Hi this is Anthony and i require to become my own webhost :)

Hi all and thanks for the great forum, been looking into becoming my own web host for a while now and i see that this is the place to be.

So all who read this please assist me in this process:

i have 1 nice pentium4 with windows installed on it and a satellite connection that has multiple static IP addresses with it, i would like to use apache as my webserver. but other than that i require assistance to get this off the ground. basically i`m looking into making a professional webhosting enviroment at my home utilising the above setup. for the time being there will only be one website on this server that has forums, chat rooms, mysql databases and possibly video streaming in the future.
    how do i do this? i would like my setup capable of hosting many websites aswell and act as my own mail server, i will get as many computer as needed to get this off the ground. i dont want to do the DNS thing if i can help it

so i`m asking all to send there recommendations of reading material, setup recommendations, software requirements etc to [email protected]

thanks to all that choose to assist me in this process.

Hello AnthonyArde, welcome. Enjoy your visits.

A couple points of interest are the forum guidelines and this answer guide.

welcome Anthony

lets make an appropriate topic in windows hosting section and we'lL discuss there

Nice to see a new face!