Moving from reseller to shared. Need advice.

Hi all,

So I'm currently on a reseller plan with Cyber Host Pro and they are great. I've been with them for a couple of years now and I've got no complaints. Fantastic service, fantastic support, everything is stellar.

However my circumstances have changed somewhat and I'm not longer needing to resell and holding onto my plan is just money down the drain, so I'm looking to move some of my currently held domains over to a shared plan.

I was planning on staying with CHP but I feel like I could probably find a better deal on shared hosting elsewhere and was looking for some advice. Here are my needs:

Ideally Windows 2003 servers as I run ASP and PHP.
    Free MySQL.
    Ideally around 5 hosted domains although I will look as low as 1 if the price is cost effective for me to get multiple packages.

Right now I'm paying 30 pounds a month but can easily move my reseller package to a 20 a month deal. However I'm more looking for a per annum deal around 30ish pounds for the above. Don't know if thats realistic or not though.

Doesn't need to be UK based as US/Canada based is just as good if not better (maybe cheaper?).

Thanks for the help in advance. I am with my current host because of this site so I know I can trust your advice. I know there are lots of hosts here too and I know shilling isn't allowed but feel free to PM me if you want to shill your own company.

What did you mean by free mysql ? You mean separate server for sql which is free?

Sorry no. Just want to have MySQL included in the price. Before I was with CHP I was with Fasthosts who charged me for MySQL even though I was a reseller (grr).

-edit-

BTW the reason they did that was because it was a separate server, so no, I don't need (nor want) the MySQL to be on a separate server.

For windows i'd recommend realvaluehosting.com. Unless you are looking for an overseller who gives a lot of space. RVH is open to custom plans too so you're good to go

Well, the main host I recommend a lot is Hostgator, I have Linux hosting with them - its great. I do know that hostgator is coming out with Windows shared plans soon, that might be great because once they're out, there will be very low server to customer ratios.
    I'm currently hosting with: hostgator

Isn't Hostgator an overseller though? I'd need tons of space and bandwidth. The only thing that would attract me to an overseller would be unlimited domains. RealValueHosting might be ok but they only offer one domain per plan so I might look a little more. Everything else they offer is almost exactly the same as CHP (they even use HELM) so the transition would be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingKarrde View Post
    Isn't Hostgator an overseller though? I'd need tons of space and bandwidth. The only thing that would attract me to an overseller would be unlimited domains. RealValueHosting might be ok but they only offer one domain per plan so I might look a little more. Everything else they offer is almost exactly the same as CHP (they even use HELM) so the transition would be easy.
    They oversell on their shared plans, but to a limit. Their servers have average load. On their reseller plans, however, they do not oversell and overselling is not allowed.
    RageTracks.com -- Discover the latest Electronic Dance Music

By the way I meant I DON'T need tons of space and bandwidth

Also, I'm looking for a shared plan, not reseller. That's what I'm currently on. I'll take a look at HostGator though and see if they fit my needs (and look for some more reviews).

Try to open the review at :
    1. http://www.webhosting-top10.com/host20/ or
    2. http://www.web-hosting-top.com/

There are reviews there about the top ten hosts. You can have a look at the web hosts. All of them offer competitive prices with good services

To the OP - great support and performance is hard to find. I'd be weary of leaving it.

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by PlayingKarrde View Post
    Thanks WiredMom for recommending our services

PlayingKarrde - Although it is not mentioned on our website but we do offer multiple site hosting with shared hosting. You may like to send us a mail for the details.

Thanks.
    Real Value Hosting - Every day hosting solutions since 2003
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting VPS Dedicated Servers True 24 x 7 x 365 Support