Forum Guidelines updated [March 26, 2008]

We added one sentence.

Previous:
    You are permitted a maximum of one account, active or inactive, regardless of how many companies you represent. If you choose to ignore this important restriction, all your accounts will be disabled. If you require a temporary user name for any reason, please open a helpdesk ticket. If you require a user name change, please open a helpdesk ticket. If you have forgotten your log in details and are unable to retrieve them via the system, do not create a new account, please open a helpdesk ticket.
    Updated:
    You are permitted a maximum of one account, active or inactive, regardless of how many companies you represent. If you choose to ignore this important restriction, all your accounts will be disabled. If you require a temporary user name for any reason, please open a helpdesk ticket. If you require a user name change, please open a helpdesk ticket. If you have forgotten your log in details and are unable to retrieve them via the system, do not create a new account, please open a helpdesk ticket. Web Hosting Talk allows one account per member and one member per account.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

So you mean I can't use my 3 other accounts anymore
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

You couldn't use 'em before!

We already had, "Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone. If you choose to ignore this important restriction your account, and any accounts associated with it, will be disabled."

Not to mention the, "You are permitted a maximum of one account ..." bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    You couldn't use 'em before!

We already had, "Your account is yours alone. You are responsible for any activity created with it. You may not share your account login with anyone. If you choose to ignore this important restriction your account, and any accounts associated with it, will be disabled."

I'm schizophrenic, what if my other personalities use the other accounts

(Just trying to sort through the obvious FAQs )
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    I'm schizophrenic, what if my other personalities use the other accounts

(Just trying to sort through the obvious FAQs )
    The key words in the rule for that situation would be, "you are responsible."

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    The key words in the rule for that situation would be, "you are responsible."
    Frankie: We are schizophrenic as well, (see location), when you say "you are responsible," which one of us do you mean? Each for our own, all of us for one... or one of us for all?

Corey: Stop it Frankie... he obviously means one account per warm human body!

Frankie: Right, but there are seven of us in here...

Corey: No, we can only have ONE account and you cannot use it anymore, see the name at the top, it doesn't say 'Frankie,' does it? No, I didn't think so. Now go sit down.

Sorry guys, I'm back, I think I've clarified it with myself... One me, one account.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Blaser View Post
    ... One me, one account.
    Yup. I think you sorted it out. It doesn't matter how many are in there. The government sees you as one person. We see you as one account.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them