Offshore Web Hosting

Hello,
    I've been using a shared webhost that is on Ecatel.net's network, however have experienced frequent hiccups with the network. I was looking at leaseweb, but their low prices really scare me.

The web server should preferably be in the Netherlands.

Let me hear your suggestions =)
    Last edited by portal; 03-26-2008 at 09:20 PM.

Use the We dare datacenter http://www.we-dare.nl/

A company I know of that uses them is infinitetech.in There a good company too

I'm looking at infinitetech.in right now, gonna read up on them.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Patti View Post

I've gone ahead and ordrered from InfiniteTech, upon further investigation I realized that they're utilizing LeaseWeb bandwidth,
    do they have multiple servers where I can request to be moved to the server running on we-dare?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Patti View Post

After a few hours and a couple phone calls to india I managed to get my website moved from their LeaseWeb servers (horrible btw) to their We-Dare servers (muccch better). The gentleman i was talking to seemed fairly pleasant.

We'll see how it goes!

Thanks Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by portal View Post
    After a few hours and a couple phone calls to india I managed to get my website moved from their LeaseWeb servers (horrible btw) to their We-Dare servers (muccch better). The gentleman i was talking to seemed fairly pleasant.

We'll see how it goes!

Thanks Chris.
    Well portal,

How did you go ? If you are on the same "Cpanel Cluster" they host my reseller account on, you would have been down for the last two weeks and unable to contact support. The Indian phone number on the website is never being answered. Nice music though.

Hey, check out --> http://oxywrz.com/

I have been with them for almost 2 weeks, so far my site loads fast and uptime is good. They are also cheap.

URL: look at my sig.

May I ask why do you need offshore?

Does offshore really matter if you are still located in the country where the info you are hosting might be illegal/undesirable since you're still liable for the content.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Regardless of legality, some jurisdictions have appalling privacy protections whereas others have better protection.

You have more rights with respect to your data in some offshore locations than in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    May I ask why do you need offshore?

Does offshore really matter if you are still located in the country where the info you are hosting might be illegal/undesirable since you're still liable for the content.
    That's where you push the blame onto your users.
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

Quote Originally Posted by portal View Post

We'll see how it goes!

Thanks Chris.
    Thats kind of strange that you did not care for Lease Web. They are known for reliable and fast networks. I guess the third party company that leased that particular server did not originally order a high speed server or maybe not the best hardware for the server itself. If I were to recommend a company, it would still be Lease Web and I am neither affiliated with them nor paid to speak on their behalf.

There is a popular Dutch hosting forum and if you can not find something here you may spend a few minutes there. Of course it is not better at all but there are some Dutch providers there. But do you need a shared (budget) hosting service or you're looking for server?

... and one more thing EU is offshore in geographical terms, isn't it? It is not offshore at all in terms of taxation and regulations. Keep that in mind.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

As a colleague of mine once said, "Offshore is any where that you don't live."

I have never heard a more true statement when it comes to the hosting business. As most of the regulations are the same in the US and the EU, most jurisdictions outside those two set their own rules.

What's 'offshore' for you, is just a 40 mile trip for me. Therefore I never understood the term 'offshore'.
    hi there!

Have you tried http://www.exmasters.com/ That where lot of the torrents sites are hosted, I believe.