromedia.com, etc.. I cant remember the name, but I know their in the top 3 biggest web design firms on the net... each website cost about $4 million to make..
    i know, their are making my site

Originally posted by phugo

i know, their are making my site
    What do you mean?

They are both dated and tacky, 2Advanced is a bit better. I agree with the earlier statement, a website is a tool - create a design that is easy on the eyes and allows the user to navigate easily. If you wish to make an impact through design, blend it with the function of the site and keep it fresh - like good architecture.

I look upto pixel brick. I don't think people should critisize their style, as all artists have their own unique look!
    Bannaz™ | Amazing HTML5 Banner Ad Designer!
    Leading designers in online advertising
    Need banners? Visit our Website

Arrow

No one's criticizing their style, they are criticizing the fact that their designs have become somewhat un-original. In all their designs, certain concepts are repeatedly used over... and over... and over again.

Originally posted by Synthetic
    What do you mean?
    was a joke... a bad one

yes agreed. 70% of the time, I could guess if the site's created by pixelbrick.

for websites go with pixelbrick

for flash go with 2advanced
    Todd Goldberg
    www.4nmedia.com
    AIM: FourNmedia

Originally posted by tzdesigner
    for websites go with pixelbrick

for flash go with 2advanced
    You mean static websites? As far as I know, Flash websites are still websites, are they not?

Talking

Originally posted by joethong
    yes agreed. 70% of the time, I could guess if the site's created by pixelbrick.
    Shouldn't that be a good thing?

nah not exactly, there's no creativity involved here, just reusing the same design tricks and layout templates to mass produce websites. Life as a designer could be pretty boring there I guess.

Well, it'd depend on whether you get the impression that a particular site must've been designed by PixelBrick because it looks fabulous, or because "it looks like that other site designed by PixelBrick."

But if people realise its by PixelBrick... then, well I guess I'm using my wrong instincts but, "money".

I beg to differ... Do you want your hosting site to look similar to other hosting sites that Pixelbrick has done?

Originally posted by archie2
    pixel break uses flash too much in my opinion..
    I like 2advanced myself
    Huh?
    2advanced its all in flash!

BTW, I'm pretty happy with my designer http://dique7.com
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Arrow

I've compilied a short list of some sites designed by PixelBrick.

Some say these sites look alike, some don't. Maybe if they were put together side-side it may give you a better picture (of either opinion.)

http://hwet.homestead.com/files/pb.jpeg

IMHO dialyourweb.com and hostrocket.com looks 60% similar.

We have had several sites done my pixelbrick and are very happy with every one of them. If anyone has any questions about doing business with them I will be more than happy to answer them, we have quite a bit of experiencing dealing with them now.

-Brendan

Now, place Synthetic's comparison in a neutral forum and have people decide who ripped whom.

Originally posted by Rotifer
    Now, place Synthetic's comparison in a neutral forum and have people decide who ripped whom.
    Well now, none of them are rips, of course . They just have a slightly similar "feel" to them.

My point was, I've seen people claim less similar sites to be ripped. But, I think you and I agree - for 5,000.00, or whatever these folks pay, you deserve original work.

Edit: Sorry I guess we are straying off topic. Umm.. like I said, I voted for 2Advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast