High storage and bandwidth

Anyone know a server with huge storage and bandwidth, like Dreamhost, Hostgator, Hostmonster, and Site5, but with a monthly payment less than $8? I dont want to pay a setup fee or pay yearly. I want month-to-month payments.

Thanks

You will not find a dedicated server for less than $8! Are you crazy? Those hosts oversell, and it is nearly impossible to use all that space.

Why do you need that much space and bandwidth? I have a feeling you won't need it.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

I want shared hosting. I just dont want to prepay for a year.

Then give us a REAL amount of bandwidth & space, and your budget. Those hosts oversell and you won't need the amount of space or bandwidth.

would help if you siad how much space and bandwidth you are looking for

JelloX, I want the most I can get for $8/month without prepaying. Hows that?

100GB of Space and 1TB of bandwidth is fine.

may i also ask whats it going to be used for?

http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml
    Monthly: 8.95

Use google to find coupons

I see 9.95. I will look for coupons

No host will let you actually host a TB of data on a shared server. I don't care what they say, there's some restriction or condition that will prevent it, or it'll only allow you do add so much over time or some crazy thing like that. Hosts have maybe 1.5 TB's across 2 or 4 drives in a raid array and there's no shared provider that's going to give you 1/2 or 2/3rds of their entire total disk space for $8 or less per month. Why pay people to lie to you? I'll lie to you now for $8 and save you the hassle.

It's not within their best interests to offer. It would be senseless, and they'd go under and be paying at least $100-$200/mo. out of their total space availability to host your $8/mo. account? People need to wise up about their expectations. No business is going to lose 10 to 20 times the money they pay their data center to host your $8/mo. account. Simple 1st grade math backs this fact up. How is this stuff not blatantly obvious? Maybe I should start an anonymous web host that offers these trick plans and just make crazy promises and compete with all the other oversellers and just make a living lying, too?
    Last edited by Tim Greer; 03-27-2008 at 02:27 AM.

Hostdime, I think. I've read mixed reviews about them.

I thought dreamhost was one of the few actually offering for sure the space.. now I see they offer 500 Gb

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Greer View Post
    No host will let you actually host a TB of data on a shared server. I don't care what they say, there's some restriction or condition that will prevent it, or it'll only allow you do add so much over time or some crazy thing like that. Hosts have maybe 1.5 TB's across 2 or 4 drives in a raid array and there's no shared provider that's going to give you 1/2 or 2/3rds of their entire total disk space for $8 or less per month. Why pay people to lie to you? I'll lie to you now for $8 and save you the hassle.

It's not within their best interests to offer. It would be senseless, and they'd go under and be paying at least $100-$200/mo. out of their total space availability to host your $8/mo. account? People need to wise up about their expectations. No business is going to lose 10 to 20 times the money they pay their data center to host your $8/mo. account. Simple 1st grade math backs this fact up. How is this stuff not blatantly obvious? Maybe I should start an anonymous web host that offers these trick plans and just make crazy promises and compete with all the other oversellers and just make a living lying, too?
    Let him learn on his own. Some people must learn the hard way.

Here you go, largest amount of space available.
    http://www.imhosted.com/ - 2.5TB space & 20TB transfer
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by tr0gd0r View Post

LOL..........

I just died a little inside.

Quote Originally Posted by NexSeven View Post
    I just died a little inside.
    Get use to it, I'm sure we're going to see a lot more threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by utropicmedia-karl View Post
    LOL..........
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Maybe I should start an anonymous web host that offers these trick plans and just make crazy promises and compete with all the other oversellers and just make a living lying, too?
    You wouldn't be the first

Urgh, so many posts like this. When do they learn. I guess this is why the oversellers make so much $
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

Yes, it obviously works! I remember when I was younger I was fooled by Site5...

I guess you guys are right. Find the humor in it and don't waste time trying to explain basic math to people. They'll either learn the hard way or not learn anything at all. You don't exactly have to be in this field for even a day to understand the physical limits and costs, especially when people waste their time explaining it. I won't be doing that too much anymore.

It gets too repetitive, and after a while someone gives up. There should be a stick post or something, this is the #1 question that pops up. After a while you start to sound like a broken record, I think I will start linking people to what overselling is rather than to try and explain it (over and over)

Overselling isn't a bad thing for the customer, as long as a host controls it and knows the limit and monitors load/performance. Hostgator is one of them, imo.

Sometimes I just think: why not tap into the minds of the not-so-knowledgeable and start giving away 10000gb of this n' that for $10, it's so tempting ;P
    Afterburst - the best unmetered VPS - read why here!

I think the time of the torrent movement is over.. it's time for everyone to host at home

Most likely will be the latter. I do plan on using the space they promised me, otherwise I wouldnt be looking for an overseller. Im using 60-70 GB on dreamhost with no problems, but my 1 year is almost up and they are over $10/month

What do you host anyway?
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

Any copyright material? Music, Videos? Torrents? I don't see how you can pass 1GB without any of those mentioned.

You mean surpass 1 TB, and yeah, that's odd. Anyway, Dreamhost allowing 60-70 gigs isn't a big thing. A lot of hosts can truly offer 100-200 gigs per account for disk space. However, when you're in the 1+ TB area, that's different. You don't need to bother to listen to any of our warnings about this sort of thing, you have your mind set on it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by tr0gd0r View Post
    Anyone know a server with huge storage and bandwidth, like Dreamhost, Hostgator, Hostmonster, and Site5, but with a monthly payment less than $8? I dont want to pay a setup fee or pay yearly. I want month-to-month payments.

Thanks
    some things are more cheaper u sould search u can find every thing ....

LOL.

Like daejuanj said, let him learn the hard way.

I do plan on using the space they promised me
    Good luck with that.

--

You don't understand you can't get a mass amount of stuff and pay so little for it, you obviously don't understand anything of this business.

Be sure to post a review of the service after a few months of service so we can know how this turned out for you.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Im currently doing my research on what I need/want out a host. This site has been quite informative on whats out there. I still have a few questions, but since Im not in a hurry to find out the answers, I plan on looking through the forums a while longer before bothering the old timers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Burtan View Post
    Any copyright material? Music, Videos? Torrents? I don't see how you can pass 1GB without any of those mentioned.
    I plan on hosting family photos and (small) videos. Right now, I have about 11 gigs of photos Id love to share to my family and friends. I dont plan on sharing everything,and likely will resize the images down a bit, but Im sure to share more than 1GB. Anyways, just wanted to post the fact that gallery websites can post content in excess of 1gb.

If only things were possible, just because you wish they were. I'm not sure that trying in the face of impossible math will help fix that problem, but good luck. I'm going to try and buy a $56.7 million house tomorrow for $5. I suppose if I keep trying and think positive, it might happen as I make offers on each house I see. Then I can resell it for $20M. I'm a genius.

well said

there is no free lunch. 1.5tb for 10 bucks a month is just pure drug fantasy.

I actually found some FREE unlimited storage space and bandwidth hosts. It took me 2 minutes searching on Google. But, I won't do you the disservice of pointing you to them, or mentioning their names here.

Not that I don't want to help you, but if you spend some time reading through this forum, I think you'll realize that your grand mama was right when she says you can't get something for nothing. I'm finding that's especially true when searching for a decent web host.

I'm actually listening to one of the current Presidential candidates making some similar type of promises to the American people... hmmm. I wonder if that person is also in the web hosting business??
    Last edited by dengwms; 03-29-2008 at 01:35 PM. Reason: grammer, spelling and an additional sarchastic remark

Right, it's not as if we're being mean or something. Everyone wishes that bandwidth and disk space was so cheap that they could offer unlimited or unrealistic resources. But, it's just not a fact no matter how much you wish it was. Sometimes, you just have the money to afford the type of site hosting you need, or not. Consider that google and yahoo, msn and cnn would be on a $10/mo. or similar account if this was true. No, they pay millions, because it cost millions to run the sites they need to run, due to space and traffic considerations (as well as processing power needs, of course).