WHM with many accounts problemes setting up

hey guys,

im over my head, never had to do much server setups but somehow this is all fallen onto me. at one point i decided to pay to get it setup and i don't think they did a good job of doing it or maybe at explaining it to me after.

So here is what i wanted to accomplish.

i only have 2 ips ( i was told this would be ok to be able to share the ips)

now i want to host in total 4 diffrent sites on the server, each site will also have diffrent domain's forward to them.

Now i read a lot on google and in here about setting up a nameserver but i cant seem to do it properly, i made all the changes but the names dont seem to resolve.

Also the idiot tech that i hired for 200 setup reseller accounts for some reason, he told me this is what i asked for when i said i wanted many accounts.

So my question without going into to many details at the moment what should the general setup look like?

i logged into root account and setup basic server with the resolved hostname and my primary and secondary nameservers, assigned ip's and created A records. I also enabled nameservers setup on server and restarted the service. Im having some permmission issues with SSH so i cant see the .conf files so i have to rely on the gui of WHM that everthing is setup proeprly.

with the pointless resellers accounts im not sure if the dns zones are affecting anything but the primary and secondary nameserver does not seem to resolve.

does my logic make sense? im i off soemwhere??

M

Have you created the nameservers with the domain registrar with the right IPs.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

i tried asking the techs at the eurodns.com to change the name servers. what else can i do?
    "quote from email"
    Dear customer,

Your Name server are not replying to our checks. They do not even reply to ping requests. Please recheck your configuration and come back to me.

Nuno Soares
    EuroDNS S.A.
    2, rue Leon Laval
    L-3372 Leudelange
    -------------------------------
    This is what i need them to be

ns1.ip-xxx-xxx-237-96.ip.secureserver.net
    xxx-xxx-237-96
    ns2.ip-xxx-xxx-237-96.ip.secureserver.net
    xxx-xxx-237-106
    "/quote"

Your child nameserver with your domain registrar should be like:

ns1.yourdomain.com abc.XXX.YYY.CCC
    ns2.yourdomain.com abc.XXX.YYY.bbb

Those IPs are what provided on your server.

Then once those nameservers have been set, you can use them for your domains.

BTW is your server managed or unmanaged? as you have mentioned in your previous post, you having some permmission issues with SSH, if it is managed you may ask your provider to sort it out on the server and you should sort it out on the domain registration front.

hmmm, see this is where i get confused, unmanaged unfortunately.

i thought by creating my own nameserver i would not have to use the namserver provided for me, don't forget im trying to create 4 accounts in total. does that makes sense??

Maybe if you have msn you can walk me trough this. it seems to me it should not take more than a few minutes to setup and i have been at thsi pointlessly for over 1 week

M.

Sure contact me over MSN.

thank you added you to my msn and waiting for you to get on

thank you again for all your help last night.

i do still have some small issues, eurodns.com tells me they still cant make the changes because

"I have now changed the update request replacing the dns you had ask to use before with the ones of markkalender.com In that case too the change cannot be done due to a misconfiguration:
    Domain: pokerpromagazine.se

NS check failed :
    Error : Nameserver ns1.markkalender.com cannot be queried for SOA"

so i guess you where right they have some restrictions on there site.

Also when i goto dns doctor i still get some big errors according to there site. im not sure what all this still means, i am however learning from all what you did last night to help.

thank you again
    Mark