a newbie question

Hello,

Currently I am transferring my domain to a new registrar.

I'm just a little confused with this status:

Action Requested: Transfer of domain.com from old Registrar along with 1 year Renewal

Status of the Action: Transfer waiting for Losing Registrar Approval

Uhmm, does the approval happen automatically? I read somewhere that it usually take 5 days. Or should the Losing Registrar manually approve the transfer? What if they don't approve it or something? what happens to my domain now?

You help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Have you not received an Email for accepting the domain transfer? It should be sent to Admin-C Email address.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxo View Post
    Have you not received an Email for accepting the domain transfer? It should be sent to Admin-C Email address.
    The problem is, I forgot to change the admin contact before the transfer was made. I registered the domain thru my host and used their billing contact for the admin-c and everything, instead of mine to protect my privacy.

Now, that the transfer is being processed, emails are not being sent to my email but to my host's email address. and I sent them a request in assisting me with that transfer. Ask them to accept requests from emails being sent to their address.

My current registrar (where I am transferring my domain) has sent the admin-c an authorization email in which my host, (since emails are being sent to them, instead of me) had already accepted.

Now this status came up:

Action Requested: Transfer of domain.com from old Registrar along with 1 year Renewal

Status of the Action: Transfer waiting for Losing Registrar Approval
    I'm just confused. After admin-c approval email has been accepted, what's next? are there more emails the admin-c should accept after that first one?

You just need to wait for around 5 days after the authorization email got accepted. As the status is "waiting for losing registrar approval" the authorization email got accepted.

There are some registrars where you can login into there control panel and confirm the outgoing transfer.
    If you are not in a hurry just wait the 5 to 6 days and the transfer will be finished.

Don't forget to control and possibly correct all the contact details after the transfer is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by rony View Post
    You just need to wait for around 5 days after the authorization email got accepted. As the status is "waiting for losing registrar approval" the authorization email got accepted.

There are some registrars where you can login into there control panel and confirm the outgoing transfer.
    If you are not in a hurry just wait the 5 to 6 days and the transfer will be finished.

Don't forget to control and possibly correct all the contact details after the transfer is finished.
    Oh, I see. Thank you very much.