Exclamation Seeking 5-10 minutes response / server management

Hello,
    Due to recent downtimes , thank to firewall failures, and no proactive response/lack of monitoring from jonesolutions.com , i am seeking someone or some company which will do this for me :

Monitor server 24/7 and respond within 5 mins, if server fails aka http, ftpd , mysql ,exim goes down. Take whatever steps needed to bring those services back online, i.e do hard reboot, if ssh is not accessible, and still not accessible open high priority tickets to the Datacenter to hook up their console and look into issue. (recently with firewall going haywire, ssh fails, and a hard reboot even does not work, so manually dc has to reboot iptables locally)

Nothing else is required of the person/company. But failing to respond withing 5 mins. will mean termination of contract.

Jonesolutions.com is good for other issues and patching and stuff, but when it comes to being proactive/monitoring server or responding asap for critical issues, they fail in that area, as they do not provide 24/7 support. So, rest of management will be done by jonesolutions.com , unless someone can offer me a combined security + monitoring + updates deals .

Budget depends on what is being offered.

Server is Centos + Cpanel from TMS(they got good ticket responses for critical issues )

Regards
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

PM Sent, Please Check.

Hi Energizer Bunny,

I have just sent you a PM with details, kindly check it.

Best Regards,
    http://creawebsolutions.com
    Server Management & Web Security.

Hi

Details sent via PM to you .
    We can work definetly work something out for you.

I would suggest we can meet via MSN to speed up things .
    MSN:-lgx_brm@hotmail.com

Cheers!!
    SupportExpertz.com - the name says it all!
    Managed Cloud Servers
    Server Management and Monitoring
    24x7 outsourced customer support

EB, ill bet the replies you get will specify 5 minute response time, but that will be an initial response, usually an automated ticket reply. Perhaps any of the providers who have responded could comment - am I correct?

OP reminds me of one of those difficult customers who gets great help, but when you dont dive into their server(s) the moment they pick up the phone, all hell breaks loose and you are an unresponsive provider. My day job is a global financial network with over 3500 nodes and 7 DC's, and even we dont expect someone on the server within 5 minutes of a problem cropping up (even tough we could with having NOcs in 3 timezones)

Get resilient, failover and pay for good, reliable reputable support. Your processes dying and not restarting can be solved with a simple bash shell script. If your hardware level is failing lots, so much that you need to open a lot of DC hardware inspection tickets, then ask them to do the sensible ting and get proper hardware.
    Last edited by plexus; 04-05-2008 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plexus View Post
    EB, ill bet the replies you get will specify 5 minute response time, but that will be an initial response, usually an automated ticket reply. Perhaps any of the providers who have responded could comment - am I correct?
    Me being a representative of a support company , i totally agree with plexus on his comment. Simply because 5 min response implies it would be a canned response, and it may be possible only for critical tickets dealing with server downs or security issues.

I am still not ruling out the possibility that there would be companies who can provide the specified response time on all tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by activelobby4u View Post
    Me being a representative of a support company , i totally agree with plexus on his comment. Simply because 5 min response implies it would be a canned response, and it may be possible only for critical tickets dealing with server downs or security issues.

I am still not ruling out the possibility that there would be companies who can provide the specified response time on all tickets.
    Yes but i am not sure what is meant by some when they say 24/7 monitoring of services etc etc. What about response times, sure i can monitor my servers too but its all about response time and jumping on the horse to troubleshoot the issue asap
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Yes but i am not sure what is meant by some when they say 24/7 monitoring of services etc etc. What about response times,
    The server monitoring plans have variety of systems implemented. Some companies just have service monitoring and restarting of services when its found down and informing the customer if the server is down to get it rebooted

However most of the companies have a proactive approach towards the plan and have additional server administration hours packaged with the plan, which is good when you look from the customer's point of view.

The response times in these matters would be quick 5- 10 minutes depending on the time lag when the alerts reaches the support company internal systems and the emphasis would be given on resolving the issue at the earliest. Proactive monitoring ensures the server is made stable, when the symptoms are shown like high load , disk usage etc

http://supportlobby.com [SupportLobby : An ActiveLobby Enterprise]
    Last edited by activelobby4u; 04-13-2008 at 06:31 AM. Reason: change

Sandy,
    I have been with some companies who say they are proactive, but never managed to monitor loads, etc etc. And suppose i wanted to know what price tag your services carry how will i find out , as there is no price listed on your site ?

cheers

I have sent you a detailed PM with what Supportlobby offers

i recommend http://cliffsupport.com/ they are very fast and professional